+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Former Defiance Community Manager Sledgehammer70's Avatar

An Introduction to Defiance Contracts

Have your surpassed an EGO rating of 250? You're going to want to check out my newest blog article! Get the full details on in game Contracts here: http://community.defiance.com/en/201...nce-contracts/
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer

Thanks dude, will check it out, I have almost finished all side missions, shame I didn't bother researching it earlier

500% CRIT PISTOL : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GF9d5a4lAI (Elite Dark Matter)
    HELLBUG MONARCH GUIDE (20 Second Kill) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sDFE...=youtube_gdata

but i dont see "activate contract"?

So the contracts system appears very bugged aswell.

- Contracts are always "active".
    - At random times I gain items for the contracts without even doing anything and sometimes I don't get credit for the kills.
    - Contracts seem to reset at random times and get locked out longer/shorter then the mentioned reset time.

Same here. My contracts say complete but they're not resetting so that I can do them again.
    Version: PC
    IGN: Hardstyle
    Clan:
    47th Legion
    Title: Pale Wars Ronin

Former Defiance Community Manager Sledgehammer70's Avatar
    Contracts reset daily or weekly.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer

I have had quite a few bugs with contracts since I started doing them. Sometimes I get the complete pop up but in the goals screen they don't show complete. Also I had the weeklies change today without ever completing the old weeklies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
    Contracts reset daily or weekly.
    Doesn't seem to be the case for daily contracts. Right now for example, I need to kill 20 99er's in mine 99. I've completed this contract like 10 times in a row. Every time I complete this, it resets itself as soon as I leave or finish mine 99. Reputation doesn't reset though.

Same for my PvP daily contract. Each time I complete it, I get a new one straight away.
    My YouTube - MrVuule
    I like to Vuul me some!

PS3 Defiance Gameplay, Guides & More in HD.

Yeah, contracts may randomly reset. I had that with both weekly and daily.

My main problem though is that several Top Notch contracts require joining a coop. That cannot be intended as there is a specific Coop faction where these belong.

The offered goods are not very attractive anyway. Mostly because the synergies suck. "Preparedness"? Hello! Please fix ammo drops.

The Contracts themselves need a serious go-round with Design (not QA).

For example : today there is a Contract to kill mutants at radio towers in Mount Tam. Anyone who is EGO 250+ and thus eligible for contracts has almost certainly done the KTAM radio quest series. Once you finish that series the mutants no longer spawn at KTAM or any of the Radio Towers and so you cannot kill them for the quest. The only chance you have to complete this contract is to wait at a radio tower for someone lower level to come along and trigger the spawn...

San Francisco is currently "off limits" until the first content patch (there is Mass Effect like reaper guarding the bridge) and so the contracts that require mobs be killed in San Fran are impossible in this initial release

These are not 'bugs' they are principle flaws of Design.