+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why Plate Slicer needs to be "fixed" again!

So, I have a Autumns Scourge Mk2 and a plate slicer bmg that I used to test this. I decided to create a cyber rig with 6 Armor Eradicators which comes out to 12% more armor plate dmg + the plate slicer synergy which is 10% for a total of 22% more armor damage. I can shoot up to 10 shots with the scourge before the plate slicer synergy kicks in and I destroy a SINGLE plate with an average of 6 shots for the synergy to work. This goes for all enemy types. Next I tried my bmg, I could kill apex enemies before and the synergy wouldn't come up. This goes for all enemies also. Normal bio works better than a synergy called PLATE SLICER. I could use a bio plate slicer gun, but why should players have to limit what nano they use because trion broke the synergy. Do I really need to spell out the problem here.
    IGN: Demolish Dreams
    GT: Demolish Dreams
    Clan: Freemasons

OK .... I see your problem. You were attempting to apply logic to something Trion did on Defiance .Stop.
    You were expecting a synergy called plate slicer to actually slice plates.
    Don't ask them to fix anything either, as they generally don't ever do that, and on rare times times they do , break several other things. This would require a patch, as well as a patch to fix that patch.
    The synergy just needs to be re-named. Change it to: "Kinda Like Bio...Almost"

Un Named Ps4 NA Critical error
    Johnny Gatt Ps3 NA Ego 6000 Clan Defiance Terminators
    Howie Felt 360 NA Ego 6000 Clan Legendary Guns
    Howie Felter Ps3 NA Ego 6000 Clan Defiance Most Hated
    No Slack 360 NA Ego 6000 Clan Legendary Guns-Inventory vendored. Toon retired.
    Molly Bushwhacker Ps3 Ego 6000 Clan Members Only- Inventory vendored. Toon retired

Plate Slicer currently works as intended. You need to first understand that the Scourge leaves a Bio pool and is not a Bio nano weapon. As such, the Scourge's natural damage to Armor Plate Durability coefficient is 10%. With Plate Slicer and your Armor Eradicator, this adds up to at most 32% on a Detonator that naturally deals less damage than other Detonators. If you were to apply 1 Scourge grenade to a target and allow the pool of Bio to spread, then apply more grenades, they would gain the Bio pool's innate 100% Armor Plate durability bonus, which makes breaking Armor Plates much easier. This will allow you to not only activate the Tier 2 Plate Slicer bonus but stack it properly during subsequent breaks. When trying to break plates, you'll want to fire more than 1 grenade at the target and time your detonation in a manner that the subsequent grenades will benefit from the Bio pool spread of the first.

In case you didn't notice, the original deployment of the Plate Slicer synergy weapons was broken. It took time to get fixed and now people are crying that their formerly broken weapons are no longer the best thing to happen to their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Gatt View Post
    OK .... I see your problem. You were attempting to apply logic to something Trion did on Defiance .Stop.
    You were expecting a synergy called plate slicer to actually slice plates.
    Don't ask them to fix anything either, as they generally don't ever do that, and on rare times times they do , break several other things. This would require a patch, as well as a patch to fix that patch.
    The synergy just needs to be re-named. Change it to: "Kinda Like Bio...Almost"
    see this is where your wrong, they "fixed" plate slicer ability....in all reality all they did was make it to where the plate slicer ability didnt hardly do anything. before the armistice event we were able to slice plates like the name calls for in a matter of a minute if it was syn modded. now its like were lucky to slice off 1 plate with a fully t4d plate slicer wep. what is the point in a plate slicer wep if the ability only works on like 1 or 2 plates when they have 7 plates?

Quote Originally Posted by mystickaldj View Post
    see this is where your wrong, they "fixed" plate slicer ability....in all reality all they did was make it to where the plate slicer ability didnt hardly do anything. before the armistice event we were able to slice plates like the name calls for in a matter of a minute if it was syn modded. now its like were lucky to slice off 1 plate with a fully t4d plate slicer wep. what is the point in a plate slicer wep if the ability only works on like 1 or 2 plates when they have 7 plates?
    No. With the old Plate Slicer, your regular weapon (regardless of nano) could remove 10 plates from a target within seconds. The broken Plate Slicer synergy was much more effective than the Bio nano at removing Armor Plates, hence the need for a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by SirServed View Post
    No. With the old Plate Slicer, your regular weapon (regardless of nano) could remove 10 plates from a target within seconds. The broken Plate Slicer synergy was much more effective than the Bio nano at removing Armor Plates, hence the need for a fix.
    yea i used my plate slicer frc nomad throughout the CC event and was stripping plates off now i would rather use a bio nano wep with the perk on to hit plates.

Fully t4d fates kiss will clean all those dirty dishes.
    Xbox NA

Quote Originally Posted by SirServed View Post
    The fact of the matter is, I'm doing an outrageous amount of damage to armor, or atleast I should be and yet it doesn't break. It took up to 10 shots sometimes to have the plate slicer synergy kick in. That's two full clips which it should always take the same amount. The synergy seems to only work based on RnG. Whatever they "fixed" isn't fixed at all. Plate slicer did need a downgrade, but where it stands now is just absurd. I was never really a fan of plate slicer before the patch but using it now, I might as well be hitting enemies with a peashooter.
    IGN: Demolish Dreams
    GT: Demolish Dreams
    Clan: Freemasons

I have some really nice plate slicer weapons. I now see that I kill the target with all plates intact even at high threat levels. the fix was supposed to just adjust for proper cool down on perk 3 if I remember. I always ran with just 1 or 2 ps mods on my guns so plate slicing should be no different than if fully model right??

Un Named Ps4 NA Critical error
    Johnny Gatt Ps3 NA Ego 6000 Clan Defiance Terminators
    Howie Felt 360 NA Ego 6000 Clan Legendary Guns
    Howie Felter Ps3 NA Ego 6000 Clan Defiance Most Hated
    No Slack 360 NA Ego 6000 Clan Legendary Guns-Inventory vendored. Toon retired.
    Molly Bushwhacker Ps3 Ego 6000 Clan Members Only- Inventory vendored. Toon retired

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Gatt View Post
    I have some really nice plate slicer weapons. I now see that I kill the target with all plates intact even at high threat levels. the fix was supposed to just adjust for proper cool down on perk 3 if I remember. I always ran with just 1 or 2 ps mods on my guns so plate slicing should be no different than if fully model right??
    The fix was that as well as every nano was behaving as if it were Bio (i.e. was doing 135% damage to plates instead of 20%).

The Scrouge is technically a nanoless gun and is the detonator version of the Sludge RL. So it should not be as effective as removing armor plates as other weapons.

Plate Slicer was really only designed to work with the Bio Nano. And it seems to work well well and as intended with my Bio (or Bio converted) plate slicer guns (at least for my Ranger, Repeater, Courier and Blast Rifle).