+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Omec and the Volge

So the Volge conquered the Omec but the Omec were still able to build ships and leave the planet?

Did I miss something? I really hope they fill in the gaps.

The Volge didn't hunt the Omec to extinction, just ended their rule over the other Votans. The Omec were thought to be all killed when their Ark ships failed.

I really don't know...

The Volge are/were supposed to be like the 3rd faction in the Pale Wars, no? Like it was the EMC, Votan, and Volge. And the Volge were thought to be left behind because the Votans were at war with them or something but they somehow got to Earth to.

But now the Volge are with the VC. There are many gaps to be filled and I wouldint be shock if those gaps about the Volge were that they were created by the Votans (like Bio Men) to fight the Omec.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    I really don't know...

The Volge are/were supposed to be like the 3rd faction in the Pale Wars, no? Like it was the EMC, Votan, and Volge. And the Volge were thought to be left behind because the Votans were at war with them or something but they somehow got to Earth to.

But now the Volge are with the VC. There are many gaps to be filled and I wouldint be shock if those gaps about the Volge were that they were created by the Votans (like Bio Men) to fight the Omec.
    I suppose the Volge could have taken over most of the planet but not conquered the Omec.

I think the Volge were the 9th or 10th faction in the war. Everyone seemed to split up when it happened. I don't think the Volge are with the VC, seeing as Nicky and Birch hired a Volge army I'm guessing that Tak is paying his Volge. The promise of arktech is tantalizing for them.

It's possible that the Omec forged an alliance with the Volge and smuggled them into the Votan arks so they could conquer the Votans together.

The Volge never went to the Omec's planet. They just destroyed all the Omec that were in the Votan's home system and protected them from future incursions. The Volge are mercenaries. They'll fight for anyone who can pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rycbar View Post
    The Volge never went to the Omec's planet. They just destroyed all the Omec that were in the Votan's home system and protected them from future incursions. The Volge are mercenaries. They'll fight for anyone who can pay.
    So the fact that we've been told that the Volge conquered Omec was what? Several consistent mistakes?

You wouldn't consider being completely gelded and cut off from your food source conquered? They could mill around on their planet, but weren't able to launch any attacks on the rest of the Votans.

I don't know about the supposed conquering of the Omec by the Volge. I just haven't been able to explore what little history there is there. I first assumed (quite incorrectly) that the Omec created the Volge to soften up the worlds they would be culling before their arrival, since Omec only appeared in the Sulos core system every 75 or so years. We also have to remember that the Votan core worlds attempted to leave both the Volge and Omec and they still arrived on Earth. very interesting stuff. I hope it gets explored more.
    Xbox 360 NA
    GT: BobbyMaverick
    IGN: Bobby King

~"What can we get into today?"

I thought the Omec created both Volge and Indogene... Omec are gangster enough. Even wonder if they did breeding projects to make an albino slave race called Castithan.

I think too highly of Omec, eh?

Some aspects we have known about the lore have changed. Wouldn't be surprised to find out what we know and is written about the Volge end up being totally different.