Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Man, I'm too lazy to grind out 250 forge a week at the best of times, so it's business as usual for me, lazing about on the roof at Muir...

I think it's more that they don't understand veteran/endgame players.

Take Blizzard and WoW - they have developers who play the game themselves, at high levels, as well as an extensive PTR system with fully player controlled character copy system as well as the ability to create new end game characters instantly. all going towards tuning the game.

Then you have Trion.

Latest patch doesn't even have patch notes up. Changes are put to live without going through PTS. PTS is severely limited due to few people using it, lack of resources to test something (which has been the direct cause of multiple bugs making it to live in recent months), manual character copy (that was broken for a while), no way to create end game characters, and so on. In addition, if you watch the live stream....well, it's obvious what I'm referring to.

There's no way to balance the endgame when you have no knowledge of how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by SirServed View Post
    I am being honest, I'm also sick of the "Don't do this or I'll quit" posts. Your lack of presence might be noticed but 10 more people will replace you, because it's a FREE game. I recently spent $100 on a GW2 Edition (B2P game) and enjoyed the game so much as a whole, I had no problem dropping another $200 in its cash shop. I could have spent that money on Defiance but the team hasn't invented a way for me to spend more money than I have on Outfits and Patron Passes.

If you think this is bad, maybe you should try playing another F2P game. They put limitations on currency gains and those of players that don't pay are more strict as incentive for you to invest. People have gotten so used to the broken F2P system in this game that they're all up in arms and offended as s**t when the company finally gets around to making the right decisions. Best defense? "If you do this, I'll stop playing your game that I don't pay you to play anyway. Rawr!11!1!!!"
    I know you're replying to Thorax and I'm not jumping to his defence (god knows I have my own issues with him) but why in hells name would I put money into a game where ToC can be changed at a whim and to something I don't agree with.
    Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentu View Post
    Be as salty as you like and pour it on the wounds to prove a point. Some people can't back up to the wall any further lol.
    Where's the like button?
    PSN: c_e_r_u_l_e_a_n
    IGN: Cerahla(5549) | Zerandina(300+)
    Server: PS3 NA
    Founder of Paradise Collective

Defiance 2050
    PS4 NA
    IGN:Cerahla

Clan: defiance TV
    JOIN US

Quote Originally Posted by c_e_r_u_l_e_a_n View Post
    You confused my saltiness with sarcasm.

EDIT: If you WERE on payroll, you'd have a W-2, not a W-4.
    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf

GG, no re.

W-2s are what I currently receive as an IC.

You, sir, have no idea what you're talking about.

Dixie Cougar & Solicea, HAWT (Husband And Wife Team) | Consortium (PCNA) Leader & Founder | Est. July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Cougar View Post
    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf

GG, no re.

W-2s are what I currently receive as an IC.

You, sir, have no idea what you're talking about.
    I figured you would post that exact link. Nice to see you're intuitive.

Defiance 2050
    PS4 NA

JOIN US

Quote Originally Posted by SirServed View Post
    It's actually more along the lines of what a true F2P game should be. It's supposed to be free, with limitations. Allowing players to show up and limitlessly farm 'premium' currency is a bad F2P model. 5000 is the magical number to earn Expert Co-op Arkforge on your own, not when the possibility opens up. You can start earning massive amounts right out the gate if you get in touch with the right players.
    Maybe my opinion is biased because I havnt played a ton of F2P games, but everyone I have played does not limit the content at all. All players play the same game but they provide a 'premium' currency that allows players to succeed and progress at a much faster rate. Instead of grinding for the currencies in game like they're supposed to be earned, you can bypass the tedious grind with money.

For Defiance this 'premium' currency is bits not AF. Bits buy can buy pretty much everything...if you're willing to spend enough.

For those who want to grind to earn AF they should be able to and those who don't can just fork up the cash to get it quick. Not every player of a F2P game is supposed to throw a ton of money into it. The problem is trion doesn't understand how the F2P system should work or even understand business. I thought its pretty clear the first rule of business is the customer is always right. That's because you want to make your customers happy so they will keep coming back and want to spend money. Instead trion chooses to ignore, lie, and go against the players all the time and then try to find ways to force them to buy things.

If Trion just tried to make a good game instead of making money the players would be happier, if players were happy with this game there would be more of them, if there is more players and they like the product they will be more likely to spend money. Why is that so hard for them to understand?
    bevis EGO 6000

TH4d CASTLE EGO 6000

Elviss EGO 23xx

Clan: Valor Coalition

Quote Originally Posted by Bentu View Post
    Double like.

Defiance 2050
    PS4 NA

JOIN US

PSA: This thread was left open for the specific intention of creating disharmony among us. Don't be pawns.

Closed Thread