+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is 90 thousand Scrip alot in the DeFi universe?

In the game Varus offers Nolan and Irisa 90 thousand to find the Libera Nova Gem. Upon that offer Irisa walks away unpleased until Varus then says 90 thousand each. So a total of 180k.

Even after that Irisa just says "thats more then enough to get us to Antarctica". And that's it. 180k and the vibe feels like 'we can get our selves to Antarctica and have some left over'. Instead of '180k! We have enough to do whatever we want!'

Between walking away from a 90k offer, the lack luster reaction to a 180k deal, and a greedy Varus who is known to shortcut and jip people as much as possible, it seems like all that Scrip lore wise isn't that impressive compared to real life amounts of 90 and 180k

Does anyone recall a time on the show when Scrip was offered on items if any? To get an idea on the value of quantities of Scrip. The only time I remember Scrip being used is when Nolan bribed the Black Smith for information on Irisa's where abouts. How much was that?

At the time those missions came out it was decent, now it's not much of course.

Dixie Cougar & Solicea, HAWT (Husband And Wife Team) | Consortium (PCNA) Leader & Founder | Est. July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Cougar View Post
    At the time those missions came out it was decent, now it's not much of course.
    In the past the average OJ cost 10,000.When it went free to play though the market went way up because there were more people earning money but the market is unstable at the moment because people see others making ridiculous prices for OJ's then they start doing the same thinking they will get alot of money and then two more do it and the cycle continues. So 90,000 in the real defiance world in the show thats probably about $8,000 USD I would guess.
    GOAT!!
    Watch me and the bat duke it out in The Unofficial Defiance Role Play Forum (Rules here). All are welcome!!
    Great clan PvP idea.
    PSN Name: Chris_Robet
    NA Server
    In Game Name: Chris Robet
    Ego: 5600
    Clan: Bailey's Doubleshot
    ---------------
    EU Server
    Ego 100
    Clan:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Robet View Post
    In the past the average OJ cost 10,000.When it went free to play though the market went way up because there were more people earning money but the market is unstable at the moment because people see others making ridiculous prices for OJ's then they start doing the same thinking they will get alot of money and then two more do it and the cycle continues. So 90,000 in the real defiance world in the show thats probably about $8,000 USD I would guess.
    This happened on PS3 then as well I guess. There's no decent scrip sink in the game as I've said elsewhere so the supply of it keeps going up and up and all it gets used for is trading. Keycodes are still too expensive in scrip terms (perhaps if inflation continues for a while they won't be).

Dixie Cougar & Solicea, HAWT (Husband And Wife Team) | Consortium (PCNA) Leader & Founder | Est. July 2013

I know that at one time 180k in the Player Market was a lot when the game first came out. But Im asking is 90-180k a lot in the lore of Defiance. I ask because everything seemed like it wasn't and was just good pay day instead of a incredible one.

Irisa reaction to it and the fact that Varus would only look to offer the bare minimum as much as possible makes me believe that those cash amounts are not that big in the DeFi universe.

I wonder how much "extra scrip" he was offering via the broom closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Cougar View Post
    I wonder how much "extra scrip" he was offering via the broom closet.
    Hotshot with an all new advanced "Broom" Your objective is to sweep up all of the debris left by the raiders. *3 hours later you finish and earn the 1.05 mag shotgun mod*
    GOAT!!
    Watch me and the bat duke it out in The Unofficial Defiance Role Play Forum (Rules here). All are welcome!!
    Great clan PvP idea.
    PSN Name: Chris_Robet
    NA Server
    Ego: 5600
    Clan: Bailey's Doubleshot
    ---------------
    EU Server
    Ego 100
    Clan:

I'd assume 90k is a pretty good amount of scrip in terms of lore. I'm basing it on the rewards you'd get from missions and contracts, and how much vendors buy and sell things for.
    Xbox 360 NA - Isabelle Cellador

that’s a pretty cool question
    I am guessing that Scrip is a world wide currency. If not then what are the other types (Not counting Faction), what would the exchange rate be.
    90k Scrip may be enough to Antarctica, but depending on the value of Scrip in Antarctica, that second 90k, may only support 1 month, or a year, or possibly a life time for the two.

Still what is one scrip worth in the defiance universe?. I never really paid much attention to anyone in the show about scrip. I like this question, what is Scrip really worth in the Defiance world, and what Bank came up with the currency ? Is it world wide or just local ?

I looked into a little bit.

Found that Rafe McCawley offered Nolan 20k scrip to track down his son Luke's killer in episode 1 season 1. So there is another large amount tossed out there.

How much did Alak give Treasure Doll to not talk about their affair? That's another time Scrip was brought up.

Or how much did those eyes go for in the episode 'If You Could See Her Through My Eyes' if it was ever brought up?