+ Reply to Thread

Plea to Trion: Screenshot feature.

I'm posting this in hopes that it will reach the people involved in making Defiance an even better game, I though I'd make an "official" request to add a screenshot feature to the game. Meaning that there should be an option to bind a key to take screenshots in game and have them saved to a 'Screenshots' folder in the games main folder on your PC.

To my knowledge there is no such feature currently available to us (and the use of the prt.scr key on a keyboard and then pasting it in another program to save it isn't really viable in my opinion because it requires people to tab on and do that every single time they want a screenshot.)

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see something like this added to the game and it'd be great to see others support this in hopes that it'll eventually be added to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MrZeeck View Post
    I'm posting this in hopes that it will reach the people involved in making Defiance an even better game, I though I'd make an "official" request to add a screenshot feature to the game. Meaning that there should be an option to bind a key to take screenshots in game and have them saved to a 'Screenshots' folder in the games main folder on your PC.

To my knowledge there is no such feature currently available to us (and the use of the prt.scr key on a keyboard and then pasting it in another program to save it isn't really viable in my opinion because it requires people to tab on and do that every single time they want a screenshot.)

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see something like this added to the game and it'd be great to see others support this in hopes that it'll eventually be added to the game.
    For the time being, you could use FRAPS for screenshots. Free version does great screenies.

http://www.fraps.com/

Yeah that's a good option for the time being, though I really hope for something official

IMO, the best way to request an addition to the game would be to post in the Suggestion forum. The devs MIGHT see your request over here in General but it's much more likely they will notice it over there. I too like to take screenies and I do use FRAPS.
    Mac - VBI Operative Proud Member of the Friends of Trick Dempsey Association

The few, the proud, the DEFIANT!

You can take screen shots. Just not in Fullscreen. Turn Fullscreen off in the Video Options whenever you want to take a screenshot.

Ah, I completely missed the suggestions section as I did not expect it to be under "gameplay discussion". to me that sounds more like talking about missions. I shall repost in that section instead, thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Feel free to post further comments in the correct thread: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...176#post227176

Thanks