+ Reply to Thread

alcatraz at low ego level do-able?

i'm around 2.5k-ish ego right now, and one thing i noticed is now you need to go to expedition to complete the defiant few contract (daily). thanks

edit: awesome response from you guys, i will try expedition tonight ! (it's kinda strange tho for daily mission, since we only get 3 a week for free players)

Completing a few rounds is definitely doable at that level with a full group, but getting any further than that is a challenge.

done expeditions solo up to round 4 at ego 2000-2500 in the PTS, the difficulty scale according to your level, but as the devs said (in the pts forum) goig solo past round four will be really really hard. But up to round three (where you start getting decent drops) is perfectly doable (don't expect orange drops though, maybe a couple of purples, and i remark the "maybe")

PC/NA: Wet Cougar EGO >5.3k
    PC/NA: Little Cougar EGO >4k

PTS: Kalel EGO >3k (and growing)
    PTS: Calel EGO <1k

I'm thinking solo here:

it is doable , it's after (I consider) worth more to do from 3k+. mostly for acquiring chips to breakdown into Shards, to buy better chips
    If you're just talking about threat level and difficulty, you can do straight out the gate (or over the wall), at level 50, but it's easier at the beginning levels at ego level 200.
    as a 2k . . you should be able to reach round 3, if you play cautiously . . . may take longer to complete that way. I have done it with 1500 to round 4 plus (Soloing), I just can't get past that round 5 main boss (sometimes it's - can't get past first Rd5 mini boss)

it's the rewards received at the lower levels, almost makes it not worth doing, but it is being able to breakdown and prepping for better chips does make it worth going in at lower levels.
    It's actually easier for someone below 4500 to do expeditions, it the new difficulty thing making it that way.

And not to forget, the kills needed for the pursuits will speed up to completing with early start in Expeditions.
    getting cores may be tougher for a lower level, quite difficult if you're just soloing at lower level

I would encourage low level runs, but not to the point of frustration and spending every HR, but to get a taste and learning a tactic or strategy, or even discover you need to improve your load out.

thanks for the replies! 1 more question, if i invite my friend which is at 1k ego, how does that change the expedition? and is that ok with both of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Stallonie View Post
    thanks for the replies! 1 more question, if i invite my friend which is at 1k ego, how does that change the expedition? and is that ok with both of us?
    if you're lead your 1k friend will be rated up . . something like how it works in Incursions and Ark falls, if you're not too far apart in levels may be no rating up or down.
    If your 1k friend is lead, you will be rated down

I'm pretty sure the tier level is based on the group leaders ego level.
    So if you want things to be a little easier for you, have your friend as group leader and they enter the Expedition first, The NPC's in there may be easier for you, but may not be for your friend

so yeah it's okay if you're both okay with the rated up or rated down part

Quote Originally Posted by Xaat Xuun View Post
    if you're lead your 1k friend will be rated up . . something like how it works in Incursions and Ark falls, if you're not too far apart in levels may be no rating up or down.
    If your 1k friend is lead, you will be rated down

I'm pretty sure the tier level is based on the group leaders ego level.
    So if you want things to be a little easier for you, have your friend as group leader and they enter the Expedition first, The NPC's in there may be easier for you, but may not be for your friend

so yeah it's okay if you're both okay with the rated up or rated down part
    Little correction here (unless it was changed and i didn't notice) in expeditions that who start the expedition sets the tier level, if you are above the level range (it changes in steps of 500 ego levels) anyone above that range will be downlevel to the upper limit for that tier, but those below the level will NOT be boosted up (like in normal events) they will remain at their current level, their weapons and armor will act just like that.

In other words, if your friend is ego 1000, and he starts the expedition you will be downgraded to ego 1000. If he was, say, ego 1100, the tier will be according to his ego, you will be downgraded to ego 1500 (or was it 1499?) But if you are (say) ego 2450 and YOU start the expedition, the tier will be acording to your level and it will be quite painful for your friend to keep up with you while being over 1000 ego below you.

PC/NA: Wet Cougar EGO >5.3k
    PC/NA: Little Cougar EGO >4k

PTS: Kalel EGO >3k (and growing)
    PTS: Calel EGO <1k