+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    In regards to the orange grenade question... I will explain how I was able to collect orange grenades for my characters.

(I do not know if this still works or not)

I realized that the RNG for consumable items was weighted to prefer consumables you do not already have. I assumed this was done in order to deliver the consumables in such a way that would fill up our inventories as quickly as possible. This is not a guaranteed method as there is still randomness programmed into the formula somewhere, so some people such as myself will get lucky and get orange grenades quicker by using this method vs. others for which it might take longer. However, by using this method, you are in essence telling the RNG which consumable you prefer, which in essence will increase your chances by a large factor.

I worked my way right down the list using this method. Other players also had great luck using this method after I told them.

If you want Orange Pyro grenades, make sure it is the only consumable stack that is *NOT FULL* before you purchase your boxes.

The system will see the empty/low stack and the programming will prefer to give you that item. When it does decide to award you that item, it will roll the item rarity randomly. It could be blue, it could be purple, or it could be orange. By setting up your stacks properly you are increasing your chances to receive the specific item you want, but you still might have to try multiple times to get that orange rarity.

It took me approx. 2 weeks using this method and I collected a bunch of them. It took another player almost a month using this method, but they did immediately notice it was working as I had explained.

Good Luck Ark Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Amack View Post
    -snipped method-

It took me approx. 2 weeks using this method and I collected a bunch of them. It took another player almost a month using this method, but they did immediately notice it was working as I had explained.

Good Luck Ark Hunters.
    This does seem plausible, considering each Legendary grenade I recall looting from boxes recently ended up refilling its already Legendary stack, sadface.

Quote Originally Posted by SirServed View Post
    This does seem plausible, considering each Legendary grenade I recall looting from boxes recently ended up refilling its already Legendary stack, sadface.
    I didn't just make that up, believe me... hahaha.

#LoveDefianceMgmt
    #PatienceWearingThin

what an odd discovery..

Will you please announce to people playing the game when the stream for Defiance is about to start like how you did for Tricks last stream?
    We have started pre-stream announcements in game with the last livestream and should be continuing this for future live streams.
    Can you stop doing this? It makes it difficult to play the game when the middle of the screen is blocked by a message.

I can see this being fixed in an upcoming patch now that you've pointed it out
    You might want to delete the post before they see it
    PC NA - *Defiance* [outcastJesTeR] Gortho
    *Defiance2050* [StigsCousin] Gortho
    <Chaos Crew>
    Steam - StigsCousin
    Xbox Live Gamertag - ERTStigsCousin
    My Music

Quote Originally Posted by TheStigsCousin View Post
    I can see this being fixed in an upcoming patch now that you've pointed it out
    You might want to delete the post before they see it
    If they fixed it, then players might have a better chance.

Of course, if they fixed it, they would have to use their superior intelligence to come up with another scheme...

"Large group or clan content is something we have been thinking about, we are still looking into how a system like this would balance between large and small clans alike."

"More things for clans to do would be great. I know a lot of clans are just spinning their wheels these days, running Warmaster for the nth time. Timed challenges like what Trove has but for clans would be great."

If I recall Trick said we would be able to have mass invite for expeditions but that hasn't happened. He also suggested a roaming warmaster would happen eventually.
    ”We don’t become who we dream of if we don’t face our demons. If we shun what conceals us we go blind to that which frees us.” PS4/PC/PTS Markeen D13-2050 BLOODLINES clan founder.

But Trick didn't know about that ladder.
    That damn ladder ruined everything.