+ Reply to Thread

Did the TV series finish their storyline?

My major annoyance in regards to sci-fi shows is that they get cruelly axed before they finish their storyline.

When I learned Defiance has received this treatment, I thought I should check on how much of the story they finished before being pushed onto the chopping block.

Did they manage to finish the plots (major or otherwise) before the final episode of season 3 ended?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    My major annoyance in regards to sci-fi shows is that they get cruelly axed before they finish their storyline.

When I learned Defiance has received this treatment, I thought I should check on how much of the story they finished before being pushed onto the chopping block.

Did they manage to finish the plots (major or otherwise) before the final episode of season 3 ended?
    Sort of. The VC death squad was wiped out, the Omec are gone from Earth, Irisa found some form of closure for what the Kaziri made her do, Datak and Stahma reconciled with Alak, Stahma and Amanda reconciled, Defiance is safe.

Really the only open ended story was Nolan and Yewll being sent off into space.

Quote Originally Posted by Escyos View Post
    Sort of. The VC death squad was wiped out, the Omec are gone from Earth, Irisa found some form of closure for what the Kaziri made her do, Datak and Stahma reconciled with Alak, Stahma and Amanda reconciled, Defiance is safe.

Really the only open ended story was Nolan and Yewll being sent off into space.
    Unless they plan to start a new series with just Nolan, Yewll, and the omec that part is wrapped up too. The ship was implied to be sublight just like the Arks so Nolan and company are years down the timeline in the last scene. It is not as if they could simply turn around and head back to earth to take up where they left off.
    Active on PC-NA, PC-EU, and recently PTS

I kind of got the feeling like they knew it was going to be cancelled because they attempted to wrap things up. The minute the main characters starting being killed off I got kind of suspicious. They did wrap it up, but if felt in haste. I suppose I was looking for more time with it, but it was just enough I guess.

I'm not even sure how they would incorporate a spin off, or another show in the same setting universe but I can't see that happening either. Was always looking for the connections with the show to the game and always expecting ark hunters to be more abundant, so that the players felt more immersed in the show as well. I never got that feeling though. *shrug*
    The Internet, where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

Quote Originally Posted by BC001 View Post
    Unless they plan to start a new series with just Nolan, Yewll, and the omec that part is wrapped up too. The ship was implied to be sublight just like the Arks so Nolan and company are years down the timeline in the last scene. It is not as if they could simply turn around and head back to earth to take up where they left off.
    Considering the ship jumped from Earth to Mars to Jupiter and to Saturn in a matter of minutes, I'd say that the ship is capable of faster than light travel. The ship took 70 years to travel 19.6 light years from Gliese 783 but as we know it arrived at Earth underpowered so with a fuel tank maybe it can travel very fast.