+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Without sounding stupid...

Ive never used or understood what these are for.

Could someone divulge, preferably without condesending chatter

Thankies

That's the price you pay, for not being on NA

You might want to look at this on youtube - should explain --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBD0UO-8OX8

Interesting.... think i might be attaching this to something later....
    That's the price you pay, for not being on NA

I don't understand what the link above was supposed to show. I mean, with 3-burst that gun fired 3 ammo bullets resulting in 9 pellets as it's a split-shot gun. The player could just hold the fire key a little longer for the same effect.

The actual benefits of the 3-Burst are:
    1. Convert Heavy Carbine from semi-auto gun to a burst shot.
    2. Increase fire rate on full-auto guns exploiting the lack of delay between bursts:
    http://postimg.org/image/8ca1e65i7/

The second feature works best on slow-firing guns (cold fire LMG/AR, SAW, FRC Cabine), still affects medium fire rate guns (VBI AR/SMG, VBI Thunder, Mazu), almost negligible on fast-firing guns like Tachmag (could depend on your network latency though) and does not affect burst-fire and split-shot weapons like Blast Rifle.
    Team Evolution Clan
    My characters on Defiance Role Play Forum:
    Taffer | Vo Kshaa | Luuzuk Kshaa

stick one on a volge typhoon ar.

if you use one on a br with a tactical scope and are a crit headshot player,
    youll see the difference immediately.
    ( or any weapon that you can crit consistently with.)
    life is short,play hard!

Quote Originally Posted by hempman View Post
    stick one on a volge typhoon ar.

This the only use I have found.

you will pick use very small dps gains on certain weapons, however, you add alot of recoil in doing so, and can also lose some sustained dps but going without some reload or mag.

the special case for this mod is the cannoneer casti springer, you will actually gain sustained dps and burst dps using this mod, and due to the casti's rolls, it wont feel sluggish or sloppy with super long reloads or tiny mag size like on a blast rifle.

this may also work with non cannoneer casti's and/or regular pulsers, however, i have only phisically tested can casti's, blast rifles and hog legs (blast rifle gaining 1.7ish fire rate and the hogleg gaining absolutely nothing)

(also, this was tested using screen capture and frame by frame timing, not the usual stop watch/reaction test many stand behind)

Best use I've found is on the frc heavy assault carbine. Takes a on shot per click semi-auto ar and makes it do 3 shot bursts instead per click/trigger pull. Some people claim you get increased Fira on a gun by equipping it but haven't tested that myself yet.

I use them on volge typhoons. I have a few FRC heavies with burst mags as well.

Un Named Ps4 NA Critical error
    Johnny Gatt Ps3 NA Ego 6000 Clan Defiance Terminators
    Howie Felt 360 NA Ego 6000 Clan Legendary Guns
    Howie Felter Ps3 NA Ego 6000 Clan Defiance Most Hated
    No Slack 360 NA Ego 6000 Clan Legendary Guns-Inventory vendored. Toon retired.
    Molly Bushwhacker Ps3 Ego 6000 Clan Members Only- Inventory vendored. Toon retired

Every Heavy FRC I have has a controlled burst on it. Run with a tactical scope, fall off barrel, and hi cap, and you've essentially made a fast firing sniper. Crit shots all day long...
    "It is what it is..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    I can assure you that we care deeply about Defiance.
    PSN-rebtattoo
    PS3na IGN-Reb Aingeal
    187 Syndicate

PS4 IGN - Reb