Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

official developer question regarding terms of service question section microtrans.

hello devs! i would like to formally ask a question regarding terms of service to further my understanding of them. I recently aqcuirred a 14 day xbox live gold trial card which i cannot use or have need of due to having almost a year of live already active (i got this card via purchasing an xbox one hence the card came with it). i would like to formally ask if using this live card as trade item would qualify against the terms of service under microtransactions where the live card is not actually physical currency. If this is against TOS then i will just keep the card and save it for when my live comes close to running out next year, if this is a green light and its not against TOS then i will likely proceed to trade it, but before either happens i wanted to get a formal response only from the developers regarding this matter on the TOS.

thank you for your time trion officials,
    sincerely MasterProtector.

Yes it would. Dont need a dev to answer that.

Trades can be done ONLY with tradable gear within the game, so weapons and scrip

Quote Originally Posted by Bentu View Post
    And if it's not against Trions tos it would definitely be against Microsoft tos.
    It's also against my ToS. Lol. I don't trade for outside items.

Made by Tauriiel. ^ Cause she's freaking awesome. Duh.

I curse the day my dream became my descent
    Suddenly, I long for you, my only love.

My Collection:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...-Rare-N-Stuffs....

For Science:
    https://www.twitch.tv/earapture/profile

List of Trades:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...36#post1905136

as stated in the title and in the description, the questions answer will only be accepted by a development team member, thank you for your answer though, i dont intend to do anything either which way until its answered by a developer, im not saying anyone is wrong or right simply stating im only going to accept a developer answer where its their policy.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterProtector View Post
    as stated in the title and in the description, the questions answer will only be accepted by a development team member, thank you for your answer though, i dont intend to do anything either which way until its answered by a developer, im not saying anyone is wrong or right simply stating im only going to accept a developer answer where its their policy.
    It's literally in the T.O.S.

MP,its deffo in the tos.
    best to keep these kinds of trades /deals off the radar,so to speak and only with trusted friends.
    none of these trades are authorized nor supported by microsoft nor trion......
    and Dont post it in zone chat either...stay safe out there.

You'll have better luck pm'ing one...
    PS3 NA

No one's "attempting" to answer your question. What is being said is the answer to the question lol

It is against the rules to mix real life economy and ingame economy. Period. And it is widely known that it is a bannable offense to mix those two economies.
    (and no, that doesn't include buying things in the bitstore like a fop syn crate and trading those items in game in exchange for scrip or other weapons or arkforge - but it definitely does include exchanging microsoft cards, cash, or ANYTHING outside the game, for ANYTHING inside the game.)

Even the game codes that can be found in retail copies of defiance. Those "game codes" people sometimes sell for ingame scrip or weapons... yeah that's against the rules too.

If you PM a dev, as was suggested, you'll only get an echo of what was already said by several in this thread.

Its against the TOS and can get ya banned but from time to time you still see players throwing up things like trading PSN cards for Insert JP here, etc.
    PSN: Null_Wolf

Merchandising, merchandising, where the real money from the game is made. Defiance-the T-shirt, Defiance-the Coloring Book, Defiance-the Lunch box, Defiance-the Breakfast Cereal, Defiance-the Flame Thrower, Defiance-the Bitstore, Defiance-the 2050.