+ Reply to Thread

Why can we not choose servers?

The option exists as there is a menu for server selection but its currently not usable as far as I can tell. I'd post a picture but I cant figure out how to get to that menu anymore.

its a MEGA server.. to join friends you need to click go to friend from the social window or join group.

There wont be any server selection screen for this game except for switching region

Former Defiance Community Manager Sledgehammer70's Avatar
    I assume your talking about PC? We have Region servers in Defiance that are build up of hundreds if not thousands of shards. This allows all players from specific regions to play with each other. We define regions by North America and Europe.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer

Quote Originally Posted by HansKisaragi View Post
    Cause its a MEGA server.. to join friends you need to click go to friend from the social window or join group.
    There definitely is more than one server...I think they said shards were limited to 99 people though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
    I assume your talking about PC? We have Region servers in Defiance that are build up of hundreds if not thousands of shards. This allows all players from specific regions to play with each other. We define regions by North America and Europe.
    Yeah, after one of the 15 or so crashes (uhg, but I know you guys will fix it) I've had today I mashed some keys and a server selection menu came up but it wasn't the whole NA/EU thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ddak View Post
    There definitely is more than one server...I think they said shards were limited to 99 people though.
    Yes a mega server has many servers under it.. But you will not be able to pick what shard you are on.

I dunno about the 99 player limit. iv seen more then that..

you can join group\friends though with a simple click.

this is prob to prevent shard jumping any many other things

pretty sure it auto balances the shards