+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is the value of scrip across all 3 systems?

I'm a little curious as to the answer to this as I see multiple thread on the ps3/xbox need want forums selling the same gear but in some cases with hugely varying prices.

There are multiple answers to this and I don't want any drama here but is it because scrip has less value on one of the systems or because the items on the other system are inflated.

Is scrip valued 1 for 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Bentu View Post
    I'm a little curious as to the answer to this as I see multiple thread on the ps3/xbox need want forums selling the same gear but in some cases with hugely varying prices.

There are multiple answers to this and I don't want any drama here but is it because scrip has less value on one of the systems or because the items on the other system are inflated.

Is scrip valued 1 for 1?
    The market is skewed on all systems. I play on both consoles. The Xbox seems to always be more inflated in prices over ps3 for same items. I do not know why.

Un Named Ps4 NA Critical error
    Johnny Gatt Ps3 NA Ego 6000 Clan Defiance Terminators
    Howie Felt 360 NA Ego 6000 Clan Legendary Guns
    Howie Felter Ps3 NA Ego 6000 Clan Defiance Most Hated
    No Slack 360 NA Ego 6000 Clan Legendary Guns-Inventory vendored. Toon retired.
    Molly Bushwhacker Ps3 Ego 6000 Clan Members Only- Inventory vendored. Toon retired

On PC nobody trust scrip.If i sell my JP for scrip, i am not guaranteed to buy JP i want for scrip.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Gatt View Post
    The market is skewed on all systems. I play on both consoles. The Xbox seems to always be more inflated in prices over ps3 for same items. I do not know why.
    Me too, I've just sent you a pm that I think will make clear why I'm asking lol.

I see it as a 1 to 1 value. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Made by Tauriiel. ^ Cause she's freaking awesome. Duh.

I curse the day my dream became my descent
    Suddenly, I long for you, my only love.

My Collection:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...-Rare-N-Stuffs....

For Science:
    https://www.twitch.tv/earapture/profile

List of Trades:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...36#post1905136

Scrip is on the verge of becoming a useless Currency and the reason is that there is no rewarding scrip sink so more and more scrip is entering the game but it's going nowhere, just like a country that insists on printing more money to further devalue its worth! The only time script leaves the game in measurable chunks is when the "Defiant Few" choose to burn it in hopes to get a lockbox jackpot! On top of that during events we get about 80% blues at majors so that's a minimum of 2,520 scrip per major so multiply that by the amount of people there and you can see how much script is being flooded into the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Skiller115 View Post
    Scrip is on the verge of becoming a useless Currency and the reason is that there is no rewarding scrip sink so more and more scrip is entering the game but it's going nowhere, just like a country that insists on printing more money to further devalue its worth! The only time script leaves the game in measurable chunks is when the "Defiant Few" choose to burn it in hopes to get a lockbox jackpot! On top of that during events we get about 80% blues at majors so that's a minimum of 2,520 scrip per major so multiply that by the amount of people there and you can see how much script is being flooded into the game!
    I see what you're saying but my mind I'm thinking about the cost of the every day weapon transactions and not so much the jps as jps are being traded more so now rather than being bought or sold for scrip.
    Re the sale of all the drops to vendors, the majority of people we see in game at the events are just event groupies who will only turn up for them now and again so the amount of scrip they have is locked away until they play again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentu View Post
    I see what you're saying but my mind I'm thinking about the cost of the every day weapon transactions and not so much the jps as jps are being traded more so now rather than being bought or sold for scrip.
    Re the sale of all the drops to vendors, the majority of people we see in game at the events are just event groupies who will only turn up for them now and again so the amount of scrip they have is locked away until they play again.
    please I've seen T4 FoP powerbores go for over 500k and OJ FoP BRs goes for 1-5 mil! And on PC someone bought a T5 Powerbore for 25mil scrip!

I have stopped buying and selling entirely. I trade only now. As for mods , I use what I need , friends and clan get what they need, and rest including t4 mods get vendored to make room for next event. Since I no longer buy, I no longer need scrip , so all the gougers can look elsewhere for their outrageous prices.

Un Named Ps4 NA Critical error
    Johnny Gatt Ps3 NA Ego 6000 Clan Defiance Terminators
    Howie Felt 360 NA Ego 6000 Clan Legendary Guns
    Howie Felter Ps3 NA Ego 6000 Clan Defiance Most Hated
    No Slack 360 NA Ego 6000 Clan Legendary Guns-Inventory vendored. Toon retired.
    Molly Bushwhacker Ps3 Ego 6000 Clan Members Only- Inventory vendored. Toon retired

Quote Originally Posted by Skiller115 View Post
    please I've seen T4 FoP powerbores go for over 500k and OJ FoP BRs goes for 1-5 mil! And on PC someone bought a T5 Powerbore for 25mil scrip!
    People will pay what they have to to get what they want and if they don't the price will come down.
    I've paid 600k for a purge power bore in the past as I wanted it for my 3x dmg bhf ar.
    Sat t4s mods can go for a mill and t5s for more.
    That doesn't mean scrip is valueless just people will pay for what they want.
    I'll agree 25m for a t5 is way out there but if the guy has the scrip and is happy with the sale who are we to comment. It's his business and I hope he enjoys the use he gets from the mod.