+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Wow first off I think a lot of people in this thread completely miss the point/don't understand. I completely agree, this system is stupid. Why should I have to switch to a different weapon just after I get a new bonus on the weapon I'm using? Like oh cool my weapon is better now, but if I want my character to keep getting better I can't use it anymore. It's just dumb. Plus now I'm filling up my inventory with spare weapons so I can keep skill training, waste of space. This really needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosada View Post
    Wow first off I think a lot of people in this thread completely miss the point/don't understand. I completely agree, this system is stupid. Why should I have to switch to a different weapon just after I get a new bonus on the weapon I'm using? Like oh cool my weapon is better now, but if I want my character to keep getting better I can't use it anymore. It's just dumb. Plus now I'm filling up my inventory with spare weapons so I can keep skill training, waste of space. This really needs to be changed.
    as i pointed out you don't NEED to keep that weapon you can scrap it so that you can get mroe salvage to add mod slots and if you have a modded weapon that you can't use anymore you can scrap it and keep the mods unfortunately it cost 9k to keep the mods and lose the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by demonichatered View Post
    yeah i understand too i just think it would be better if they didn't charg you 9k to remove your mods and lose the gun. i like that if i completely add mod slots to a weapon and add the mods to it i can get them back and put them on a new pistol so i still have my preferred buffs and such.
    Mod sparingly, most guns can be replaced within 100-200 or so ego. I personally think the fix to this should be decreasing a mods stats slightly every time is gets re used, wear and tear style. Instead of stupid amounts of resources we suffer through.
    "Whatever Happens, Happens.."

Pick a category to work on, preferably 2-3 weapons at a time and use them constantly, rinse, repeat. Delete or breakdown ALL currently inactive shields/weps/grenades. Otherwise, but more inventory space, I have 50 or so and I barely have to sell but one a day.

Quote Originally Posted by demonichatered View Post
    as i pointed out you don't NEED to keep that weapon you can scrap it so that you can get mroe salvage to add mod slots and if you have a modded weapon that you can't use anymore you can scrap it and keep the mods unfortunately it cost 9k to keep the mods and lose the weapon.
    I understand HOW to deal with it, the point is I SHOULDN'T have to deal with it. I don't want to scrap my best weapon, I want to use it WITHOUT PENALTIES!!! Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenic_Touch View Post
    Yeah, it's a back asswards system. Promoting trashing perfectly usable guns. There should be an exp reset or the weapon skill needs to keep going up. In fact the weapon skill shouldn't even have a cap, since weapons are pretty much static.
    I understand the arguments against the current system, but I think i understand the way the devs were intending the system to work.

Okay, so personal XP in, say, Pistols, and then Weapon XP in say, the BFP-9000. So, you use various pistols, and get pretty good at it, but then you find and like the BFP-9000. You use that exclusively over the next few weeks, months whatever in-game time periods we'd be talking about. You get to know how the BFP handles, you get to know exactly how it works. You eventually figure out that the recoil on it pushes it up and slightly to the left, so you compensate for that when firing. You grow to understand how the clip feed is a little sticky on the last bullet, and take that into account. The little things about that specific gun. That's the Weapon XP, and eventually, it maxes out as you become intimately aware of all the design issues inherent with it.

But that's just with that gun. If someone handed you a different gun, you wouldn't be as good with it. In fact, you've specialized so much on fine-tuning your firing to that one specific gun, you can't react to different situations as well with a different weapon. If you use several different pistols, you'd slowly get used to the way they behave in different ways, and you become better at adjusting your skillset on the fly to take into account new situations and issues. That's the Personal XP/skill in the game at play.

An analogy might be a person who is extremely fluent in C++. They may be good at that to the exclusion of all other programming languages, but they aren't necessarily going to be as good of a general programer as someone who also has mastered several other programming languages. Or a chef that specializes in one dish as opposed to a more well-rounded chef, which can take his varied experience and apply it to any new dish that comes across.

I understand the concept behind what they were going for, and I think it's fine. That said, I also like the suggestion of upgrading an item to the next tier. Maybe something that once you get a weapon up to max XP, you can reset its XP to 0 at a higher tier then (by way of the weapon modification screen, maybe including a random mission of its own to get the components, etc.?)? And each level'd be harder/more involved to get to, to keep everyone from eventually running around with a zillion oranges in their inventory.

what EGO are you? because as i have seen like Ninja has said the damges don't change until you go to a higher 100 ego or so it seems. i have had 3 shotguns in the 100-200 range all had the same damage except for a blue. and then after i got to 310 the next green shotgun i found had a better damage. i don't have the salvage to scrap the blue with my mods on it yet but when i do let me tell you i will be adding them to the next weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjatourettes View Post
    Mod sparingly, most guns can be replaced within 100-200 or so ego. I personally think the fix to this should be decreasing a mods stats slightly every time is gets re used, wear and tear style. Instead of stupid amounts of resources we suffer through.
    i'm level 359 and my best weapons are ones that I got in the beginning of the game from my preorder bonuses. i found a really good infector one night that was better, but when i logged on the next day, my character had been rolled back to a state before i found that weapon.

i'm level 359 and my best weapons are ones that I got in the beginning of the game from my preorder bonuses. i found a really good infector one night that was better, but when i logged on the next day, my character had been rolled back to a state before i found that weapon.
    Pre order weps scale to avoid them being useless after launch.

@demon most weps will be a MINIMAL increase at this level, end game is expected roughly around 4k or so if I'm not mistaken, with 5k being all current pursuits maxed. The extra pursuits are just for self accomplishment, if you don't wanna do somehow don't, or vice versa. EGO won't impact game play much aside from perks and weapon levels.

I would like to see something tweaked with this too. Its not game breaking but to keep the logevity up especially for dedicated players having to choose between a great gun and getting XP is not the best way to handle this.

I wouldnt mind seeing as you level the gun up it unlocks modd slots as an alternative to using salvage. Then you can level a gun 4 times and still get XP for the weapon type then have it stop accumulating then.
    "Thats no moon. Its a space station."