+ Reply to Thread

Falloff damage and Bloom?

What the heck are these and what do they do?

I also need to know wth they are lol

Quote Originally Posted by MajPain View Post
    What the heck are these and what do they do?
    Bloom is the rate at which your crosshairs expand during sustained fire. The higher the bloom value, the faster they spread out. A lower Bloom value is better.

Falloff damage is a penalty to damage suffered when hitting targets beyond the weapon's optimal range.

Bloom should be some quantifiable aspect of the rate at which your shots become innaccurate (I think). In other words, how bad the recoil is.

Damage falloff has to do with how the range of the weapon impacts the damage it deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Archellion View Post
    Bloom is the rate at which your crosshairs expand during sustained fire. The higher the bloom value, the faster they spread out. A lower Bloom value is better.

Falloff damage is a penalty to damage suffered when hitting targets beyond the weapon's optimal range.

Outstanding thank you.

Bloom is how far apart the crosshair on a gun will spread(bloom) while firing. Lower number = more accurate when firing many rounds at a time.
    As for falloff damage, I'm not sure what the number represents, exactly. As you would think though, fall off damage is how much the damage 'falls off' after a certain range has been reached, until you do no damage and the shot disappears off into yonder sunset.

If someone knows what the number represents for fall off damage(ie, you will always do at least this much damage, or damage of weapon minus whatever the fall off number is, etc), and could clue me in, that would be wonderful as well.

Yes, it is. And google often leads to message board threads of people asking questions and other people being helpful. In my case, it led to a person asking a question and a ****. Grow up.

I think the bloom number is the number of meters.

I.e. +2 falloff damage is +2 meters extra before your weapon starts becoming crap

Quote Originally Posted by Kraytskull View Post
    Yes, it is. And google often leads to message board threads of people asking questions and other people being helpful. In my case, it led to a person asking a question and a ****. Grow up.
    Thank you. So tired of snide remarks, love it when these types get called out.