+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1

    Arkfall killshot pursuit challenges bugged

    For one of the arkfall pursuits, the player must get the killshot on the hellion and the progenitor. I know 100% that I have gotten the killshot on both multiple times but the pursuit won't register those tasks complete. Anyone have similar problems or know how to fix this?

  2. #2
    Member Chris Robet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Hanging with Pan.
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Horror Stories View Post
    For one of the arkfall pursuits, the player must get the killshot on the hellion and the progenitor. I know 100% that I have gotten the killshot on both multiple times but the pursuit won't register those tasks complete. Anyone have similar problems or know how to fix this?
    They are fine. Even if it says critical kill or power kill or whatever that does not mean you got the kill shot. Try going on really late at night when there is barely anyone on and killing them with a fast firing smg such as a tachmag pulser.
    GOAT!!
    Watch me and the bat duke it out in The Unofficial Defiance Role Play Forum (Rules here). All are welcome!!
    Great clan PvP idea.
    PSN Name: Chris_Robet
    NA Server
    In Game Name: Chris Robet
    Ego: 5600
    Clan: Bailey's Doubleshot
    ---------------
    EU Server
    In Game Name: Chris Robet
    Ego 100
    Clan:

  3. #3
    if anybody knows about bugs pursuit glitches its me. but this pursuit did work for me.
    PS3 NA
    PSN the_vondruke
    EGO 6000
    IGN SAVAGE NECKBEARD
    Officer: Defiance Terminators

  4. #4
    Member Atticus Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Moses Lake, Wa USA
    Posts
    9,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Robet View Post
    They are fine. Even if it says critical kill or power kill or whatever that does not mean you got the kill shot. Try going on really late at night when there is barely anyone on and killing them with a fast firing smg such as a tachmag pulser.
    As Chris stated, there are several types of kills that one might be able to get. However the only one that works for the pursuit is exactly what it asks for, a Kill shot.

    These are just personal observations but here is what I have noticed for kill types:

    Nano kill means you had a nano applied when he died.
    Powerkill means you hit it within 15 -30 seconds before his death while your power was active
    Critical kill means you hit it with a crit shot within 15 -30 seconds before his death
    Melee kill means you hit it with a melee within 15 -30 seconds before his death
    Killing Blow means you got the killshot


    You need the killing blow. Chris's suggestion is a good one. I have always gotten them with overcharge or cloak and a Ba sniper. Line up your shot and when he is about dead, Oc/cloak then fire. If you want to be extra sure, then drop a damage spike, Oc/cloak, then fire. However that takes patience, skill and luck. Chris's idea only takes luck, so it may be the better idea.
    Support me in Extralife

    Xbox Gt and Defiance Character (Na): Atticus Batman
    DEFIANCE CLAN: DAWN PATROL(forum page)

    (Azrael Batman) Clan: Nuclear Elite (EU)


    Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    That's because Batman is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOz View Post
    As usual Batman is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaQkarri View Post
    Because Batman is ALWAYS RIGHT!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper2662 View Post
    Batman is boss. He will never lose because he is the best. That's that. Oh yeeeah

  5. #5
    i can confirm this bug,

    however, i think the problem is that "killing blow" pops up when it shouldn't

    when i made my resent alt, i was suprised to see i got 'killing blow' before i even hit 1000 ego.
    i know for a fact i would not have the damage output to land a killing shot.

  6. #6
    Member Atticus Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Moses Lake, Wa USA
    Posts
    9,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Claydough View Post
    i can confirm this bug,

    however, i think the problem is that "killing blow" pops up when it shouldn't

    when i made my resent alt, i was suprised to see i got 'killing blow' before i even hit 1000 ego.
    i know for a fact i would not have the damage output to land a killing shot.

    That wasn't a bug. Your bullet just has to be the very last one to hit him as he dies, to get the killing blow. A low ego can pull that off with a lucky shot. Also when you get the temporary ego, buff your shields and weapons get it too. So if the gun is around your ego then it will do as much damage at a buffed level as a gun naturally at that ego you got buffed to.
    Support me in Extralife

    Xbox Gt and Defiance Character (Na): Atticus Batman
    DEFIANCE CLAN: DAWN PATROL(forum page)

    (Azrael Batman) Clan: Nuclear Elite (EU)


    Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    That's because Batman is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOz View Post
    As usual Batman is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaQkarri View Post
    Because Batman is ALWAYS RIGHT!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper2662 View Post
    Batman is boss. He will never lose because he is the best. That's that. Oh yeeeah

  7. #7
    Member Major Crapshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    PS3 NA, CDT (UTC -5)
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus Batman View Post

    That wasn't a bug. Your bullet just has to be the very last one to hit him as he dies, to get the killing blow.
    A low ego can pull that off with a lucky shot. Also when you get the temporary ego, buff your shields and weapons get it too. So if the gun is around your ego then it will do as much damage at a buffed level as a gun naturally at that ego you got buffed to.
    I stumbled onto the Hellion killshot about 2 weeks after I started when I was less than 500 EGO and then again about a week later. Both times I was using a pulser SMG. So OP, this is definitely doable. Just keep slugging away.

    -Signature by me; Body by Fisher

    "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"


    "Crap!"

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus Batman View Post
    As Chris stated, there are several types of kills that one might be able to get. However the only one that works for the pursuit is exactly what it asks for, a Kill shot.

    These are just personal observations but here is what I have noticed for kill types:

    Nano kill means you had a nano applied when he died.
    Powerkill means you hit it within 15 -30 seconds before his death while your power was active
    Critical kill means you hit it with a crit shot within 15 -30 seconds before his death
    Melee kill means you hit it with a melee within 15 -30 seconds before his death
    Killing Blow means you got the killshot


    You need the killing blow. Chris's suggestion is a good one. I have always gotten them with overcharge or cloak and a Ba sniper. Line up your shot and when he is about dead, Oc/cloak then fire. If you want to be extra sure, then drop a damage spike, Oc/cloak, then fire. However that takes patience, skill and luck. Chris's idea only takes luck, so it may be the better idea.
    15-30 seconds is way too long, I would say 5 seconds max.
    PS3/NA
    EGO: 5856
    Be love. Give love.
    <Powerpuff Girls>

  9. #9
    on my first character i did them without trouble, but on my alt i got the "kill shot" message several times, yet the pursuit isn't properly updated. One day i even did the major completelly alone, no way to not get the kill shot, (and according to the UI text i did get it) still, nothing on the pursuit.


    PC/NA: Wet Cougar EGO >5.3k
    PC/NA: Little Cougar EGO >4k

    PTS: Kalel EGO >3k (and growing)
    PTS: Calel EGO <1k

  10. #10
    Member Soundtrack26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    173
    all you need is a fast weapon, i used a Piper and got "Kill Shot" a bunch of times...kinda feel bad cuz i don't need it and others do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts