+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Defiance Developer Q&A: August 3

Welcome, ark hunters! You’ve asked, we’re answering. We’re back with another action packed Defiance Developer Q&A!
    1. Any thoughts to clan-only missions? Like coops but whole clan participation?
      Large group or clan content is something we have been thinking about, we are still looking into how a system like this would balance between large and small clans alike.
    2. How about clan wars where it's kind of like a shadow war but where only 2 clans can participate?
      This falls into the same balance issue as mentioned above, PvP gets a bit trickier because more players participate in PvE than PvP content.
    3. In the past there was a lot of talk of wandering Warmasters... and then not now. Is this is something that is still being considered?
      We took a look at a wandering Warmaster a few months back, it's something that would take longer than we anticipated. We would still like to get a system like this in place in the future.
    4. Is there a reason as to why we can't trade swords in the game?
      We made most of the charge blades more or less limited to players that own the DLC content associated with the charge blades themselves, Thorn Liro and 7th Legion.
    5. Will you please announce to people playing the game when the stream for Defiance is about to start like how you did for Tricks last stream?
      We have started pre-stream announcements in game with the last livestream and should be continuing this for future live streams.
    6. Will we ever see a cerberus like the one Cooper drives outside of PVP?
      We are holding back on adding more player controlled vehicles until we address some optimization issues. We will still have variations of existing vehicles because they do not significantly take up more memory resources.
    7. Can you PLEASE make a Grid Expedition using the "Defiance Season 2 Aftermath: Until the Arks Rise" map?
      A Grid expedition is under consideration. Grid would be pretty interesting because they can influence other enemy groups in the game.
    8. Do orange grenades exist? Only saw them in Alpha.
      Legendary Grenades are out there, but they are rare.

As an added reminder, Carble "LoCarb" Cheung will be at Gamescom this week! Defiance Data has an interview with LoCarb coming up this Friday, so make sure to keep an eye out for coverage coming from DefianceData.com.

Etaew has posted a question collection thread for this interview, here's a link for anyone looking! Because this is a special event, please direct questions there for this week. We'll be back with another question collection thread this Friday for next week.

Well, question 8 really captures the kind of questions and audience these guys are catering for...

There were pages and pages of questions, and a question like that made it into the final set of questions...??

Maybe this week somone might ask how to roll ingame.

thats the same thing i wonder..
    whos picking these inane questions?
    i saw 2 good ones there,the Grid one and the wandering warmaster/aka/wandering hulkers which are already ingame...

wheres all the Real questions at?
    and,more importantly,wheres the Answers to those questions.......

I didn't find those questions, or the answers to them, to be helpful to me in anyway.
    Xbox NA: xlxJackxlx

Xbox EU: Jaclyn

GT: xlll Jack lllx

How about this question?

Why are the questions about stability, trophies, and known bug issues not being answered?

I understand if there is no "simple" answer for these but the community still wants to know. It's because of these issues many players have left defiance, stopped spending money on bits and continue to do so each day.
    We all love new content and fresh ideas and I'm not saying the questions in this thread aren't worthy of answers but seems like the team each week avoids the tougher ones. Just my opinion.
    ”We don’t become who we dream of if we don’t face our demons. If we shun what conceals us we go blind to that which frees us.” PS4/PC/PTS Markeen D13-2050 BLOODLINES clan founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Soba JP View Post
    How about this question?

Why are the questions about stability, trophies, and known bug issues not being answered?

I understand if there is no "simple" answer for these but the community still wants to know. It's because of these issues many players have left defiance, stopped spending money on bits and continue to do so each day.
    We all love new content and fresh ideas and I'm not saying the questions in this thread aren't worthy of answers but seems like the team each week avoids the tougher ones. Just my opinion.
    "We are aware and are working on it, we will have a fix up on pts in the near future hopefully"

i answered it for you

also, why is question 3's answer different to locarbs answer he gave in the live stream?

Smoke and mirrors.. mirrors and smoke..

I have to assume the number of questions and the brevity of the answers is mostly because a lot of the team went to Gamescom this week. I was kinda expecting a scaled back Q&A, which is okay. Hopefully some of those questions get rolled into next week's, because there were some good ones in there.

But here's my feedback:

Large group or clan content is something we have been thinking about, we are still looking into how a system like this would balance between large and small clans alike.
    More things for clans to do would be great. I know a lot of clans are just spinning their wheels these days, running Warmaster for the nth time. Timed challenges like what Trove has but for clans would be great.

We took a look at a wandering Warmaster a few months back, it's something that would take longer than we anticipated. We would still like to get a system like this in place in the future.
    I think Defiance would benefit greatly from world bosses, or little world quirks like the golden skitterling idea that's been kicked around. (And already been built, apparently.) A big problem Defiance seems to be having is retention between big events. People show up for the holiday events, then leave. There's nothing new under the sun there, unfortunately. New content, or new things to do out in the world would be awesome. The roaming Warmaster and golden skitterlings would make for a great addition.

We have started pre-stream announcements in game with the last livestream and should be continuing this for future live streams.
    Thanks for that, Kiwi. I've noticed sometimes we don't get notifications on the forums, even, until sometimes the day before. I know the scheduling is a little sporadic with regards to Defiance, but I always love tuning in. Sometimes it almost sneaks past, though.

A Grid expedition is under consideration. Grid would be pretty interesting because they can influence other enemy groups in the game.
    More expeditions are okay, but I still hold to my opinion that Hunter Requisition integration needs to change. Charging per entry has made it so that picking up a pick up group is impossible sometimes. I popped into a Heaven Sent expedition within a week of its release and the game didn't drop anyone in with me. I waited there for a good fifteen minutes before I tried soloing it, and 30 minutes later I still didn't see anyone.

I think entry should be free. Keep the HRs for revives if you have to, but in a F2P game where nothing else is limited in that way, most people are going to shy away from it in favor of other non-gated content. Which means less people for paying customers to play with, which means they might stop paying altogether. I also think the number of expedition runs for Patron Pass holders should be unlimited. Limitations imposed on a subscriber doesn't make much sense to me.

But that's neither here nor there, I guess. xD

Legendary Grenades are out there, but they are rare.
    I've seen more unicorns in real life than legendary grenades in my time since the Defiance alpha, lol. xD

Until next week!