Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by c_e_r_u_l_e_a_n View Post
    I figured you would post that exact link. Nice to see you're intuitive.
    Nice try.

Dixie Cougar & Solicea, HAWT (Husband And Wife Team) | Consortium (PCNA) Leader & Founder | Est. July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Amack View Post
    PSA: This thread was left open for the specific intention of creating disharmony among us. Don't be pawns.
    What can I say?
    I love a good larf.
    PSN: c_e_r_u_l_e_a_n
    IGN: Cerahla(5549) | Zerandina(300+)
    Server: PS3 NA
    Founder of Paradise Collective

Defiance 2050
    PS4 NA
    IGN:Cerahla

Clan: defiance TV
    JOIN US

PSA: This thread was left open for the specific intention of creating disharmony among us. Don't be pawns.
    But have you noticed who's doing the stirring, damn poodle walkers at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Cougar View Post
    Nice try.

I'll refer to my earlier post here. Where's the like button?

Defiance 2050
    PS4 NA

JOIN US

I'm actually looking forward to the Supreme weapons. I've got all the guns, shields, etc. that I want and when you get to that point it's kind of boring. I'm very happy they decided that we could change our current guns to this, unlike what they did when they basically made all current guns obsolete by introducing 5 and 6 roll guns and all the previous guns were 3 and 4 roll guns. That was like in '13 or '14, can't remember, I've been playing this for so long.

Consortium has always been an elite clan. There is nothing wrong with that. CORE was much the same way.

Many Consortium members are paying players, and I would not have it any other way.

It should not be about agreeing or disagreeing with recent developments, or whether these changes are going to affect you directly.

It should be about what is best for Defiance. It should be about supporting your fellow players.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman Joe View Post
    I'm actually looking forward to the Supreme weapons. I've got all the guns, shields, etc. that I want and when you get to that point it's kind of boring. I'm very happy they decided that we could change our current guns to this, unlike what they did when they basically made all current guns obsolete by introducing 5 and 6 roll guns and all the previous guns were 3 and 4 roll guns. That was like in '13 or '14, can't remember, I've been playing this for so long.
    Not seeing a need for them myself, but the new team is clearly handling it better than the old one was. I still think the game needs bugfixes and doesn't need a new rarity tier. But I appreciate Rashere paying attention and essentially making possible what was supposedly not possible.

Many Consortium members are paying players, and I would not have it any other way.
    Firstly, thank you for your kind words elsewhere. But I need to address the insane superstition that only whales or uber leet hardcore farmers with no lives can become rich in Defiance.

My income is probably average compared to most people in this thread, but my budget for this game nowadays is limited to subs and the occasional clan boost. So my wife and I spend about $20/mo on this game. We pay for this game by going out to dinner 3 times a month instead of 4. Or to think of it another way, I spend more money on gasoline than I do on Defiance, and I don't even drive to work. And between the two of us we have over 11,000 arkforge saved, all of it gained pretty much since March and none of it bought from the bit store (During which time I spent maybe 3,000 forge from my earnings, while about 5,000 was gained simply by collecting Patron boxes, so roughly 9000 earned/20 weeks=450/wk combined earnings by two people across all our toons, about half of which came from daily coops and the rest from expeditions* and rep/key boxes). This while both holding down jobs and running a medium sized clan (I wish I got paid arkforge for mediating interpersonal disputes...). All because, while we didn't know that supreme weapons were coming, we suspected we would some day need lots of AF and not want to pay the prices in the bit store. Frugality is not rocket science.

*Patron gives you enough HRs that you won't ever need to buy them from the bit store if you actually know what you're doing in the expedition.

At first I had no opinion about this change, but now I'm in favor of it by default simply because of the amount of nonsense being spewed against it. Where were you people when spinal tap came out? That was waaay more p2w than this.

Can't afford patron because you have more time than money? You can circumvent the cap simply by leveling alts. Despite the broken pursuit system, leveling to 5k in this game is really easy (it's 6k that's a complete and utter PITA). If y'all really play as much as you claim to, you also get more contracts, more cores, and more arkforge (more chimera + more keys = more forge). Even without Patron, I could make 1,250 AF a week under the new system simply by playing my 5k+ chars, assuming I had the time, which I don't. Is actually spending the arkforge slightly more difficult? Maybe, but you can easily stash the alt's for rarity upgrades and spend the main's to do mastery hell. If you can't even find one person you trust to transfer the items, I'm gonna quote our friends the 99ers, "You fail!"

If you're too lazy to even make it to 5k, get your clannies to bring your lowbie on expert runs, then do the same for them later. Bring Big Boomers.

If you're too lazy to even do that, by all means, please, rage moar.

Dixie Cougar & Solicea, HAWT (Husband And Wife Team) | Consortium (PCNA) Leader & Founder | Est. July 2013

It should be about what is best for Defiance. It should be about supporting your fellow players.

This.

Seems many patron holders have a "I've got mine, so screw you" attitude.

Defiance 2050
    PS4 NA

JOIN US

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Cougar View Post
    At first I had no opinion about this change, but now I'm in favor of it by default simply because of the amount of nonsense being spewed against it. Where were you people when spinal tap came out? That was waaay more p2w than this.
    Shoooot, I still get residual frustration from the $100 legendary weapon they tried to sell on the Bit Store. xD

Quote Originally Posted by heartbreak_courier View Post
    Shoooot, I still get residual frustration from the $100 legendary weapon they tried to sell on the Bit Store. xD
    Haha, that wasn't even pay to win. That was pay to lose. Call me crazy, but sometimes I think that's actually the better model of the two from a balance standpoint.

But I can see why people would find it annoying, because it did give whales a potential edge. This, on the other hand, does nothing of the sort.

Unless buying a Patron Pass makes one a whale--if people seriously think that, I got nothin'.

Closed Thread