Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirServed View Post
    Unless they can Vote Kick the person, the group cannot normally advance to the last boss (but that's an issue for another thread). Expeditions don't work that way since you simply need to kill everything to advance. As such, for this mode of gameplay no one should need to be Vote Kicked or have Party Leader status. I believe that removing the option to Vote Kick would be easy but not sure if the system currently supports having a Party with no actual Leader.
    Leave it in to deal with griefers, etc. I wouldn't want to have to put up with BMG spammers.

Also, how is the system handling disconnects? Can you get back in your match or are you screwed?

Dixie Cougar & Solicea, HAWT (Husband And Wife Team) | Consortium (PCNA) Leader & Founder | Est. July 2013

Bug - you can launch a duel in non-combat area (Alcatraz)

224600_2015-02-07_00008.jpg

Yul Arach - Human (PC-EU) | Tia Arach - Human (PC-EU) | Kelt Uzum - Irathient (PC-NA)
    Some useful links: Infos & aide sur le jeu Defiance en Français | DefianceData | Defiance Wiki

Got the boss instance bugged.

We were cleaning the trash mobs from outside the boss's chamber when he teleported to the inaccessible room

^^ See the red dot on the minimap.

We decoyed through the door to the boss and killed him, but the expedition didn't finish even when we decoyed back to the initial boss chamber.

So all we had to do is to quit the expedition. It would be a waste of a Hunter Requisite.

I've tried it again, this time I entered the room and the Gulanee didn't port anywhere. But still, after we killed all enemies, the expedition didn't complete. I also found an area in the boss chamber where my minimap shows a completely different map and my position was somewhere in the void. If some of the enemies happen to spawn there and were ported to the different map, that's might be why we could not finish the boss fight.

Different boss, same room, same problem.
    Team Evolution Clan
    My characters on Defiance Role Play Forum:
    Taffer | Vo Kshaa | Luuzuk Kshaa

I have a issue with soloing Stolen Purpose, towards the end, there are 4 turrets, they revive too fast.
    I could never get past them., Something I could try next time, would be just use a Det, and drop a couple nades at each to get them all down at the same time.
    that room seems to take strategy, more so then just brute force (soloing)
    but used up all my Req to revive trying different ways of brute force. A situation like that on live would produce some explosive outburst from many players. the being placed to buy bits, to finish a mission is not going to go over well, Already read it's unacceptable in some topics else where.

Back to the turrets . .
    one thing that came to mind, if we carried explosives, I'm a fan of traps and such, and the thought if I could had placed a directional explosive towards the generator, would had been fun, not to mention any choke points that the NPC's would have to run through.

I wish I could just pop back to that location, rather then grind my way back to it, to repeat many different weapons and tactics to see if it's just a tough spot or a real issue. getting past the turret in a group is not a issue, just in soloing, again I want to say, I still had not tried all avenues to get through them (like the Manual Detonator way)

Also in the Stolen Purpose, there are 0 Ammo Crates in the Boss room. I pretty much had to fight outside of the room near the Ammo Crate since enemies weren't very cooperative with Ammo drops.

Also in the Stolen Purpose, there are 0 Ammo Crates in the Boss room. I pretty much had to fight outside of the room near the Ammo Crate since enemies weren't very cooperative with Ammo drops.
    That is probably to get people to buy ammo capacity boosts. Defiance is not pay to win yet but it looks like they are trying to make it so.

seems any missions where you need to revive a NPC, is broke . . can not revive the NPC

2 different mission (also 2 different characters) same as someone mentioned else where, just can't find that post

Quote Originally Posted by BC001 View Post
    That is probably to get people to buy ammo capacity boosts. Defiance is not pay to win yet but it looks like they are trying to make it so.
    Believe what you want to as I will chalk it up to an oversight like I have always done.

Unless they can Vote Kick the person, the group cannot normally advance to the last boss (but that's an issue for another thread). Expeditions don't work that way since you simply need to kill everything to advance. As such, for this mode of gameplay no one should need to be Vote Kicked or have Party Leader status. I believe that removing the option to Vote Kick would be easy but not sure if the system currently supports having a Party with no actual Leader.
    I agree that the arbitrary kicking ability should be removed, particularly from expeditions.

The only real reason to kick somebody would be if they're afk - but with the new score-for-reward system, it's in everybody's interests to participate, or they gain nothing anyway.

As it is, it serves no purpose, other than to encourage trolling...

Just revert it to the way it was.

I have to strongly disagree here.

Been doing quite a few runs in group, 2, 3 and full group, and all you need for the expedition to fail is a rusher, someone opening a door ahead of time or aggroing the wrong mob and the group is dead meat. At least this is how it is at low and middle ego ranges, i hope the character copy is availabe again soon enough so i (and quite a few other folks) can emit our own judgment on how it really is at high ego level.

Anyways, i basically gave up on expeditions for a while, i either get kicked off on the second room (except ONE sucessful run) or i get frustrated by the crap drops in there.... I know they are placeholders but comeon, put better rarity of placehholder for crying out loud! In average the rarity and quantity of drops (no matter what they aare, speakin of number of whites/green/blue etc) is much much worse than normal openn areas in the game. If this is left as it is (quiaity wise) it wil only plant the seeds to have the game economy fully captive ad ran only by high 5k (and 6k) ego players (basically same sh*t as in most MMOs)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Cougar View Post
    Leave it in to deal with griefers, etc. I wouldn't want to have to put up with BMG spammers.

Also, how is the system handling disconnects? Can you get back in your match or are you screwed?
    No, you can't. When you disconnect you lose your advance. Yeah, i know, it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaat Xuun View Post
    I have a issue with soloing Stolen Purpose, towards the end, there are 4 turrets, they revive too fast.
    I could never get past them., Something I could try next time, would be just use a Det, and drop a couple nades at each to get them all down at the same time.
    but used up all my Req to revive trying different ways of brute force. A situation like that on live would produce some explosive outburst from many players. the being placed to buy bits, to finish a mission is not going to go over well, Already read it's unacceptable in some topics else where.

Back to the turrets . .
    one thing that came to mind, if we carried explosives, I'm a fan of traps and such, and the thought if I could had placed a directional explosive towards the generator, would had been fun, not to mention any choke points that the NPC's would have to run through.

I wish I could just pop back to that location, rather then grind my way back to it, to repeat many different weapons and tactics to see if it's just a tough spot or a real issue. getting past the turret in a group is not a issue, just in soloing, again I want to say, I still had not tried all avenues to get through them (like the Manual Detonator way)
    Use cloak, i do it al the time and never have any troube with turrets also helps to avoid the enemies poping up as soon as you deactivate the generators/free hostage or do any other kind of action when it looks like nno one is around (this getting old pretty fast, add a bit of random to it, knowing tht everytime we deactivata a gen or free a pow will spawn enemies takes out the funn of it)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaat Xuun View Post
    The whole expeditions thing seems to orbit around strategy more than brute force, which brings me back to my first comment, if you get a zero strategy rusher you lose.

Than fully the maps are full of coverage, most of the time working really fine (except when you are in the stairs room in stolen purpse nd the minigunner shoots through the walls.... ehem)

Screen one: the room

Screen two, the minigunner is behind that door to the right (so behind the tanks) and he can shoot you thrugh walls and tanks alltogether) the only place i found for coverage was upstairs.

What i' starting to like a lot is the paid extra revives, they could be added as a standard feature in the game. They don't mess with your normal selfrevive, but if you are soloing a mission/conflict/arena/etc instead of running out selfrevives and having to extract just pay a req and selfrevive

PC/NA: Wet Cougar EGO >5.3k
    PC/NA: Little Cougar EGO >4k

PTS: Kalel EGO >3k (and growing)
    PTS: Calel EGO <1k