+ Reply to Thread

The Elemental Weapon Stats

There have been various forum threads about elementals stats, but none worth even a mention.

So, the Defiance weapons wiki page states the following elemental bonuses:

Corrosive - ?
    Incendiary - Sets alight to the enemy.
    Siphon - Attaches to enemies and siphons away health.
    Radiation - Breaks shields and makes enemies more susceptible to damage.
    Electrical - Can stun your enemies or disable the HUD of other Ark Hunters.
    Biological - Slows the movements of enemies by sticking a material to their feet

Ignoring the "default" info on each element, we need some clarifications for each of these, from devs if possible, to remove any doubt.

Here's a short Q&A scheme to order things:

Incendiary
    a) How is it visually displayed? What color?
    b) What effect/debuff does it apply to target? What buff does it apply to shooter, if any?
    c) Any proc chance percentage and min-max damage bonus?
    d) Any other detail worth mentioning?
    e) Mention how this elemental bonuses affect pvp...

If devs take some time to answer to these, I think this would be a great resource to sticky. You can answer here or update that wiki page with some definitive details.

P.S. Please keep this thread clean and objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Haxx View Post
    There have been various forum threads about elementals stats, but none worth even a mention.

So, the Defiance weapons wiki page states the following elemental bonuses:

Corrosive - ?
    Incendiary - Sets alight to the enemy.
    Siphon - Attaches to enemies and siphons away health.
    Radiation - Breaks shields and makes enemies more susceptible to damage.
    Electrical - Can stun your enemies or disable the HUD of other Ark Hunters.
    Biological - Slows the movements of enemies by sticking a material to their feet

Ignoring the "default" info on each element, we need some clarifications for each of these, from devs if possible, to remove any doubt.

Here's a short Q&A scheme to order things:

Incendiary
    a) How is it visually displayed? What color?
    b) What effect/debuff does it apply to target? What buff does it apply to shooter, if any?
    c) Any proc chance percentage and min-max damage bonus?
    d) Any other detail worth mentioning?
    e) Mention how this elemental bonuses affect pvp...

If devs take some time to answer to these, I think this would be a great resource to sticky. You can answer here or update that wiki page with some definitive details.

P.S. Please keep this thread clean and objective.
    Can not agree with this more its actually insulting as a gamer this game has clearly been pushed out because of the syfy program release end of there are many is problems that other games would have done before release. Faire enough bugs lag nerfing items what ever that happens but the main objective to get a gun that works for you and they are missing telling us what the element powers do i guns i mean seriously what the **** this game is brilliant in some parts but in others its like a 12 year old made the decesion. What annoys me these men or women have their dream jobs and **** up the most simple decesions.
    DS TRIGGAH

Well - I can see how these various things would be usefull enough in PvP:

Incendiary - Sets alight to the enemy. (Excellent for snipers, in case they dont get that 1-shot)

Siphon - Attaches to enemies and siphons away health. (Good for BMGs I suppose)

Radiation - Breaks shields and makes enemies more susceptible to damage. (Excellent for AR's/LMG's)

Electrical - Can stun your enemies or disable the HUD of other Ark Hunters. (Not that usefull unless the stun is 2+ sec)

Biological - Slows the movements of enemies by sticking a material to their feet - (Now THIS one sounds good - specially with all those bunny-jumpers around)
    Bunnyjumpers killed with headshot since day 1: 305

Loadout:

Main: Frontline Repeater with 1.15% native crit multi - crit multi barrel - nano effect mag - recoil/bloom stock.

Backup: FRC Assault Carbine with 1.15% native crit multi - aim/hip dmg barrel - nano effect mag - recoil/bloom stock.

Ye, but does Radiation equal Corrosion?

I mean, when my gun shoots green bullets and they apply to the target, their shield doesn't break, but slowly lowers its values.

By break I understand an enemy losing his shield in one shot, leaving him vulnerable to full damage.

So, was Corrosion engulfed in the Radiation bonus, or what?

Any news from the devs concerning this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Haxx View Post
    Ye, but does Radiation equal Corrosion?

I mean, when my gun shoots green bullets and they apply to the target, their shield doesn't break, but slowly lowers its values.

By break I understand an enemy losing his shield in one shot, leaving him vulnerable to full damage.

So, was Corrosion engulfed in the Radiation bonus, or what?
    yes radiation=corrosion. There are even some guns that have the old corrosion icon, which looks like a green splat. As for your first post.

Corrosive - no longer in game
    Incendiary - Sets alight to the enemy. Very obvious effect, constant stream of numbers off them and visable flames.
    Siphon - Attaches to enemies and siphons away health. Looks like a purple thing and thats about it. Leaches health/shield back to you.
    Radiation - Breaks shields and makes enemies more susceptible to damage. Not sure on shield breaking, but it definitely makes enemies take more damage pve or pvp. Less useful in pvp imo since fast ttk.
    Electrical - Can stun your enemies or disable the HUD of other Ark Hunters. Very useful in pvp, disables scoping/ads. aka only hipfire without a hud. For pve, it stuns them and makes the enemy have a little seizure thing for a few seconds.
    Biological - Slows the movements of enemies by sticking a material to their feet. Lowers damage by 50% and looks like black goo on enemy feet. Also slows them a fair ammount.