+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amack View Post
    Wrong answer Rashere. Wrong answer.
    Well, give him a chance to address it.

Dixie Cougar & Solicea, HAWT (Husband And Wife Team) | Consortium (PCNA) Leader & Founder | Est. July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Cougar View Post
    Well, give him a chance to address it.
    He knows I will.

Yeah it makes no sense to not let people upgrade things they potentially spent real money to upgrade once or in the case of bit only boxes money to purchase then money to upgrade...there has to be a misunderstanding, please be a misunderstanding.

This would cause a whole new problem when it comes to trading, how would you know if that oj you are trading for was born an oj until you went to make it supreme?

I hope this gets addressed. Just remove encryptions

Made by Tauriiel. ^ Cause she's freaking awesome. Duh.

I curse the day my dream became my descent
    Suddenly, I long for you, my only love.

My Collection:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...-Rare-N-Stuffs....

For Science:
    https://www.twitch.tv/earapture/profile

List of Trades:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...36#post1905136

Quote Originally Posted by Chump Norris View Post
    Yeah it makes no sense to not let people upgrade things they potentially spent real money to upgrade once or in the case of bit only boxes money to purchase then money to upgrade...there has to be a misunderstanding, please be a misunderstanding.

This would cause a whole new problem when it comes to trading, how would you know if that oj you are trading for was born an oj until you went to make it supreme?
    The latter is easy, fortunately. If it's got a red encryption icon, it wasn't born an oj and can't be upgraded.

This is one of those tricky ones that I keep going back and forth on. The reasoning for the way it works currently is threefold:

1) It's consistent with all other upgrades. You can only take an item up a single tier.
    2) True legendary drops are special and this helps preserve that.
    3) If we're going to err, better to err on the side of being too cautious. It's pretty easy to change our minds in the future and allow old epics to upgrade again. It would really suck to start that way, realize its flooding the game with supremes, and have to backpedal and turn that off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ea Rapture View Post
    I hope this gets addressed. Just remove encryptions
    Or make the supreme upgrade feature applicable to all rairitys. For instance say I upgrade a green to blue, now it's encrypted, so I can upgrade it again, but only have a percent chance at overriding the encryption like the supreme upgrade. So if a person wants to sink hundreds of AF into a green they can.
    Player name: Alexis Hassinger | EGO:6000 | Clan:CRONUS | Platform: PC | NA
    Player name: Josh Firebrand | EGO:2100+ | Clan:CRONUS | Platform: PC | NA

Quote Originally Posted by Chump Norris View Post

It would have a Red lock on it, if it was upgraded to orange, but the lock would be white if it is original orange
    Edit; ninja by Rashere
    PC/NA
    Infinity Eagle 6000
    War Bird 6000

Solo Warmaster Run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhO34m1hUp4

Soon® is not here yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashere View Post
    The latter is easy, fortunately. If it's got a red encryption icon, it wasn't born an oj and can't be upgraded.

This is one of those tricky ones that I keep going back and forth on. The reasoning for the way it works currently is threefold:

1) It's consistent with all other upgrades. You can only take an item up a single tier.
    2) True legendary drops are special and this helps preserve that.
    3) If we're going to err, better to err on the side of being too cautious. It's pretty easy to change our minds in the future and allow old epics to upgrade again. It would really suck to start that way, realize its flooding the game with supremes, and have to backpedal and turn that off.
    None of us saw a new rarity tier coming. If we had, and we knew upgraded weapons would be stuck at legendary, rarity upgrades would not have been much of a thing.

I hope you don't take it the wrong way, but having it implemented this way would definitely be a nasty surprise to a lot of people who ground out (or, even worse, bought with bits or PP) a lot of forge to make good weapons happen.

It would also reinforce the dominance of jackpots over all other guns which isn't necessarily a healthy trend. I've got enough named weapons stockpiled to withstand even this, but I doubt most people do.

Dixie Cougar & Solicea, HAWT (Husband And Wife Team) | Consortium (PCNA) Leader & Founder | Est. July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Bahamut3 View Post
    Or make the supreme upgrade feature applicable to all rairitys. For instance say I upgrade a green to blue, now it's encrypted, so I can upgrade it again, but only have a percent chance at overriding the encryption like the supreme upgrade. So if a person wants to sink hundreds of AF into a green they can.
    Wow, that could be a really nice Idea!

Made by Tauriiel. ^ Cause she's freaking awesome. Duh.

I curse the day my dream became my descent
    Suddenly, I long for you, my only love.

My Collection:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...-Rare-N-Stuffs....

For Science:
    https://www.twitch.tv/earapture/profile

List of Trades:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...36#post1905136

Well my feelings on supreme upgrades just took another 180..

I'm going to have to look through my inventory and see how many things ive upgraded and decide where to go from there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast