+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Weapon synergy question

Question: What are the synergy classes for uncommon weapons?

Possibly starting over just so I can have synergy with something I like using all the time. Everything aside I like smgs, beserker shotguns and something I just found called a flare gun.

If you can post uncommon weapon synergy, weapons characters do not start off with that would help me either stick with my class or more carefully chose a new one.

As far as I know, class you choose is only starting weapon you prefer. Different synergy mods can be use by everyone no matter class.

Example of synergy that I think is good:

1. Assault: FRC SAW with upgraded magazine and any high cap shotguns, combine with prepareness perk. Use AR if you like a lot of headshots.
    2. Sniper: Bolt action sniper rifle and upgraded +4 mag on a Flare gun or SMG, combine with the 2 perks that after full reloads will recharge and prolong ego powers (near decoy)
    3. Explosive: Grenade launcher, and cluster shotgun (shoot nades) combine with explosive perks around Overcharge.
    4. Bull rush pistol (knock back) combine with Intimidation perk.

I'm just wondering which weapons go with which class besides the ones that characters start off with.

Is synergy based off of weapon type or is there a synergy type?

There are no classes. Synergy is not character based, it is mod based. The "classes" you are thinking of, mean nothing other than starting costume and weapon. The fact that I started off as an Outlaw hasn't changed that I now use an infector as my main weapon.

Weapons can have synergies with your origin (veteran, survivalist, outlaw, machinist) which I presume means there will be mods with the same synergies (I have yet to see one). Weapon mods come in synergy sets, so far Brutal is the main one people seem to be seeing, gained from lockboxes, the mod type and weapon class are random, so getting 2, 3 or all 4 mods for a particular weapon class can be expensive/difficult, and of course, getting the right weapon to use them on too...

Not to be confused with Synergy Mods for weapons?
    If laughter can be contagious, why do we never hear of mirth epidemics?

Live every day, As if it may be your last, For one day will be.

Some of the Synergies have the same name as the origins, but anyone can use them.
    In fact everyone can use everything in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue13 View Post
    Weapons can have synergies with your origin (veteran, survivalist, outlaw, machinist) which I presume means there will be mods with the same synergies (I have yet to see one). Weapon mods come in synergy sets, so far Brutal is the main one people seem to be seeing, gained from lockboxes, the mod type and weapon class are random, so getting 2, 3 or all 4 mods for a particular weapon class can be expensive/difficult, and of course, getting the right weapon to use them on too...
    This is where I am a little confused, as well. I have a flare gun that offers a Survivalist synergy (pretty nice one at that lol).

Is that meaning a survivalist synergy that is a mod on a weapon, or the fact that I am a survivalist, and other origins will NOT get that bonus? or if I were to give it to someone else, would they see their OWN origin on there?

i.e will i find more survivalist mods later that I can plant into the weapon and get the synergy bonuses?

You can use the weapon, but you won't get the synergy bonus unless you are the right origin. So far all the origin synergies I have seen are [2] which I take to mean your origin [1], and the weapon [1]. Hopefully more will appear to give a little more differentiation to the origins without locking them into classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue13 View Post
    You can use the weapon, but you won't get the synergy bonus unless you are the right origin. So far all the origin synergies I have seen are [2] which I take to mean your origin [1], and the weapon [1]. Hopefully more will appear to give a little more differentiation to the origins without locking them into classes.
    Sorry, but that's completely wrong. There are no classes and your starting character's backstory has zero impact on the game, minus what outfit and gun you start off with. Period.