+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How to: Zoom/Scope Toggle and guide to sensitivity increase (toggle or held)

Hello,

There are a lot of concerns over the lack of control features in the game, two of note being no toggle aim and a low sensitivity/deceleration when zoomed.

Here are some tips to help address these issues and make your Defiance playing more enjoyable.

Please note:

A) I've made two versions of the toggle feature. One is for use with Autohotkey stand alone, and the other is for use of both Autohotkey and any rebinding mouse/keyboard software e.g. Keymapper, Razer Synapse etc.

B) The sensitivity feature is for mouse users with the Razer Synapse program (or if your mouse has something similar, use it as a general guide).

Aim toggle (Autohotkey standalone - for users who cannot rebind mouse keys)

1. Download Autohotkey http://l.autohotkey.net/AutoHotkey_L_Install.exe Authotkey is a keyboard/mouse/peripheral script program that has been around for some years. It is entirely legitimate and a very intelligent piece of software.

2a. Install Autohotkey - once installed you do not have to run it as a program. Then download the attachment on this post titled Toggle.zip(if you have Winrar, you can rename .rar, though should not be necessary). Extract it to wherever you desire, then skip to step 3.

Or for manual install/do it yourself :

2b. Install Autohotkey - once installed you do not have to run it as a program. Then right click on your desktop and select New > Text Document.
    In that document space, copy and paste the below :

Rbutton::
    If (Switch := ! Switch)
    Send {Rbutton Down}
    Else
    Send {Rbutton Up}
    Return

Then save the file as Toggle.ahk <----- make sure to change it from .txt to .ahk
    Once this is done you should have a file on your desktop with a "H" for it's icon.

3. Double left click the Toggle.ahk and it will minimize itself to your tray/taskbar as a green "H" icon.
    Enter the game and enjoy your toggle zoom/scope

!!!NEW!!!
    Aim toggle (Autohotkey + remap software[Razer Synapse in this guide])

1. Download Autohotkey http://l.autohotkey.net/AutoHotkey_L_Install.exe Authotkey is a keyboard/mouse/peripheral script program that has been around for some years. It is entirely legitimate and a very intelligent piece of software.

2a. Install Autohotkey - once installed you do not have to run it as a program. Then download the attachment on this post titled ToggleRemapped.zip(if you have Winrar, you can rename .rar, though should not be necessary). Extract it to wherever you desire, then skip to step 3.

Or for manual install/do it yourself :

2b. Install Autohotkey - once installed you do not have to run it as a program. Then right click on your desktop and select New > Text Document.
    In that document space, copy and paste the below :

toggle = 0
    #MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2

~x::
    Toggle := !Toggle
    if Toggle
    Send {RButton Down}
    else
    Send {RButton up}
    return

~Rbutton::
    if Toggle
    {
    Send {RButton up}
    Toggle := 0
    }
    return

Then save the file as ToggleRemap.ahk <----- make sure to change it from .txt to .ahk
    Once this is done you should have a file on your desktop with a "H" for it's icon.

Please note that in this setup we are using the x key as our remap. You are free to use whichever key you like, however you will need to replace the x in the above script with your desired key, as well as in the Synapse instructions below. If you are having trouble figuring out the shortcut for a keystroke in Autohotkey, see the reference chart here : http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm

3. Double left click the ToggleRemap.ahk and it will minimize itself to your tray/taskbar as a green "H" icon.

4. Open your Razer Synapse gui/window and under the Mouse - Customize section, create a new profile with the + button. Name it Defiance.

5. On the right side of this same section find mouse buttons 1 and 2 which are your Left Click and Right Click. Select the right mouse button by left clicking on the number 2.

6. From the new window that shows, there is a drop down menu. In that menu select Keyboard Function. Click into the box in the center and press the letter x on your keyboard. At the bottom select to SAVE

6. Close the Synapse gui/interface window (or minimize it).

Enter the game and enjoy your toggle zoom/scope. Remember that in this setup your ToggleRemap.ahk and the Defiance profile in Synapse must be running together. You will not need to change your in-game 'Aim' binding - it should stay as RMB

Sensitivity switching(Toggled sensitivity modifier)

1. Open your Razer Synapse gui/window and under the Mouse - Customize section, create a new profile with the + button. Name it Defiance.

2. On the right side of this same section find mouse buttons 6 and 7 which are your Scroll Up and Scroll Down. Please note that we are using the scroll wheel as it's in-game default function is to swap weapons primary/secondary. There is already a keybind for this, thus it's not needed.

-Left click on button 6 and from the new window that shows, there is a drop down menu. In that menu select Sensitivity .
    -Beneath that find another drop box titled SENSITIVITY TYPE and select Sensitivity Stage Up.
    -Further below is a button for you to click regarding Configure Sensitivity Stages. In that new menu change the Number of Stages to "2"
    -Next, click on each of the two stages below, starting with the one on the left and adjust the sensitivity with the slider.
    The idea is that stage one is your normal mouse speed, and stage two will be the over increased speed specifically for use when you are zoomed/scoped.
    -Once done, Save and then Save again.

4. Select mouse button 7, and repeat the process above as you did for button 6; however this time you are selecting Sensitivity Stage Down. Then Save - you do not need to change any of the sensitivity stages or speeds as you've already done this.

When you are in game, give the mouse wheel a quick flick forward to crank the sensitivity, and vice versa.

If you wish to use other buttons, you are free to do so, though you want it to be something that's easily accessible and doesn't require much pressure which may hinder your mouse movement.

Sensitivity Clutch(Held sensitivity modifier)

The clutch can be setup in similar fashion to assigning the Sensitivity switching as in the previous section. The difference being that you use a normal digital button (e.g. numpad5). This time when you select Sensitivity from the drop down box, you have four choices, Stage Up and Stage Down as before and now two more, Sensitivity Clutch or On The Fly Sensitivity.

You will select Sensitivity Clutch, then set the highest speed you want with the slider - for when zoomed/scoped.

When in-game, hold down the button you assigned as the clutch and it will ramp up to the predetermined mouse speed, until you let go of that button.

I am currently working on an Autohotkey script that will automate most of this in conjunction with preset sensitivities, for both held or toggle scopes.

Razer has also responded with some suggestions and looking into how the macro system might facilitate what I am hoping to accomplish.

I will update this thread accordingly should I make any progress.

Bugs/issues

Synapse : If you have this sensitivity profile running you will lose mouse scroll wheel function. Just remember to right click Synapse tray icon and change the profile to your normal/default one when needing the mouse wheel.

Autohotkey : If using the first Aim toggle setup listed above(without keybind remap), you may find the right mouse button behaves oddly in Windows/outside the game with the script running. The simplest way to reset it, is click the left /right mouse button a few times quickly. Or, right click the "H" Autohotkey icon in your system tray and Pause script then resume it when you are ready.
    This does not happen with second Aim toggle setup.

Autohotkey : If using the first Aim toggle setup listed above(without keybind remap), you need to depress the right mouse button (come out of aim) in order to reload.
    This does not happen with second Aim toggle setup.
    Attached Files

Nice guide. I haven't had any issues with sensitivity or aiming yet, but I if I do know where to look for help! Thanks!

i use SMG shotguns + grenade launchers and i gain huge crit multipliers for hip fireing .

a VoT techmag pulser (67 mag cap) + VoT auto fragger(21 mag cap) are stupidly fun and no need to aim mode due to being to close to the target.

Pretty sure the game game reads mouses input directly and there is nothing you will be able to do with AHK to with out something like razors software in conjunction with a mouse made for it.

Quote Originally Posted by McWaffle View Post
    Pretty sure the game game reads mouses input directly and there is nothing you will be able to do with AHK to with out something like razors software in conjunction with a mouse made for it.
    Yep, your solution for aim toggle, dosent work, i have a logitech mouse..
    thx for your effort though. I really need a aim toggle option ingame, plz repost if u find a solution for other mouses than Razors.

Quote Originally Posted by D3ST View Post
    Yep, your solution for aim toggle, dosent work, i have a logitech mouse..
    thx for your effort though. I really need a aim toggle option ingame, plz repost if u find a solution for other mouses than Razors.
    I believe you misunderstand. The toggle and sensitivity are separate processes handled by separate programs.
    Toggle is done by Autohotkey, and transcends whatever mouse /peripheral you have.

In the event you've made a mistake making the script, I've uploaded it (see original post, link added).
    You will still need Autohotkey installed though.

Unless they plan to allow other ways to increase the mouse sensitivity in game then i would expect to see this as breach of the conditions, It is using a third party program to get a blatant advantage over users who do not have it. I would love to have a higher sensitivity but do not have access to razer products or software?

Be careful with it.

pls add sensivity features like in gears of war.

1 for just moving around turning around the camera and such stuff
    1 for aiming
    1 for scoping

that way you can turn around quick, havin a bit slower aiming and even more when scoping. you can tune it like you want to play it

Quote Originally Posted by Spencley View Post
    Unless they plan to allow other ways to increase the mouse sensitivity in game then i would expect to see this as breach of the conditions, It is using a third party program to get a blatant advantage over users who do not have it. I would love to have a higher sensitivity but do not have access to razer products or software?

Be careful with it.
    All mouses for gaming have a switch that allow a DPI change in game and third software dedicated to creat profile and macro in addition fo the driver, it's not new, if TRION intend to make this flaw a requiered design, then they would have to ban all gamers using gaming mouse ?
    Common sens would be that TRION put Defiance on the same level as all the mass of shooters already existing in the market.
    A bother that come from aiming in a game when the main factor is aiming would be a very bad design.

Not all player need the same sensitivity set up to play the game; for some people, to have the aim slowed by a x-2 factor is perfect, but for others, it could be x-2.5 or x-3 or x1 etc.
    It is already putting a blatant advantage to some players and a big handicap to other.

Thank you very much for the guide author. However i dont use autohotkey at all. It has more problems then it fixes. I believe a game should be configurable by default.

Im yet to look at the defiance configs so im gona have to dig in it seems at sum point.