Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

death of defiance

I've said several times that even with all the nerfs and changes in the game that ill continue to play till they shut down the servers .

Is it just me or does it feel like trion is intentionally killing the game?

It would seem that they don't want vets to keep playing.it also seems that the changes they are making are also discouraging new players from playing too.

I have spent my share of real money on the game and I dont see any reason to continue to do so.

I love my guns n gear and doubt ill rage quit but im definatly losing my lust for the loot chase.

Supreme weapons and arkforge cap are the in my opinion the nail in the coffin.

I am totally against a new weapons tier as it essentially ruins every gun in my inventory.

I think the arkforge cap is hypocritical.its only ok to farm currency if you pay $10.then its ok.

This is the only game I've played in the last 2 years.ill miss it and regret the money I spent.

It feels like trion wants out of its obligation to defiance and can only be free to move on if we all quit

as i've said in the PTS, it's definitely the final nail in the coffin and killing the game completely by making the vets leave and the new players as well by doing this changes

i still have 40 bits left and it will stay that way
    IMBUE NOKUDOS: EGO 6000 Lamar Kendrick: EGO 6000 Zayne83: EGO 6000
    Megumi Suzumiya: EGO 6000 Mikaela Himura: EGO 6000 Sachi Hayashida: EGO 5800+
    Lil Zayne: EGO 5600+ shortfusedmikey: EGO 5100+

recent moves do seem like they are intended to push out older players.. no doubt

We are living at the end of the age of Defiance!

I won't go through the past posts of this forum, but I can tell ya, they aren't new.

Every time a change is made that is against what the player base wants, these threads pop up.

So many threads and yet the servers are still on. Sure, a lot of the vets are gone, and those of us that are still here don't play near as much as we used to. I can attest, though, that there are still a lot of ppl playing the game on ps3. No where near what it was when I started, but...We did a few major events last night and there were quite a few ppl at each. Of course, 1/2 of them had no clue what to do properly, but they were there. LOL

It is what it is...
    "It is what it is..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    I can assure you that we care deeply about Defiance.
    PSN-rebtattoo
    PS3na IGN-Reb Aingeal
    187 Syndicate

PS4 IGN - Reb

This isn't just bad for vets. How is a new weapon rarity good for new players? Especially with an AF cap.

So, I read the Patch Notes on PTS and had to stop because I had a huge smile on my face. Things are happening. You see them as bad, but some of these (e.g. AF Cap, Basic Patron Pass cost) are things that should have happened a year ago when the game went F2P. I'll press the team when I see wrongdoings but things are looking up for a change (to me, anyways). Vote with your wallets and make your grievances known.

For me, it's hard to up and quit a free game that I've invested so much into. Since I stopped logging so many hours a day, I guess it helps me appreciate the time I do spend in the game. It's a lot more doing what I planned out and a lot less standing around doing nothing.

The af cap is definitely meant to boost bit store sales. Since the cap only applies to what those without a patron pass can earn in game. If you buy af or have a patron you're unaffected. It's just a bad move from a player stand point as they are doing it just before the release of supreme weapons. The days of giving 1000 af because of a game changer are over.

I think my $400 defiance allowance may get spent on the next destiny dlc and a ps4. Depending on how this pans out
    IGN: Severous 5881, Txxx McGee 1135, JJ Fad 743
    PSN:MadMatt-a-tat-ta
    Insomniac Hunters

If they want to increase incentive for having patron pass, they should increase the incentive for having patron pass by NOT penalizing those that don't have it.

Things they could do:
    increase the patron arkforge boost,
    increase the already increased amount received in daily&weekly boxes,
    heck.. they could even increase other things more like reputation gains.

But to put a cap on arkforge gains for those without patron pass - is plain and simple taking away from those that don't have it.
    IT IS A CASH GRAB, and that whole 2% stat pad crap is an insult to the intelligence of the playerbase. The 98% is clearly based on every toon ever created, which more than the majority of are <5000. 5000 ego is the magical number where it becomes possible to earn more arkforge than before.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxDSMer View Post
    If they want to increase incentive for having patron pass, they should increase the incentive for having patron pass by NOT penalizing those that don't have it.

Things they could do:
    increase the patron arkforge boost,
    increase the already increased amount received in daily&weekly boxes,
    heck.. they could even increase other things more like reputation gains.
    Giving a greater reward to those that pay is not the way to fix this. While I agree that limits should be in place for purely free players, 250 is too low a number to use. 500 AF per week should be the place to aim for. It would at this point only affect the hardcore F2P AF farmers (leeches?) instead of everyone that doesn't buy the Patron Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxDSMer View Post
    But to put a cap on arkforge gains for those without patron pass - is plain and simple taking away from those that don't have it.
    IT IS A CASH GRAB, and that whole 2% stat pad crap is an insult to the intelligence of the playerbase. The 98% is clearly based on every toon ever created, which more than the majority of are <5000. 5000 ego is the magical number where it becomes possible to earn more arkforge than before.
    It's actually more along the lines of what a true F2P game should be. It's supposed to be free, with limitations. Allowing players to show up and limitlessly farm 'premium' currency is a bad F2P model. 5000 is the magical number to earn Expert Co-op Arkforge on your own, not when the possibility opens up. You can start earning massive amounts right out the gate if you get in touch with the right players.