+ Reply to Thread

Hard Freeze 2nd toon only

Navigating through the loadout menu in any way causes a hard freeze. This happens ONLY on my second character. Never happened on my main toon. Any suggestions for a fix would be great.
    ”We don’t become who we dream of if we don’t face our demons. If we shun what conceals us we go blind to that which frees us.” PS4/PC/PTS Markeen D13-2050 BLOODLINES clan founder.

try to delete Defiance Digital Patch Datas

The only procedure I wud suggest is to delete Defiance Digital Patch Datas from PS3 System and Download all Patchdatas (dnt delete the game datas) again, this may help to check if any corrupted files on your PS3 are causing that "effect"

If not try to contact support and hope that u get an motivated supporter taking care bout that.

Hope support will find time to help u, they r very very busy sometimes

Thank you or the reply. I'm not playing using the digital version. I am using the disc version. Do you think this makes a difference?
    ”We don’t become who we dream of if we don’t face our demons. If we shun what conceals us we go blind to that which frees us.” PS4/PC/PTS Markeen D13-2050 BLOODLINES clan founder.

I have same problem with digital version. Has been happening to a number of people since Alcatraz. Doesn't affect all toons (one of my three on NA, one of my three on EU) so very unlikely it is anything at your end or all your toons would have it. Defiance developers are apparently "aware" of the problem, but clearly have not solved yet.

Mark08859 mentioned in another thread that there is a workaround of sorts. If you only R1, but never as far as the cyber rig screen, it seems you can avoid fatal crashes. To go back from say the inventory screen don't use L1, just quit out of the screens and open again at the loadout screen. Worked for me. It means you can't put chips into your cyber rig but otherwise the toon is playable. And don't think you can play with the chips in your cyber rig by calling it up from the inventory screen just to the left of the cyber rig screen – that will cause a hard freeze too. Defiance is now suggesting completely reinstalling your patch data files (as adrokier suggests above). I am doing that now and will report if it has any effect.

Reinstalling had no effect. R1ed to the cyber rig screen and it froze as usual.

I know this is an ancient thread but I’ve recently started a second character, now I must’ve hard froze 4x in the last hour. Same thing, freeze in the menus. Wtf is going on here