+ Reply to Thread

Does Joshua Nolan Have An EGO Implant?

I was thinking about this as I was watching a few videos on the Defiance YouTube channel - we know Nolan is an Ark Hunter before he settles in Defiance, and from the Comic Con panel we know he features in the game first, before making his way to his old home. Does this mean he'll have an EGO implant and might use some of those abilities in the show? Even if he had the implant, it's also possible VBI can disable it remotely if you leave the assigned area, so that'd make sense.

One thing in particular that made me think it might be the case is the the bare-knuckle brawl against the rather large gentleman. In a well scripted show (which I assume Defiance is) that scene will have a reason to be in there. It's likely it's just to show you what kind of man Nolan is, and maybe how he can out-think people well or possibly get beat up quickly

But it's also possible it's there to establish he has EGO abilities. He might use a quick bit of Blur to get the upper hand. I'm just guessing though, it's the kind of thing I expect we'll know soon enough Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on my theory (as far fetched as it is) or maybe even saw something in other officially released materials?

EGO is Von Bach Industries tech and we know that it's given to ark hunters that are employed by Karl Von Bach himself.

He might just be simple ark hunter without any connections to Von Bach, so probably without an EGO.

Quote Originally Posted by FOLTHEON View Post
    He might just be simple ark hunter without any connections to Von Bach, so probably without an EGO.
    That could be the case. In fact that's the most likely answer. I still think it'd be cool if he did have abilities, but I'm sure we'll see someone with EGO at some point

cant say iv thought about. if he has hes not shown it.

he strikes me as a more down to earth old fasioned kind of guy, so i dont think he would even if he was offered. plus i think for filming purposes i suppose it will make him more relatable if he doesnt.
    Confirmed Codes: 1-90 <- here
    90-133:
    ZFR5TA - D91aqk - W72URO - 41US8B - ydbf4l - CNABZX - 6JOMJO - SZUZSY - XT4PMX - PKYLKN - 8KBMUT - JBS7QX - 7BRHNJ - TU3RJF - F3LZLK - MEBTWK - TA6NCJ - PTZ4QR - N4S9EK - 5X4WJ4 - UT7DE0 - 6VWFCI - 81HABS - HUBAZV - GEPKRJ - Q4DUBL - NC9VYK - TTDGX4 - 9C9N87 - ZZKJ2G - T76SN6 - XWRN9M - 88UPWS - NFQ7PG - 35P72U - 8UNKAD - YRE5SN - HP9X6X - C2VNDF - XQBG4H - 4HT2G9 - LYCEHY - 7P8NDC - U6Q9O7= 133 TOTAL found