+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

This game is dead.

Normally I have 10+ friends online at all times, but since these horrible holidays with horrible synergies I have noticed a decrease in players.

This morning when I got online only one other clan member and 3 friends online.

The only co-ops being played are just a few patron pass players speed running for forge.

Haven't had a warmaster win in months. I go in and see 15+ low egos, less then 700 ego, trying to beat WM with bmgs ,rockets, and pretty much everything horrible.

This winter solstice event doesn't look appetizing to me, only one weapon "Christmass Cannon" looks appealing... but if I received it, it would be rarely used like all my other holiday rockets. They need a much larger ammo pool. Even with patron pass you would run out of ammo in 4 reloads.

i like krampus and frostbite :3 i wonder if 24m will be enough to get them
    Danchou - mdarkraciel

My friends are losing hope with the game and leaving as we haven't had a proper patch to fix some of things many have asked for for some time now.

Too many disconnections recently, current score system sucks by actually showing that you're better of with a low dos weapon to spray at enemies for higher score than someone actually killing the enemies, still nowhere to see the damage you have accumulated, can still only see 15 clan members online on the quick menu Clan when their is clearly 30+ online, this was supposed to be fixed over 2 years ago and is never fixed even though it's been brought up multiple times, still no EGO Cap Raise or any mention of that in a few months even though I'm sure their was a live stream a few months ago talking about this being bumped up a little.

The game needs to improve in some way or players will continue to leave. We need to know if our voices are actually being heard.

Founder of
    "Nuclear Rubber"
    2000+ Members

Message me if you are interested in joining

>>> Saminator's Legendary Store <<<

1.05 shotgun mag boost? REALLY?
    PC/NA&EU, too many toons to list.
    "If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."- Jayne Cobb.
    "Daredevil"

The need for forge has been greatly increased. Re rolling master roll is a joke. I rolled 20% dmg from behind twice out of three tries. That's 300 forge down the drain. The rewards are very poor for forge, so most stop grinding.
    The MMO element is the best part of this game...but what to do? The only new stuff in years is four person. People group up and go into party or group chat, leaving clan chat dead. People come online. Clan chat is dead, they get bored and leave the game. I guess vet's don't find doing the same daily/weeklies for two years fun any more.
    This game needs the forge rewards doubled and new MMO content fast or it is going to be a huge ghost town. The only new content is tied to bit sales. The PVP changes are not going to improve player activity at all. Devs are working hard to make new bit store items, but should be developing better open world content. Who you going to sell those boxes to when all your cash cows find greener pastures? I for one will not buy any more bits. I love this game, but only as a MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Wow this is sad

This is PC version only? Is it just the people that play using steam?

Quote Originally Posted by Skiller115 View Post
    Wow this is sad
    It is, I agree; however, 75%+ of the folks I play with / see regularly use the standalone client and not the Steam client. Don't know how it works for other folks and their friends, but I assume that number could be tripled easily or more for PC. Still not a lot of folks. :\

I am not surprised. Trion was warned a long long time ago.
    http://forums.defiance.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6099394&dateline=1366  511466
    Processor:AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.30GHz Motherboard:AsusTeK M4N98TD EVO Memory:Corsair DDR3 16GB (4X4GB sticks) Graphics:2X NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 Ti 2GB in SLI mode OS:Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1

Wow, you guys must not see many usage charts. This actually shows a fairly healthy game, especially for one going on three years. It shows huge bumps at launch and when season 2 and 3 content came out, followed by a fairly steady average of players. There's actually more people playing now than in February 2013.

Is it fantastic? No, but the game is almost three years old. Every other open world MMO style game on the PS3 and 360 have numbers as low or worse (GTA5 is way more buggy, and its server numbers have fallen off a cliff in recent months).

Be honest, how many games does the average gamer play for three years without moving on? The fact that the baseline usage is actually only down about 20%, when you take out the artificial spikes from new content drops, is actually pretty good for such an old game.

No look, I'm not trying to say everything is rosy here. There are definitely some things I would have done different, but to try to use that spreadsheet as evidence of the game's death shows you really don't know how to read it.