+ Reply to Thread

Earth Republic: Civil War

So with Defiance the show done (possibly for good) I've started an online series about Earth Republic exploits following the destruction of New York. For now its called "Earth Republic: Civil War" but that could change.

It is based around the city of Boston run by Senator Davannya Dhon (who you may remember from the Gunslinger Trials DLC) who was out of New York at the time. Many other characters from the game and show make an appearance including Captain Grant, Ara Shondu, Jon Cooper, Eren Niden, Amanda Rosewater, Irisa Nyira and Meh Yewll. I stay away from anything about Nolan or major events in Defiance.

There are four factions rebuilding the Earth Republic - Dhon's group who want it to be based on the same ideals as the past, the Terrestrian Party - run by Ambassador Mueller (mentioned in the show, who was similarly out of New York), The Texas Battalion - those E-Rep troops stationed in Amarillo who want a more militaristic approach and the Black Hawks - run by Noah Grant.

We also have the VC making plays in North America, a Volge attack, travel to a parallel reality, Echelon expanding, ventures into the remains of New York with mutated New Yorkers (including President Nelson Miles), the Thorn Liro, an old VC endgame weapon and the arrival of a lost Ark.

More details to come.

So what are you going to do with this world you are creating? Are you going to write a novel, or have shot story submissions set in it? Are you going to have an RPG set in it, like we have outside these forums and cited below? Are you going to do a online video series? Sounds exciting, but I'm just not sure what you mean by online series!

GL with it whatever way you go!
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.

William Shakespeare

Belle Starr is on PC/NA. Her story is on the Defiance RP Forum http://defiancerpforum.freeforums.net/ & Belle Starr Short Stories on Defiance Data! It's a FUN read! If you see her patrolling the highways and byways of Paradise in her white Challenger, say howdy!

Quote Originally Posted by Belle Starr View Post
    So what are you going to do with this world you are creating? Are you going to write a novel, or have shot story submissions set in it? Are you going to have an RPG set in it, like we have outside these forums and cited below? Are you going to do a online video series? Sounds exciting, but I'm just not sure what you mean by online series!

GL with it whatever way you go!
    Ideally, it would be a live action series, but as I am not a millionaire it seems unlikely. Right now I'm working on the first "story" and fleshing out characters and ideas. I'd like to have a visual element in it, a kind of web comic thing with extra text. It will be episodic in nature but with an overall arc to each season and an overall arc over multiple seasons.

Maybe even put up a website (or just an extension on the defiance wiki) where all the information can be found.

Oh and if anyone would like to help out, pitch a story idea - maybe one of those stand alone episodes etc. or do some artwork, feel free to PM me.

This all sounds great. I am looking forward to hearing/seeing the details in the future.

NA PC 6K+ | DPS Calc (Beta) | The WM Guide | My Trade Thread
    An Example of Gun Crafting. From Epic to Supreme
    I drink and I know things. That's what I do. Valar Dohaeris

Post series history on Boston:

During the Pale Wars, Boston was hit with lots of Votan artillery which destroyed most of the buildings. In 2030 the Votan Arks were destroyed, a Terra-spire crashed near the city and when it activated, a series of earthquakes shook what remained of the city and the last standing skyscraper, the old Federal Reserve Bank Building, dropped over 140 meters into the ground. In 2032 a number of Human and Irathient farmers began inhabiting the region and growing Grazbi, Ditarra plants and Sau-gil in the rich soils. In 2033 the Earth Republic moved into the area, building the Boston Fort in a partially destroyed building that was hit by an Ark fragment.

A number of troops moved into the Fort and began to shut down the rigorous drug trade of the region which led to many of the farmers leaving. New arrivals began to grow a number of other crops as the Earth Republic put all city efforts into building a wall around the Fort. By 2035 the south wall extended from Beacon Hill across Bay Village and through to the South Boston Lagoon and the north wall across West and North End. The Paul Revere Docks were constructed on the site of the New England Aquarium to help facilitate the export of goods to New York.

In 2036 the city had a population of 1,146 and a garrison of 230 troops but an unknown ecological disaster devastated most of the arable land and many of the farmers left, followed by most of the towns people. By 2039 only 132 citizens remained and the Earth Republic cut back the garrisoned troops to 16. In 2041 a Von Bach Industries construction team came to the town, building a research campus at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and began to perform experiments on terraformed materials. In 2043 they announced that a supplement could be seeded in the barren lands to make them usable again but the process would take several years.

The VBI facility was abandoned in 2045 after two years of seeding the soil and no detectable results. The towns population dropped to 89 and the E-Rep pulled out all but 9 troops and sent in Captain Nagaran Suut as the new commander. An Arkfall that landed near the city led to a boom in visitors as the Fort Adams Ark Recovery Team came to investigate and a number of Ark Hunters arrived to salvage what remained. In 2046 President Nelson Miles visited the town pledging a program to turn Boston into the home base for greater E-Rep presence in the north. In 2047 a planning team arrived to begin preparations to turn the Borough of Cambridge into a massive E-Rep research facility but were called away to help deal with problems in New York.

Not long after this New York was destroyed.