Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    dont run in front of event pts is not live one thats why peeps like mee still stay in live server we are protected from like one man thinks cuz one man thinks goes to pts then they collect data than they think shuld wee land it to live??
    i decided to tefresh my signature we have to walk along with time
    in game star : BLAMING TRION (nickname was changed i was CRIMEFIGHTER USER befre trion made mk2 patch sleep tight in grave cf ( it does not means i will not use it it means its imposible to farm cf ))
    clan name due to respect ( whats left of it ) to trion ill not post it in forum how ever if anyone dares to be brave to bring around our clan name we always culd use some fresh meat

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Bahamut3 View Post
    The issue is they are giving the AF currency more versatility, but making it hard to accumulate any sizable amount to do anything with. I don't think the idea needs to be scrapped, just modified. 250AF a week is setting the bar a bit low to drive up PP sales.
    I think this it's a preventive action to avoid high level players to get supreme weapons instantly on release. They will destroy their af reserves then lower the prices or add new functionality with af.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Bahamut3 View Post
    The issue is they are giving the AF currency more versatility, but making it hard to accumulate any sizable amount to do anything with. I don't think the idea needs to be scrapped, just modified. 250AF a week is setting the bar a bit low to drive up PP sales.
    AF being relatively hard to get has been a problem for a long time. Hence why I saved so much of it.

And like I keep telling people, if you're going to spend anything in the bit store, spend it on inventory and PP. The sub is a really good deal. People can't expect to get everything they want while doing whatever they want, all for free.

500 AF would probably be better than 250 AF if the goal is to clamp down only on farmers, though.

Dixie Cougar & Solicea, HAWT (Husband And Wife Team) | Consortium (PCNA) Leader & Founder | Est. July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuacky View Post
    I think this it's a preventive action to avoid high level players to get supreme weapons instantly on release. They will destroy their af reserves then lower the prices or add new functionality with af.
    Haha, I was going to hold off simply because of potential bugs.

Dixie Cougar & Solicea, HAWT (Husband And Wife Team) | Consortium (PCNA) Leader & Founder | Est. July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Cougar View Post
    Haha, I was going to hold off simply because of potential bugs.
    This I HIGHLY recommend this. When this patch goes live I will log off for a week and wait for the dust the settle by just watching the reactions online.

Chat system version 1 - Worked on PTS.

Chat system version 1 released to the live environment - Completely FUBAR.

Chat system version 2 - Worked on PTS.

Chat system version 2 released to the live environment - Completely FUBAR.

Chat system version 3 - Worked on PTS.

Chat system version 3 released to the live environment - Completely FUBAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Amack View Post
    Alright, so the alpha testers are not happy with how the new chat is performing. That tells me *some* things, but not all yet.

Does this mean that the chat performs better on a closed local network with a test server?
    Does this mean that the chat is buggy all over, no matter how the game is played?
    Did they release it on the test server, to get an idea of how it would perform in real world scenarios?
    Did they release it on the test server, to break the news to people early that it might not be all it is cooked up to be?
    Did they release it on the test server, to try and jump ahead of the problems and give themselves some time to come up with quick fixes to encountered problems?

This is your 3rd try Trion... at this point I am beginning to think, the chat is not the problem. The problem more so seems to be, your implementation of the chat into the engine itself?

There are a large amount of questions that could be asked about the chat system specifically.
    Maybe we will get lucky and get answers to some of them.
    Dahanese responded to that... they found the problem... it went live and still did not work. What did they do? They monitored me and waited for me to figure out what the problem was.

I now ask the players, what is the major difference between PTS and Live?

I now ask Defiance management, how much development time was wasted on these 3 versions of chat when the first one would have most likely worked, if you had just thought it out?

#LoveDefianceMgmt
    #PatienceWearingThin

Edit: I did not help you fix the chat system and the shadow war memory leak so you could take further advantage of your players! Stop now, before it costs someone their job.

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to PM a member of the Community Team.

Thank you!