+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Derpenhowser View Post
    He definitely said mk I jackpots will be upgradeable, or he was working on it with some new toy.
    O yeah my mistake he did have different "rules" for the jackpots.

I was focused on the random roll guns lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chump Norris View Post
    O yeah my mistake he did have different "rules" for the jackpots.

I was focused on the random roll guns lol
    No probs dude, I figured as much ^^ I'm hoping it can be upped to 1.40, even if all the other rolls to get upped to mk II plus I get 2 extra rolls.... lol.

I definitely wouldn't complain about that on my dove and ring.

{EDITED MY remark, since I read wrong at first. so now it should make sense.}

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Derpenhowser View Post
    He definitely said mk I jackpots will be upgradeable, or he was working on it with some new toy.

Yes he did. From what I understand all the double rolled MKIs will lose the doubles and become an MKII.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashere View Post
    I'm looking into it. There's two different types of weapons: randomly generated ones and fixed stat guns. The randomly generated ones under the old roll system simply don't support going to supreme. We can't just add another, higher tier of bonuses that could stack with an existing 3x bonus gun without it breaking balance. I'd have to do something wonky, like making a whole new set of supreme bonuses that don't exist in any other tier similar to epic rolls (or just dupe epic rolls as someone else suggested, though I don't think folks would enjoy the possibility of having literally the same bonus in both the epic and supreme slot). That's well beyond the current scope, though.

For fixed stat guns (like jackpots), though, I'm looking into some possibilities. We got some tech recently which may allow us to swap an old roll fixed stat legendary for a new roll supreme when you do the upgrade. It wasn't built for that and isn't currently working to do that, but may be able to with some tweaks. I could see folks getting upset, though, when their old legendary with, say, 2-3x crit, upgrades to a supreme with only a single crit roll even if the weapon itself is unarguably more powerful overall. That's a tricky one to resolve.

Rashere
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Bahamut3 View Post
    Won't get any complaints from me. Although that system would probably turn both my mk I and mk II golden rings into mk 3's, but I'd be fine with it.
    If it worked, the goal would be for both a legendary Mk I and a legendary Mk II to become a supreme Mk II.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Cougar View Post
    {SNIP}

If jackpot weapons did have fixed and optimal supreme rolls, that would certainly be helpful. For instance, 1.35 crit for a Turtle Dove would basically wrap both prepatch crit rolls into one. That would go a long way. I'd still be pissed about my collection of hard earned random rolled guns (which, if anything, were MORE difficult to obtain than the jackpots) but better is better.
    That's what I'm working towards. That they're fixed stats is what may potentially allow an upgrade from an old gun to a new version gun since I might be able to swap it to what is basically a whole different weapon during the upgrade. I can't do that with a random weapon. The change would be the same as what you saw previously with a Mk I event weapon to a Mk II one. The guns are designed to have the same priorities in rolls, just under the new system, so they should have a very similar feel. I'm hopeful we'll get that working.

I'm open to suggestions for the randomly rolled old guns. The best one I've seen to date is duplicating the epic bonuses or just not having a supreme bonus at all for those old guns. The upgrade to supreme itself isn't the problem. It's the compounding effect of another bonus of the same type on top of potentially 3 others and the effect that would have on the overall weapon balance. I think that the double epic/no bonus would probably be pretty confusing for some people, though, and may look like a bug. That's a pretty big concern.

...and you should know me well enough at this point, Dixie, to know that I always prefer to be straight.
    Support me in Extralife

Xbox Gt and Defiance Character (Na): Atticus Batman
    DEFIANCE CLAN: DAWN PATROL(forum page)

(Azrael Batman) Clan: Nuclear Elite (EU)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    That's because Batman is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOz View Post
    As usual Batman is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaQkarri View Post
    Because Batman is ALWAYS RIGHT!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper2662 View Post
    Batman is boss. He will never lose because he is the best. That's that. Oh yeeeah

I'm looking into it. There's two different types of weapons: randomly generated ones and fixed stat guns. The randomly generated ones under the old roll system simply don't support going to supreme. We can't just add another, higher tier of bonuses that could stack with an existing 3x bonus gun without it breaking balance. I'd have to do something wonky, like making a whole new set of supreme bonuses that don't exist in any other tier similar to epic rolls (or just dupe epic rolls as someone else suggested, though I don't think folks would enjoy the possibility of having literally the same bonus in both the epic and supreme slot). That's well beyond the current scope, though.

For fixed stat guns (like jackpots), though, I'm looking into some possibilities. We got some tech recently which may allow us to swap an old roll fixed stat legendary for a new roll supreme when you do the upgrade. It wasn't built for that and isn't currently working to do that, but may be able to with some tweaks. I could see folks getting upset, though, when their old legendary with, say, 2-3x crit, upgrades to a supreme with only a single crit roll even if the weapon itself is unarguably more powerful overall. That's a tricky one to resolve.

Rashere
    On the blue and green crit weapons and the blue and oj dmg pre patch weapons. While it wouldn't look as cool, but automatically getting guaranteed supreme crit instead of 2x crit or supreme dmg in place of blue and oj dmg and then the previous crit or dmg rolls rerolled. I would be in huge favor of that since supreme crit or dmg is basically the same as a 2x dmg or 2x crit weapon and then you'd get other rolls to replace those slots. If that could be worked out I think only an idiot wouldn't see the advantage
    IGN: Severous 5881, Txxx McGee 1135, JJ Fad 743
    PSN:MadMatt-a-tat-ta
    Insomniac Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey Black View Post
    whats that about 1.5%
    That's 2%…

psn eyeamabeazt
    Ps3 IGN Beezst
    Ps4 IGN Jocco

Ps3 Defiance Terminators
    Ps4 Devils Rejects

Defiance 2050 Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/620335361631550/

Quote Originally Posted by cmpowell View Post
    On the blue and green crit weapons and the blue and oj dmg pre patch weapons. While it wouldn't look as cool, but automatically getting guaranteed supreme crit instead of 2x crit or supreme dmg in place of blue and oj dmg and then the previous crit or dmg rolls rerolled. I would be in huge favor of that since supreme crit or dmg is basically the same as a 2x dmg or 2x crit weapon and then you'd get other rolls to replace those slots. If that could be worked out I think only an idiot wouldn't see the advantage
    This has been the unanimous best case scenario. I'm just making sure the devs are aware of that fact. This is what your players want.

Edit: Except the automatic part of course, but hey, you could throw that in as an apology I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Chump Norris View Post

Its not huge but yeah there is a damage boost.
    ~2.3% increase in this particular case (figured from actual BASE dmg, without rarity dmg bonus or skill dmg bonus)... which is rather floggin sad considering from:
    green to blue it's a 3% increase,
    blue to purp it's a 4% increase,
    and purp to oj it's a 5% increase (plus 3% for encryption)

Shouldn't supreme at least be a 6% dmg increase over oj since oj and supreme are both encrypted?

Has anyone besides me here stopped to think that our x3 dmg or x3 crit guns even if they were turned supreme will still do less dmg than a named weapon which has built in dmg like rep guns?

Wasting forge on old guns less they are named or rep is & will be a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxDSMer View Post
    ~2.3% increase in this particular case (figured from actual BASE dmg, without rarity dmg bonus or skill dmg bonus)... which is rather floggin sad considering from:
    green to blue it's a 3% increase,
    blue to purp it's a 4% increase,
    and purp to oj it's a 5% increase (plus 3% for encryption)

Shouldn't supreme at least be a 6% dmg increase over oj since oj and supreme are both encrypted?
    Also noticed that the total crit on this gun is capped. 1.25 crit & its at 1.5 crit mult. Supreme 1.35 crit & its still 1.5 total crit.

Also brought the bloom up by .2 for becoming supreme.

Yeah......makes total sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast