+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amack View Post
    So design the more difficult content before you release the Supreme weapons... maybe?
    I happen to think he's right that they should not balance the content around Supremes, especially initially.

Still thinking the time gate in my previous post might get the job done.

Dixie Cougar & Solicea, HAWT (Husband And Wife Team) | Consortium (PCNA) Leader & Founder | Est. July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Cougar View Post
    I happen to think he's right that they should not balance the content around Supremes, especially initially.
    Who are we kidding here? Designing more difficult content around a small damage boost and an added weapon bonus... okay

Who are we kidding here? Designing more difficult content around a small damage boost and an added weapon bonus... okay.
    Not if the weapons aren't intended to proliferate much, especially early on.

Dixie Cougar & Solicea, HAWT (Husband And Wife Team) | Consortium (PCNA) Leader & Founder | Est. July 2013

Not if the weapons aren't intended to proliferate much, especially early on.
    I'm sorry, I was under the impression the content difficulty was designed around players EGO levels.

I'm sorry, I was under the impression the content difficulty was designed around players EGO levels.
    Go back, read Rashere's post... come on dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashere View Post
    The latter is easy, fortunately. If it's got a red encryption icon, it wasn't born an oj and can't be upgraded.

This is one of those tricky ones that I keep going back and forth on. The reasoning for the way it works currently is threefold:

1) It's consistent with all other upgrades. You can only take an item up a single tier.
    2) True legendary drops are special and this helps preserve that.
    3) If we're going to err, better to err on the side of being too cautious. It's pretty easy to change our minds in the future and allow old epics to upgrade again. It would really suck to start that way, realize its flooding the game with supremes, and have to backpedal and turn that off.
    It's not that your reasoning is flawed, it's that it's coming way, way too late. I have an OJ that I traded to get. It replaced a gun I know was a natural OJ, and I currently have no clue if the replacement is that. It's my most used and favorite gun, a synergy no longer obtainable, and if it turns out I can't make it supreme the chance is very, very high that it will make me quit the game. Please do look up my transaction history to see the implications behind that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexri View Post
    It's not that your reasoning is flawed, it's that it's coming way, way too late. I have an OJ that I traded to get. It replaced a gun I know was a natural OJ, and I currently have no clue if the replacement is that. It's my most used and favorite gun, a synergy no longer obtainable, and if it turns out I can't make it supreme the chance is very, very high that it will make me quit the game. Please do look up my transaction history to see the implications behind that statement.
    While he made his point rather indelicately, I'd be surprised if he's the only one worried about this revelation.

This only natural upgrade system further hinders those prepatch weapons with 2x 3x rolls because they were certainly upgraded.

I get it though, and even though I would like to upgrade my already upgraded weapons this will save me some hassle. My list of guns to supreme goes from 5 to 2 with this, so I will spend less forge overall, less grinding and strangely some peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashere View Post
    Supremes are intended to be rare and a lot of decisions about them come down to that. We aren't currently tuning content around people having them. They're certainly a nice bump, but existing legendaries will be just as useful the day after launch as they are right now.
    if they are supposed to be so rare, then why have the upgrade ability to the supreme level at all? of course the answer is af from the bit store. same as people said nobody would buy a 10000 bit legendary crate, people will buy the forge to upgrade.

all current oj guns regardless of origin should be allowed the supreme upgrade or denied because encryption. i have guns that started as greens and were upgraded to purple before encryption was implemented. i was then able to upgrade them to legendary after encryption was implemented, so i think any oj should be upgradeable on release of supreme.

GT: YahootsMagoondi
    IGN: Beatrix Marin

What if there was a time gate associated with turning weapons supreme?
    Like how After Supreme is introduced player's will have 7 days to be able to upgrade all Epic to Legendary shields and guns to Supreme? But after that time is up only natural Legendaries there after will be able to upgrade to Supreme?

From what Im reading already players are mad as is at the idea of Ark Forge gains being limited to only have that limit be lifted if one is a Patron owner. With people saying that its a motive to drive players to the bit store.

So an idea of a timed period to give players a pass to upgrade Epic to Legendary Weapons to Supreme would be the ultimate push to drive players to the bit store.

So lets imagine if that was the case and a player can only earn 250 AF a week during the 7 day period that Non-Natty Ojs can be upgraded to Supreme. But they can pass that 250 limit by buying Patron or Bits? That would not go over well with the commonwealth.

But I saw this disappointment coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    For whatever reason Im pretty sure that if you up a weapons rarity from Epic to Legendary that you can still up that OJ to Supreme. If not that would be pretty lame as that would stonewall even more guns in current Players inventories. Not only that but it would be like hitting the restart button to countless Veteran players.
    But you know what is worse then causing a restart button when I really think about it?

Lets say this all takes the route in that only Natty Oj's are able to upgrade to Supreme. That means the majority of weapons abroad that will be able to will only be the Natty Ojs that anyone has gotten or kept, and the only Natty Ojs anyone has ever gotten or kept abroad have been jackpot or event weapons; and out of them some of the most Over Powered guns have been introduced like Piper Blast Rifle, Leaping Lord Invader, Swimming Swan Long Shot, and Sludge Hammer Big Boomer to name a few versions.

So to all you players who weren't present for the holidays getting some of the most powerful guns around or want to pay a 100$ to get a Bio Boomer you are S.O.L. because as if these guns are not strong enough as they currently are as Oj's they're also the ones abroad that will be the ones worthy to upgrade to Supreme giving you even less of a chance to survive when up against them and even less of a chance to have a Natty Oj yourself worth upgrading to Supreme to match these event/jackpot guns.

All this in its own is a good enough reason to just allow Epic to Legendary to be able to upgrade to Supreme. Because it will be very messed up to only allow what are already the most powerful guns around to be the only weapons abroad worth upgrading.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast