+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Beat Nim first time. Why you say its hard?

So yeah, I was really worried reading all the "OMG NIM IS TO HARD NERF HIM SO I CAN FINISH GAME" threads out there, but then I just played through the game to the boss in question and beat him first try. Didnt even get low health. Why you may ask? Simple While I was playing through the content I made it my point to try and not get hit as much as possible. Sure it didnt matter at the time, but when it did matter later on I knew how to dodge attacks and go in for the kill.

I used a auto shotty and a pistol with a scope on it. Basically, you just move and get out of the way when ever he charges up to do anything. If hes making a powering up sound and spinning in the air. Logic would dictate you get out of there or at least break LOS on the boss. I dont know how anyone didnt beat this boss seriously. There were harder ones in my opinion. One thing is for sure. You can not stand still, and you cant beat this without knowing how to use the roll feature very well. I remaped mine to my thumb button and I have enjoyed it there ever since.

Hah, to think i was so fearful that I even gathered enough scrip to die over 300 times if need be to get the boss down correctly on the first go. If you are having trouble you need to learn how to dodge better, and pay attention to where the boss is, what his cycle is, and what hes doing. If you cant do that.....well I guess you will just have to guess what the ending is.

Devs dont nerf Nim. It might even need a buff to be harder. I would like a elite version of it with a greater reward. Maybe even a whole elite version of every solo dungeon and boss fight. Yes Please! I will say I did enjoy the fight and the ending. They have done well with this first set of quest chain.

this didn't need it's own thread. you aren't a unique snowflake. hopefully this is locked.

congrats; next lesson is why different people find different things hard
    "Here's the plan: We go in, I start hitting people hard in the face, see where it takes us."

Quote Originally Posted by Dixa View Post
    this didn't need it's own thread. you aren't a unique snowflake. hopefully this is locked.
    QFT
    /10 char
    Hysteria A casual Multi Gaming Community is looking for more! Take a look at our site!

Yes, pretty easy I guess. I did him over 3 times because the servers didn't say I finished the quest. Never died so.

Heh, some people are jelly, and ofcourse it needs to be a thread just as much as the people saying its too hard have a thread. I am just excising my rights to discuss how easy it is as they are "discussing" how hard it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevier77 View Post
    Heh, some people are jelly
    of what, exactly? that you downed an easy boss that 99% of the population has killed too?

I agree with the above posters, this isnt worth a thread. maybe you consider this the greatest achievement in your life, for me it was just boringly easy

next time try to actually do something HARD for a change, before bragging about it on the forums

So jelly.....haha

I wasnt even bragging. It was in opposition to all the cant beat Nim-ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevier77 View Post
    Heh, some people are jelly, and ofcourse it needs to be a thread just as much as the people saying its too hard have a thread. I am just excising my rights to discuss how easy it is as they are "discussing" how hard it is.
    Woopty, I beat Nim first try on alpha not using a bmg. Different people have different issues that make parts of games or just games in general difficult for them so they'll complain about different things that challenges them. You are not some almighty person for beating him your first try like myself and threads like this should be deleted.

Have to agree with people, this really does not need a thread. Nim was too easy for that. Now, when you can do a real challenge, like say getting all the "boy" achievements for super meat boy ( PC only ), or say beat dark souls while never leveling up and only using starter gear then we can talk...