+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What are the optimal rolls on an AR

I have a general question. When looking at an orange AR what are the rolls you are looking for that would optimize its trade value?
    White-
    Blue-
    Purple-
    Orange-

Do you want damage to be the Orange roll? Recoil in purple, crit in blue????

I'm just trying to understand so no one sells me garbage...

I myself would go with:

Recoil/ROF/DMG
    Mag
    Crit
    5% health damage/EGO on crit
    ROF/DMG

For my perfect VBI AR.

The best nanos are thought to be radiation and bio but fire, and syphon to an extent, work well too for PvE.
    Proud officer of the PC EU clan AnGeL oF DeaTh.

"七転び八起き" - If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Me at getting an OJ from an arkfall.

IGN: HappyJappy

depends what you wanna do with it?

a pvp ar will look different to a pve ar will look different to a RAD nano AR will look different to a bio ar ect ect.

my favorite rolled AR is
    Gren syn

recoil
    fire rate
    crit
    ego on crit
    damage

has very high damage out put and is exactally 0 recoil with those stats, only down side is it's bio which i would want:

recoil
    mag
    damage
    ego on reload (or armour peno with new rolls)
    fire rate

It depends on the AR.

For a VBI AR, i would go for DMG, then Crit, Mag and personally i prefer Recoil over accuracy. DMG mastery is recommended.

For a Blast Rifle, i'd personally go DMG, Recoil, Mag, and then whatever other roll. Crit is not very useful in this one, as it is not an accuracy weapon. But it has a lot of annoying recoil, so it definitely needs a lot of recoil reduction. DMG mastery is recommended aswell.

PC NA: Ivan Danko - Danko's Weapon Shop

A lot has to do with person preference. On an AR, Im looking for reloads first, dmg second. When I ran nothing but Saws (prior to the stupid change to Preparedness perk), I looked at recoil first then fire rate...most everyone else is looking at high crit/dmg.

I picked up what seems to be a pretty good VOT Mazu Blast Rifle in a drop (surprising based on all the crap I read on this forum concerning RNG system). I will have to go back and look at the specifics again but know for a fact it had DMG in Orange slot and EGO something in the purple slot. The other rolls I will have to look at again. This is the first good drop I have gotten in awhile and I'm thinking about putting T5 mods on it (if I can find them) since it has a backpack synergy and I'm not tied to any specific syn mods.

I have 2 I would never trade:

"Bobbi Sue"
    VBI AR Stalker Natural Radition T4'd Ext Rec, ***. Scope, Powerbore, Fast Act. Reloader

Mastery-Dmg
    Mag
    Mag
    Dmg
    Ego on Reload
    Dmg

"Beauty"
    BHAR Purge Incendiary T4'd Ext Rec, ***. Scope, Powerbore, High Cap

Mastery-Dmg
    Acc
    Acc
    Dmg
    Ego on Reload
    Dmg

They both hit for 5551 without rig enhancement. Love these guns.
    "It is what it is..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    I can assure you that we care deeply about Defiance.
    PSN-rebtattoo
    PS3na IGN-Reb Aingeal
    187 Syndicate

PS4 IGN - Reb

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyRhtHander View Post
    I picked up what seems to be a pretty good VOT Mazu Blast Rifle in a drop (surprising based on all the crap I read on this forum concerning RNG system). I will have to go back and look at the specifics again but know for a fact it had DMG in Orange slot and EGO something in the purple slot. The other rolls I will have to look at again. This is the first good drop I have gotten in awhile and I'm thinking about putting T5 mods on it (if I can find them) since it has a backpack synergy and I'm not tied to any specific syn mods.
    T5 mods are found in the Chimera and Paradise vendors. They require 10 cores per mod.
    "It is what it is..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    I can assure you that we care deeply about Defiance.
    PSN-rebtattoo
    PS3na IGN-Reb Aingeal
    187 Syndicate

PS4 IGN - Reb

I got a three accuracy rolled vot pulsar fully modded t3 scavenger, that baby took me forever to get the t3 mods from solecpter vendor. But is it a bugged gun because it has white,green,and blue accuracy rolls.Love the gun though because of the hell i had to go through to get rep to mod it.

Little baby packs a punch though even in pvp? But the same three rolls?