+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Just going by the price of vehicles scrip seems to about the equivalent of USD more or less as far as the inworld economy goes. The economy is not a good simulation of a live one however so income and prices have no natural relationship and you get the crazy inflation rate in P2P trading.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Cougar View Post
    I wonder how much "extra scrip" he was offering via the broom closet.
    Going for a bonus involves more than the average clean-up:
    http://www.texarcana.com/
    It's not the bullet with my name on it that worries me. It's the one that says, "To whom it may concern".

Quote Originally Posted by Xaat Xuun View Post
    that’s a pretty cool question
    I am guessing that Scrip is a world wide currency. If not then what are the other types (Not counting Faction), what would the exchange rate be.
    90k Scrip may be enough to Antarctica, but depending on the value of Scrip in Antarctica, that second 90k, may only support 1 month, or a year, or possibly a life time for the two.

Still what is one scrip worth in the defiance universe?. I never really paid much attention to anyone in the show about scrip. I like this question, what is Scrip really worth in the Defiance world, and what Bank came up with the currency ? Is it world wide or just local ?
    Well they use it in North America at least. Presumably you could exchange VC currency (if they use another type) for something like gold or gulanite and they trade that for scrip.

Scrip is an E-Rep currency but most towns seem to honor it, probably because it can be used to buy things from the Earth Republic such as supplies or weapons.

I think you can buy a lolly pop infector from the vendor at muir
    Bathhouse Volge Incursion Stage 12 2/1/15 SUCK ON THAT BIITCHEEEEESS
    PSN: ElTiburon62 Clan: PASSPORT2HELL
    IGNs: Eltun 5900 - 0samaBinLaden 5900

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Cougar View Post
    This happened on PS3 then as well I guess. There's no decent scrip sink in the game as I've said elsewhere so the supply of it keeps going up and up and all it gets used for is trading. Keycodes are still too expensive in scrip terms (perhaps if inflation continues for a while they won't be).
    I was thinking about this earlier. 10 Keys is 100k Salvage and 50k Scrip. And an elite lockbox costs 64 keys + 3k Scrip.

So, an elite lockbox actually costs 640k Salvage and 323k Scipt; that is the price the game designers have put on an elite lockbox.

Now, I believe the chance of getting a legendary is 4% from an elite lockbox. Let's say 5%. So to get a random legendary, on average you need to buy 20 boxes.

So a random legendary, in terms of "buying from a vendor" costs 12.8 million Salvage, and 6.46 million Scrip.

6.46 million Scrip for a random! And 90% of those you'll vendor anyways. So let's say 58.14 million Scrip for something you'll keep. That's the game's pricing model!

1.5-2 million on the open market doesn't actually sound horrible for something you'll keep, in comparison to what Trion wants.

The game's pricing is absolutely horrible, and justifies high prices in the open market.
    PS3/NA Velaa 6000

Quote Originally Posted by PTR47 View Post
    I was thinking about this earlier. 10 Keys is 100k Salvage and 50k Scrip. And an elite lockbox costs 64 keys + 3k Scrip.

So, an elite lockbox actually costs 640k Salvage and 323k Scipt; that is the price the game designers have put on an elite lockbox.

Now, I believe the chance of getting a legendary is 4% from an elite lockbox. Let's say 5%. So to get a random legendary, on average you need to buy 20 boxes.

So a random legendary, in terms of "buying from a vendor" costs 12.8 million Salvage, and 6.46 million Scrip.

6.46 million Scrip for a random! And 90% of those you'll vendor anyways. So let's say 58.14 million Scrip for something you'll keep. That's the game's pricing model!

1.5-2 million on the open market doesn't actually sound horrible for something you'll keep, in comparison to what Trion wants.

The game's pricing is absolutely horrible, and justifies high prices in the open market.
    I never really thought if that, thanks for doing all the math to put it in perspective. I have only been buying the lockboxes for the stupid shield.
    "What a way a little fly can land on everything, dirty ways sick and small he is the insect king."~ Insect, Switchblade Symphony

Those who merch around and own the jp collection twice over would call 90k a chump change, whereas for toons new to game starting out it seems enormous as you can buy any gun u want from the vendor. Later on you learn that buying guns from vendors doesnt make sense. It's all relative i guess, but based on the way in-game missions are, 90k would be a ridiculous amount for completing a quest! Would totally play over story missions and quests if it offered me that amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Robet View Post
    *3 hours later you finish and earn the 1.05 mag shotgun mod*
    you just summed up every co-op map and expedition! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by doctordabs View Post
    you just summed up every co-op map and expedition! LOL

If co-ops take 3 hours, then you are doing them wrong. Also expeditions did not exist back when that quote was posted.
    Support me in Extralife

Xbox Gt and Defiance Character (Na): Atticus Batman
    DEFIANCE CLAN: DAWN PATROL(forum page)

(Azrael Batman) Clan: Nuclear Elite (EU)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    That's because Batman is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOz View Post
    As usual Batman is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaQkarri View Post
    Because Batman is ALWAYS RIGHT!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper2662 View Post
    Batman is boss. He will never lose because he is the best. That's that. Oh yeeeah