+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2 Major Bumps PVP or Team Evolution

I have over 1000 hrs playing Defiance now which is 5x more than any of my other games. This not only due to the complexity and diversity of the game but mostly because of the comradeship of my clan Team Evolution. Compared to many of the clan I am still a newbie in many aspects of the game. The leaders and many of the members will not only take the time to explain how-tos and best ways to practice and develop skills but also some of them have taken on the task of storing the high end weapons shields and mods that players are done with or choose not to use so that other members of the clan can use them. We don't sell our top notch weapons we give them to other members. Trading is not even encouraged as helping others is the mode of the clan. Also if a member is found to be a hacker or if they are abusive to other players, they are kicked out of the clan. We also frown upon spawn camping.
    It is only because of these mostly mature and kind people that I have learned to play Player Verses Player and over the last 4 months have been developing some good skills at it. But I am up against a couple of real Kill Joys in the game and many are thinking of quitting all together.
    #1, People will use hacks to make themselves nearly impossible to kill or give them super powers to kill you, often purchased through hack sites and there is little use in playing against them.
    #2, Defiance supplies a few ridiculously powerful weapons to a lucky few or to those who I have heard paid crazy amount of $s for them. Weapons that enable the owners to one shot kill you while your running in full sprint and tumbling in Blur sometimes from a ridiculously long distance while they themselves are running an jumping also. A few players have Detonators that allow the them to destroy your entire team with one clip just by landing shots near us while we are running 100 meters apart from each other. This makes the game no-fun to play unless of course you have one of the weapons. Some people have Shields that I have dumped a full clip of a 5000+ ego rating powerful fully modded OJ Blast rifle into the back of a their heads, only for them to turn and one shot me with out the appearance of me leaving a scratch on their shield. So when these people that have these weapons or hacks are in the game it makes it quite crapy for the majority of the other players.
    I think if Trion is going supply supper weapons a shields to a rare few then they should also create an Island that these weapons can only be used on as they ruin the PVP part of the game for everyone else.

Yawn. Post started well then Yawn.

I just like "Two Major Bumps". I'm just gonna pretend Fergie posted this.

http://www.texarcana.com/
    It's not the bullet with my name on it that worries me. It's the one that says, "To whom it may concern".

Oh mighty wall of text,... I beseech thee
    They say most of your brain shuts down on the Defiance forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

"If I don't shoot, repair, or screw something in the next few minutes, we're gonna have a problem."

The Four Cats of Defiance The Perfect Crimefighter Exchange Warriors

PCMR/NA
    IGN: 12Gaige Ego: 6000
    Clan: Krayola Kingdom

PS my favorite supper weapon is the spork.

Dixie Cougar & Solicea, HAWT (Husband And Wife Team) | Consortium (PCNA) Leader & Founder | Est. July 2013

So in summary you are tired of pay to win and hackers? that's what I got from that entire wall of text.

Helpful hints, paragraph breaks, punctuation really help get a point across. Even using a phone on this site.

But Defiance (an most MMOs) have always been pay to win for the most part. You want the best gear? You can either grind and grind and maybe get what you want, or you can pay money to get what you want in a few minutes..... Most people would rather spend money.

I'm sure if you had $100 to blow on maximizing your weapons you would do it. So best advice I can say is adapt your tactics because Trion isn't going to change PVP for anyone but themselves. It would be best to make pre-made load outs like some PVP games do to even the odds. But as long as games have data connections you'll always get people who hack games to make themselves better. Its stupid but it happens.

It really comes down to Pay 2 Win, Grind 2 Win, or Hack 2 Win. Which one will you choose?
    Maps are just backwards Spam

My Priorities in Order: Protecting my loved ones, Saving Mankind from Evil, Pizza

(and I oscillate on the saving the mankind thing)

My "Legendary" Loadout - "Spray and Blind"
    OverCharge
    Castithan Weaver BMG
    Defiant Few Crimefighter
    Shrill Grenade

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKnight019 View Post
    So in summary you are tired of pay to win and hackers? that's what I got from that entire wall of text.

Helpful hints, paragraph breaks, punctuation really help get a point across. Even using a phone on this site.

But Defiance (an most MMOs) have always been pay to win for the most part. You want the best gear? You can either grind and grind and maybe get what you want, or you can pay money to get what you want in a few minutes..... Most people would rather spend money.

I'm sure if you had $100 to blow on maximizing your weapons you would do it. So best advice I can say is adapt your tactics because Trion isn't going to change PVP for anyone but themselves. It would be best to make pre-made load outs like some PVP games do to even the odds. But as long as games have data connections you'll always get people who hack games to make themselves better. Its stupid but it happens.

It really comes down to Pay 2 Win, Grind 2 Win, or Hack 2 Win. Which one will you choose?
    there is no grind to win
    ign: final rest and tat00sh
    psn: kryhavoc123

Quote Originally Posted by Pumkinmonkey View Post
    I have over 1000 hrs playing Defiance now which is 5x more than any of my other games. This not only due to the complexity and diversity of the game but mostly because of the comradeship of my clan Team Evolution. Compared to many of the clan I am still a newbie in many aspects of the game. The leaders and many of the members will not only take the time to explain how-tos and best ways to practice and develop skills but also some of them have taken on the task of storing the high end weapons shields and mods that players are done with or choose not to use so that other members of the clan can use them. We don't sell our top notch weapons we give them to other members. Trading is not even encouraged as helping others is the mode of the clan. Also if a member is found to be a hacker or if they are abusive to other players, they are kicked out of the clan. We also frown upon spawn camping.
    It is only because of these mostly mature and kind people that I have learned to play Player Verses Player and over the last 4 months have been developing some good skills at it. But I am up against a couple of real Kill Joys in the game and many are thinking of quitting all together.
    #1, People will use hacks to make themselves nearly impossible to kill or give them super powers to kill you, often purchased through hack sites and there is little use in playing against them.
    #2, Defiance supplies a few ridiculously powerful weapons to a lucky few or to those who I have heard paid crazy amount of $s for them. Weapons that enable the owners to one shot kill you while your running in full sprint and tumbling in Blur sometimes from a ridiculously long distance while they themselves are running an jumping also. A few players have Detonators that allow the them to destroy your entire team with one clip just by landing shots near us while we are running 100 meters apart from each other. This makes the game no-fun to play unless of course you have one of the weapons. Some people have Shields that I have dumped a full clip of a 5000+ ego rating powerful fully modded OJ Blast rifle into the back of a their heads, only for them to turn and one shot me with out the appearance of me leaving a scratch on their shield. So when these people that have these weapons or hacks are in the game it makes it quite crapy for the majority of the other players.
    I think if Trion is going supply supper weapons a shields to a rare few then they should also create an Island that these weapons can only be used on as they ruin the PVP part of the game for everyone else.

LMAO.

#1. "Hackers" in pvp are almost nonexistent, ironically, I've seen a few do it for pve ( flying over the mountain and 1 shotting their foot with a battle rifle to clear an entire room of mobs )
    #2. If detonators are "owning" you that badly then you might want to reconsider how you play or better yet, do you have blast shield equiped?
    #3. I'm sorry, did you say Team Evo taught you how to PvP? The last time I've seen them PvP, most are just running around with a guided rocket launcher and hiding.
    #4. Do you even have nano resists perks and gear? Are you using a high capacity shield?
    #5. Most of these "supper" equipment that you mention of can be attained by anyone irregardless of "pay to win". Put in the time to farm for mods or gear during events or even just warmaster ( LOL lets be realistic, considering team evo likes to run around with BMGs there, you can probably forget about efficiently farming this )

#9000 I run around PvP when I'm bored with a 1600 ego character with basic blue gear thats very common during events and have little to no trouble killing 6000 ego players, often having a 3 to 4 kill to 1 death ratio.

You clearly haven't been taught how to PvP. Hit me up when I'm around then you can get a proper schooling
    http://s14.postimg.org/qsk7y6yjl/banner1.png

Quote Originally Posted by final rest View Post
    there is no grind to win
    Yes there is.
    I can testify.
    I have never bought a box from bitstore. Just patiently waited for the right drops.
    My Clan mates have helped me get my weaponry fitted out properly.
    I never feel outmatched...outplayed yes. Outmatched no.
    http://www.texarcana.com/
    It's not the bullet with my name on it that worries me. It's the one that says, "To whom it may concern".