Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    To me these changes are reminiscent of a pro sports team that puts a poor product on the field so that they can move to a new town.

I'm not as concerned about the patron pass or the forge cap as I am about supreme weapons.

Supreme weapons is an optical illusion.essentially nerfing my entire inventory.

The changes ive heard that I do find interesting are the abillity to reroll any rolls and the possability of removing encyption.

For the record and my clan I am not quiting anytime soon.I just dont have the lust for the loot like I used to

Ok people. So what would your perfect Supreme BMG roll be?
    They say most of your brain shuts down on the Defiance forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

"If I don't shoot, repair, or screw something in the next few minutes, we're gonna have a problem."

The Four Cats of Defiance The Perfect Crimefighter Exchange Warriors

PCMR/NA
    IGN: 12Gaige Ego: 6000
    Clan: Krayola Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Gaige12 View Post
    Ok people. So what would your perfect Supreme BMG roll be?
    Supreme lag!

Quote Originally Posted by SirServed View Post
    Giving a greater reward to those that pay is not the way to fix this. While I agree that limits should be in place for purely free players, 250 is too low a number to use. 500 AF per week should be the place to aim for. It would at this point only affect the hardcore F2P AF farmers (leeches?) instead of everyone that doesn't buy the Patron Pass.

It's actually more along the lines of what a true F2P game should be. It's supposed to be free, with limitations. Allowing players to show up and limitlessly farm 'premium' currency is a bad F2P model. 5000 is the magical number to earn Expert Co-op Arkforge on your own, not when the possibility opens up. You can start earning massive amounts right out the gate if you get in touch with the right players.
    People already trying to rationalize trions decision. we all know it is going to be a bad implement on their part. be honest , if you need to convince yourself its not that bad, than maybe try playing a different game.
    Founder of Only Human
    GamerTag : Thorax the Dark

Drives me crazy that Trion is hellbent on scaring people away from defiance instead of giving them a reason to play and stay here.
    Gamertag JI A Y D O G G Xbox NA

Not for nothing but if a player is putting in enough grind time to get over 250 AF a week they are most likely a Patron Pass owner anyway.

Still think its speed running Expert Co-ops is the problem for the inflated gains but we know even if Expert maps rewarded AF only once a day to keep that from happing that somehow and someway players would figure out another grinding solution to get the same results. I doubt it but players are figuring out things to do all the time. Just look at how '...And Taxes' was being duped. So to stop any kind of crazy potential thing to happen with Ark Forge a over all limit was set to stop any all possible contingencies. Then again it is pretty shasta that a player would have to pay to be able to pass the limit even if they could.

With all that said I think a weekly 500 AF limit is a good stance if AF gains are such a big thing to worry about. If a player has the will to grind 500 AF in a week just let them, they are playing the game. Not as if many players would even be able to grind out a 500 limit but it certainly would look better then 250.

So to sum it up hardly anyone will reach 250 anyway let alone 500. So do 500 for looks and better P.R. if a cap is a must have.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorax The Dark View Post
    People already trying to rationalize trions decision. we all know it is going to be a bad implement on their part. be honest , if you need to convince yourself its not that bad, than maybe try playing a different game.
    I am being honest, I'm also sick of the "Don't do this or I'll quit" posts. Your lack of presence might be noticed but 10 more people will replace you, because it's a FREE game. I recently spent $100 on a GW2 Edition (B2P game) and enjoyed the game so much as a whole, I had no problem dropping another $200 in its cash shop. I could have spent that money on Defiance but the team hasn't invented a way for me to spend more money than I have on Outfits and Patron Passes.

If you think this is bad, maybe you should try playing another F2P game. They put limitations on currency gains and those of players that don't pay are more strict as incentive for you to invest. People have gotten so used to the broken F2P system in this game that they're all up in arms and offended as s**t when the company finally gets around to making the right decisions. Best defense? "If you do this, I'll stop playing your game that I don't pay you to play anyway. Rawr!11!1!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by SirServed View Post
    For me, it's hard to up and quit a free game that I've invested so much into.
    This is exactly what their current business model is designed around.

I've bought patron passes in the past. In one particular month that I was a happy player, I dropped $100 to show my support.

I have hundreds more here that was going to spent on upgrading my gun collection to supreme. Bad management decisions have halted that plan unfortunately. Not to mention the flat out lies and avoidance of very important questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiller115 View Post
    Supreme lag!
    Thats taken already by the CF.
    Xbox NA

I think it is completely idiotic to pay into something that barely functions properly. Would you keep paying for a car that breaks down every 3 or 4 miles?