+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 100
  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Flriduh
    Posts
    3,015
    How does that saying go? Something about a one car funeral?

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Eagle View Post
    What about an area on the map where the threat level is Always 10 or above, so that the high ego players have a bigger challenge? (with Good rewards.
    And also how about special mods dropping in the expeditions? Such as Spinal Tap and the others
    Geez....you don't want anything easy, do you? How about the entire world, with a red bow on it?

    Seriously, this will NEVER happen.
    Casey Jones, alive and well, and proud member of The Consortium

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Etaew View Post
    I'll be heading off to Gamescom next week and will be catching up with LoCarb. If you have any questions you want me to ask him, with the recent Supreme weapon announcement in mind (or others if you prefer) please leave them here.
    How about ask him if us mere mortals---who DON'T spend $1000 a month on bits---can actually have access to these so-called "supreme" weapons?
    Casey Jones, alive and well, and proud member of The Consortium

  4. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Flriduh
    Posts
    3,015
    Quote Originally Posted by heartbreak_courier View Post
    Haven't seen Phantasie around in ages.
    At this point, I fear the worst.

    Hopefully, they just have him working on the new game.

  5. #65
    Member SanCarioca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    1,296
    Supreme weapons are definitely not a priority (bugs are, seconded by inventory management, in my opinion), not even a necessity or desirable feature in the game. I understand Trion owns the game, though, and it's their decision to make with it as they please. As players and customers, we have several options about that kind of behavior. I'll take a "wait and see" approach on this one.

    That being said, Etaew, I don't know why you have focused on being a messenger with Trion exactly about questions on Supreme Weapons, but of course, I appreciate your effort. You didn't need to do this.

    So, in regarding to what you asked, here are the most important questions about Supreme Weapons, in my opinion:

    1) Will Supreme weapons be available as free drops in the game, somehow? Let me be clear on that: will there be any way, any form, any specific event, where we'll be able to actually "win" a Gold Weapon (as I recall from the last livestream, Gold will be the color of Supreme Weapons), as drops from a Warmaster event, or an Elite Lockbos purchaseable with keys, or anything you might think of?

    2) Exact same question above, but regarding purchases in the Bit Store: will purchaseable lockboxes have the chance to drop already rolled Supreme Weapons?

    3) Finally, will future Jackpots (free or paid) be Supreme Weapons, or remain at the Legendary level?

    If you are willing to acccept constructive questions besides the ones concerning Supreme weapons, let me know. I always have a ton of them with me.

  6. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Camden, Arkansas
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by SanCarioca View Post
    Supreme weapons are definitely not a priority (bugs are, seconded by inventory management, in my opinion), not even a necessity or desirable feature in the game. I understand Trion owns the game, though, and it's their decision to make with it as they please. As players and customers, we have several options about that kind of behavior. I'll take a "wait and see" approach on this one.

    That being said, Etaew, I don't know why you have focused on being a messenger with Trion exactly about questions on Supreme Weapons, but of course, I appreciate your effort. You didn't need to do this.

    So, in regarding to what you asked, here are the most important questions about Supreme Weapons, in my opinion:

    1) Will Supreme weapons be available as free drops in the game, somehow? Let me be clear on that: will there be any way, any form, any specific event, where we'll be able to actually "win" a Gold Weapon (as I recall from the last livestream, Gold will be the color of Supreme Weapons), as drops from a Warmaster event, or an Elite Lockbos purchaseable with keys, or anything you might think of?

    2) Exact same question above, but regarding purchases in the Bit Store: will purchaseable lockboxes have the chance to drop already rolled Supreme Weapons?

    3) Finally, will future Jackpots (free or paid) be Supreme Weapons, or remain at the Legendary level?

    If you are willing to acccept constructive questions besides the ones concerning Supreme weapons, let me know. I always have a ton of them with me.
    To have a question answered, please insert 10 bits!

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by SanCarioca View Post
    Supreme weapons are definitely not a priority (bugs are, seconded by inventory management, in my opinion), not even a necessity or desirable feature in the game.
    Basically, yes.
    We don't need another roll, we need a better game.
    Right now we almost can't get a decent legendary, or even a decent purple because every single crate is full of vendor food (yes, every single one, bitstore boxes included) so we have nothing to upgrade except our old guns, but they are good enough.

    The rewards are not interesting/rewarding at all (I started playing this game a year ago, and I just realized that... I almost got nothing good in one year, 95% of my cools guns are from trades, the others are upgraded purples bought from a random vendor, 0 good reward in one year, ha ! #mylifeindefiance). And, the rewards are random ! We don't need supreme guns to win random rewards, a fist is enough !

    We could use a couple Supremes for expeditions, but... we can also not use them. Same result. And I don't want to talk about the stability/performance issues. I can run GTAV on ultra but sometimes Defiance on low settings is like playing F-Zero X on N64 with 4 drunk players. On drugs. And one-eyed. Listening to a Maroon 5 song. And r... well forgot about Maroon 5, it's not that bad. But still, if you get dced or if you have an horrible framerate, you can't play properly so you don't need Supreme guns. You don't need guns at all actually because you're probably dead.

    Defiance has too much RNG, and now you want to add Supreme RNG on top of the actual RNG ! Because let's be honest, we can use 67m AF to get the supreme roll on a gun, but we can also roll a supreme Recoil on a bolt action Sniper, right ?
    So, please forget about the Supreme Weapons, you can work on something more useful. Like... eh, you removed the weird purple rolls, so you can remove the weird masteries now ! You can fix the bugs, work on the inventory, friendlist, clanlist, the loot table, you can create new ennemies and you can add all the lockbox outfits in the bitstore.
    Or... well, if you like gold rolls/guns you can recreate the Golden Gun. You know, Goldeneyes/The Man with the Golden Gun. It's a good compromise.

  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Flriduh
    Posts
    3,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Octo View Post
    I can run GTAV on ultra but sometimes Defiance on low settings is like playing F-Zero X on N64 with 4 drunk players. On drugs. And one-eyed. Listening to a Maroon 5 song. And r... well forgot about Maroon 5, it's not that bad. But still, if you get dced or if you have an horrible framerate, you can't play properly so you don't need Supreme guns. You don't need guns at all actually because you're probably dead.
    By far one of the most funny things I've read on these forums... and I've read a lot.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by SanCarioca View Post
    Will Supreme weapons be available as free drops in the game, somehow? Let me be clear on that: will there be any way, any form, any specific event, where we'll be able to actually "win" a Gold Weapon (as I recall from the last livestream, Gold will be the color of Supreme Weapons), as drops from a Warmaster event, or an Elite Lockbos purchaseable with keys, or anything you might think of?
    Unless this was already brought up in the livestream (was late to the party on Friday) or elsewhere on the PTS forum, my cynical side has me guessing that they won't drop in the open world. I'm thinking they'll only be obtainable as a jackpot weapon, probably, or through arkforge purchases.

    All just speculation, but I'd be shocked to see them appear in the standard loot tables. There was a reason the RNG was so bad during Midsummer Mutiny. All of this year's updates have been geared towards the Bit Store, and I'm guessing arkforge sold pretty well during that event. I know LoCarb said the increased rarity was to make people feel more unique when they looted that rare drop. I get the argument, but I didn't buy it.

    In other MMOs, you know just by looking at someone when they have a unique weapon. It's plain as day. In Defiance (correct me if I'm wrong), but they don't even incorporate new models for jackpot weapons. All of this seems like they are putting the carriage before horse. Like trying to make us feel unique before giving us a means to show off, or incorporating a Trade Chat when you can't link weapons.

    (I swear, I'm nearing my rant quota. xD)

  10. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Flriduh
    Posts
    3,015
    Quote Originally Posted by heartbreak_courier View Post
    Unless this was already brought up in the livestream (was late to the party on Friday) or elsewhere on the PTS forum, my cynical side has me guessing that they won't drop in the open world. I'm thinking they'll only be obtainable as a jackpot weapon, probably, or through arkforge purchases.
    I can almost promise you that unfortunately. If anything, players will begin to see an increase in orange drops from events / wm etc.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts