+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Weapon damage calculation and weapon card question

I was just wondering whether the methods of calculating weapon damage, from old threads, are still valid?

E.g.,base dmg*rarity*dmg mod *dmg mastery and so on and so forth, but now having to take into consideration recent updates like rigs and supreme tiers.

I ask because when I compare two identical weapons (both named, same ego, same mastery) save for barrel dmg differences (7% vs 9%) and rarity dmg difference (one is OJ at 12% and the other is supreme at 15%), I can't account for the disparity between the two damage values even taking those differences into consideration.

Is there an innate dmg bonus to supreme weapons, say around 5-6%?

On a related note, are the jackpot descriptions accurate? I know there was a thread on Sting and its magazine size not too long ago, so I'll use that as an example. I have one supremed with a T5 power bore, but no damage mastery, at 6k ego. Its damage is at 4987, with smg skills maxed and rig equipped.

How is the one depicted at 5238 dmg, even with dmg mastery? Is the player's rig equipped with nothing but mag and damage chips?

Thanks!
    xbox 360 NA - GT: peter1187 In-game: petero

Favorite weapons: The Enforcer , Death's Kiss , Laynard , Azathoth

If I'm not mistaken, weapon damage calculations are now additive. For example, an AR with OJ damage and a T5 damage mod will do base damage x (1.12+0.11).

EDIT: old +mag rolls are calulated after mods so a 10 mag shotgun with +5 roll and a 1.4 mag mod will be 10 x 1.4 +5.
    Proud officer of the PC EU clan AnGeL oF DeaTh.

"七転び八起き" - If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Me at getting an OJ from an arkfall.

IGN: HappyJappy

Quote Originally Posted by kettlecooked View Post
    How is the one depicted at 5238 dmg, even with dmg mastery? Is the player's rig equipped with nothing but mag and damage chips?
    I suspect the Sting when pictured was in inventory while player had equipped a fully modded Saturnalia gun (hence the 5% DMG difference) and yes they must of had some mag chips in rig.

NA PC 6K+ | DPS Calc (Beta) | The WM Guide | My Trade Thread
    An Example of Gun Crafting. From Epic to Supreme
    I drink and I know things. That's what I do. Valar Dohaeris

Rolls, rarity bonus, barrel, and mastery actually seem to work parallel to each other, instead of additive

Like: white base weapon damage + (white weapon base damage * 0.15 oj dmg rarity bonus) + (common dmg * 0.03dmg encryption bonus) + (common dmg * 0.12 oj dmg) + (common dmg * 0.11dmg powerbore) + (common dmg * 0.05dmg mastery) = card dmg, with each damage increase figured seperately then all of those increases added together

And rig damage chips, IIRC, are applied after all of the above: displayed card dmg * rig dmg chips total

----

& the way happyjappy described mag rolls is also the same kinda effect... all mag bonuses figured seperately from base mag then added together. For example a 7 base mag crimefighter with orange x2.0 mag and a tier 5 shot pod... only gets 3 more mag from that tier 5 shot pod, because again - everything's figured separately from base mag *then* all the additions are added to get the final mag size

Hi, I'm a daily player and programmer. I built this real quick based on some other posts I've seen (which I added to the top of the form. I'd be interested in refining it and adding to it. If there are/were others out there I can host them too. Everything is in the code so you can see what I'm doing. Check it out and make suggestions, I'll continue to pluck away at it.

http://acel-watford.com/dotdefiance/defiance_dot.php

Quote Originally Posted by Tullman View Post
    Hi, I'm a daily player and programmer. I built this real quick based on some other posts I've seen (which I added to the top of the form. I'd be interested in refining it and adding to it. If there are/were others out there I can host them too. Everything is in the code so you can see what I'm doing. Check it out and make suggestions, I'll continue to pluck away at it.

http://acel-watford.com/dotdefiance/defiance_dot.php
    Nice work I will admit but you should have made a new thread instead of necroing an old one from 2 years ago this would be a good addition to the game guides section

Thanks, I'm a forum noob. I went looking for others out of curiosity and this post was closest to the source. I'll repost. Cheers

Hey Tullman Good Job... just wanted to let you know that in Logain's Signature he has a link to two other DPS calculators one regular and one Beta that have been the long standing staple for DPS calculators for Defiance.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...H14/edit#gid=4

and

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=261776774

I posted about a year ago for DPS calculator links and apparently any other ones that existed were private ones that have since disappeared. But perhaps if you take a look at these two you can use them to compare the DPS they come up with for any inconsistencies with your/theirs but regretfully at this time those would be your only resources for comparison. Great work btw!
    "The only way to beat the RNG is to... Hit it, Repeatedly, Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and OVER again until it spits out whatever it is you want@!!!... Or pay someone else who has!"

"Never argue with an idiot... they bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!" - Samuel Clemens

Amazing! Thank you!!

Humm, I've done my best to absorb those calcs but when I look at the math portion on the sheet Ttot and Sustained DPS are being revised 3 times each. Are these variations that get used depending on the input values. My calculations thus far as not lining up to the Sheets (close though). I'm assuming that 'Time to empty clip' is a perceptual observation or is there a way to calc that based on fire rate and clip size. Cheers