+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Frustration and suggestion

Started a Major Hulker Hell arkfall from the first spawn all the way to near end of the final battle. Randomly got a critical error, logged back in and I'm on a different server. So not only did I lose all of my score, but also any chance of a reward from that event. Its not fair to players who put in the time to play through the entire arkfall to not get rewards if they immediately log back in.

Suggestion would be to place the player who disconnected back onto the server they left from or to reward them for their efforts.

it's really discouraging to put so much time and work into something and get nothing in return.

Side notes: I like the event, arkbreaks is a cool installment to this. Synergy is good. But, RNG, always the issue I know. It's terrible. We don't get rewards base on skill. It's based on a lottery. The amusing part is I've had better luck with the lottery in real life than RNG in Defiance.
    ”We don’t become who we dream of if we don’t face our demons. If we shun what conceals us we go blind to that which frees us.” PS4/PC/PTS Markeen D13-2050 BLOODLINES clan founder.

I kind of feel your pain but, I've been playing since day one.

Trion has made a GIGANTIC leap forward in giving us some rewards when we disconnect. That didn't use to happen.

As for the phase issue; expand your friends list outside of your clan. You get placed in clan heavy shards when you log-in.
    Xbox NA: xlxJackxlx

Xbox EU: Jaclyn

GT: xlll Jack lllx

TP to a friend. Have people call out majors. It's very easy to get back to them.

I have a fairly large friends list on Defiance. 3 ppl were at Alcatraz, 2 were in an expedition the rest were either in my phase or in an Arkbreak. -_-
    ”We don’t become who we dream of if we don’t face our demons. If we shun what conceals us we go blind to that which frees us.” PS4/PC/PTS Markeen D13-2050 BLOODLINES clan founder.

I have a better suggestion drop more than 2majors every 6 hours. Run the event on all shards and people won't have to hop.

Quote Originally Posted by wjssmith View Post
    I have a better suggestion drop more than 2majors every 6 hours. Run the event on all shards and people won't have to hop.
    I was logged in earlier today and crushed 5 majors and 1.5 minors (dc'd) in less than 3 hours, even managed to get some freight yard time in too. PS3 NA...just like you. If you're not finding more than 2 majors in 6 hours then I'd recommend what everybody else has said...expand friends list and get everyone to call out everything.

I think that people should have to hop. This encourages people to interact and thus the multiplayer aspect of "MMO". The social aspect of the game is as important, if not more so, than the playing of the game. Just my opinion though.
    PS3 NA

Quote Originally Posted by Mrdr View Post
    I was logged in earlier today and crushed 5 majors and 1.5 minors (dc'd) in less than 3 hours, even managed to get some freight yard time in too. PS3 NA...just like you. If you're not finding more than 2 majors in 6 hours then I'd recommend what everybody else has said...expand friends list and get everyone to call out everything.

I think that people should have to hop. This encourages people to interact and thus the multiplayer aspect of "MMO". The social aspect of the game is as important, if not more so, than the playing of the game. Just my opinion though.
    lol, yea ideally that might work. Except, having had a bad experience with people turning out to be console hackers(chipped) farmers and exploiters I have stopped adding people to my friends list.

Edit: Additonally, if shard hopping was a legitimite tactic there would be a "function" for it; similar to logging out.

lol, yea ideally that might work. Except, having had a bad experience with people turning out to be console hackers(chipped) farmers and exploiters I have stopped adding people to my friends list.

Edit: Additonally, if shard hopping was a legitimite tactic there would be a "function" for it; similar to logging out.
    The go to friend option isn't a legitimate tactic?

Sounds like you had some bad luck with some ****ty people...that sucks for sure. But luckily those kinds of people are an extreme minority friends m what I can tell. You should trust again...you'll have more fun.

And Kon is right...the Go to friend option and Go to leader option are legitimate functions...especially when combined with the clan/group chat feature.
    PS3 NA

Of course it is. But we are not talking about "joining you're friends" or "clan mates" to play the game. We are talking about a systematic plan to spread out on as many "shards" as possible for the sole purpose of "farming" the major holiday events. Don't get me wrong, I can see the attractiveness of the ploy, considering the lack of majors on the individual shards. However, that doesn't make it legitimate, merely "necessary". Lol, not that i am condemning it, I just don't think it should be necessary to complete the events or other content.