+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Member Yun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    Hey there folks, we are looking into the possibility of adding Omec-inspired armor in game. Link to the Q&A here.
    Actually wanted to thank you Kiwi for using my 2 Omec questions within that Q&A.

    Ark Predator - Midsummer Knight - XBL Gamertag: TsukunexMoka

  2. #12
    Member Atticus Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Moses Lake, Wa USA
    Posts
    9,015
    Quote Originally Posted by snoglobe81 View Post
    Since the Indogene are a manufactured race and can have EGO implants in theory Bio-men should as well. Though it might have something to do with neural capability.
    I do see your point, however I think it is not the same thing. After all Indogene are organic. Bioman are bio-mechanical. So you are talking test-tube babies and I am talking androids, unless I missed something. However I don't think I am, considering I haven't heard of any organics, including Indogenes, having an off switch. Yet Bio-men do have an off switch.
    Support me in Extralife

    Xbox Gt and Defiance Character (Na): Atticus Batman
    DEFIANCE CLAN: DAWN PATROL(forum page)

    (Azrael Batman) Clan: Nuclear Elite (EU)


    Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    That's because Batman is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOz View Post
    As usual Batman is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaQkarri View Post
    Because Batman is ALWAYS RIGHT!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper2662 View Post
    Batman is boss. He will never lose because he is the best. That's that. Oh yeeeah

  3. #13
    Bio-men are specifically designed to be super-soldiers, and are physically superior to humans and most Votan races (with the possible exception of the Volge). This is incompatible with the game design decision to make race a completely cosmetic aspect of character design. If this design decision were to be scrapped in favor of introducing playable Bio-Men, then Bio-Men would need their natural advantages compensated for with the lack of an EGO implant to maintain game balance.

    Indogenes, by contrast, have very similar physical and mental abilities to humans and most other Votan races, and are known to be EGO-compatible, so playable Indogenes are much more reasonable.

    Playable Omec just don't make sense. At least the Volge are willing to do mercenary work; Omec only play nice with the other races when they have no other choice (and vice versa). Omec uniforms, on the other hand, I can easily imagine finding their way onto the black market.

  4. #14
    Member snoglobe81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus Batman View Post
    I do see your point, however I think it is not the same thing. After all Indogene are organic. Bioman are bio-mechanical. So you are talking test-tube babies and I am talking androids, unless I missed something. However I don't think I am, considering I haven't heard of any organics, including Indogenes, having an off switch. Yet Bio-men do have an off switch.
    I can agree with that.
    PS3 NA - SuperGrrl81
    Clan - Severed Remnants

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Twitter
    Posts
    564
    Oh Irzu, YES, PLEASE.

  6. #16
    Omec should be as they are.. The best humanoid predator species... They only make peice to achieve a goal. (Basically your rep in relation to THEM.If your rep isn't high enough, they eat or enslave you.
    Thats not a player character.. But it is a Predator NPC..
    Ashamed they sent them away in the series...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts