+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    No, I don't think you understand it. The way it's set up now benefits higher level players which is a good thing. It means you have to work toward it.

This is because higher level players will have more of the weapon proficiency maxed out, meaning they won't have to worry about losing XP for using a weapon that is also maxed out.

This way you spend your early levels raising those weapon inefficiencies and later on it pays off because you don't lose waste potential xp gains from using your maxed out weapons.
    I understand it fine. It's a backward system, that has been complained about since the alpha. At one point they mentioned they were going to allow you to reset your weapons exp bar so you could actually keep the gun instead of getting rid of it because they acknowledge that it was a problem, but why that hasn't been done is anyone's guess.

You're trying to rationalize a backwards system and your explanation doesn't work. If their weapon proficiency is maxed out, the exp bar is irrelevant to them. So they won't be losing exp because there is none to gain with a maxed out proficiency. It may require you to work for it, but as I said the first time it promotes find a vendor and buy multiple copies and as stated earlier by someone else, it penalizes you for using your favorite weapon.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Beta Tester -/- NA PC Player -/- CORE Leader -/- Ego Level 5,000 - Clan Level 2,950 - Winterborn - Now playing ESO

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenic_Touch View Post
    I understand it fine. It's a backward system, that has been complained about since the alpha. At one point they mentioned they were going to allow you to reset your weapons exp bar so you could actually keep the gun instead of getting rid of it because they acknowledge that it was a problem, but why that hasn't been done is anyone's guess.

You're trying to rationalize a backwards system and your explanation doesn't work. If their weapon proficiency is maxed out, the exp bar is irrelevant to them. So they won't be losing exp because there is none to gain with a maxed out proficiency. It may require you to work for it, but as I said the first time it promotes find a vendor and buy multiple copies and as stated earlier by someone else, it penalizes you for using your favorite weapon.
    That's the whole point. At higher levels you've worked hard to max out your inefficiencies and are rewarded by not needing to try and gain more XP with a specific weapon.

If it's a backwards system then what is your suggestion?

Because the reverse of what it is now (as you say, backwards) would be to never have a maxed out weapon and never have a maxed out proficiency, which remove the 'Hey, I finally completed it!" feeling you get right now at higher levels. Basically it's like taking away higher level content/rewards (on a small scale).
    Watch my interactive Live Stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/sharkongames
    Watch my past game videos and game tutorials @ http://www.youtube.com/sharkongames
    Read game articles and more videos @ http://www.sharkongames.com

I got an orange rifle at 158 EGO. My EGO is well over 500 now. I'm still using that rifle, because it's a better weapon then anything else I've found (of the same type). I'm not going to purposely throw it away to gain weapon exp with a crappier gun.

This system is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    That's the whole point. At higher levels you've worked hard to max out your inefficiencies and are rewarded by not needing to try and gain more XP with a specific weapon.

If it's a backwards system then what is your suggestion?

Because the reverse of what it is now (as you say, backwards) would be to never have a maxed out weapon and never have a maxed out proficiency, which remove the 'Hey, I finally completed it!" feeling you get right now at higher levels. Basically it's like taking away higher level content/rewards (on a small scale).
    As he said, it could be reworked so that you have the option to reset the XP on that specific weapon to zero once it is maxed and then level it again, so that you can keep using the same weapon while still getting weapon XP for that weapon type. As it is now, you need to recycle your weapon once you have maxed it in order to avoid being prevented from gaining further weapon XP for that type, which feels artificial to most players.

I suspect a part of the intention in the context of a relatively flat loot system is to force players to play with more than one weapon that they get early on in the game so that they can mix it up with different types of weapons. However, I think most people find that irritating, and would prefer to change weapons only when it is a clear upgrade over their existing weapon, not simply to avoid a weapon type XP penalty.

Best way to deal with this is to keep a few fav weapons and consider the rest to be just disposable consumables.

The system is fine. Use your favorite weapon when it is critical (or polite) that you do so (Arkfalls, Co-op maps, pvp).
    When you are just randomly questing, swap in other various things so you gain bunches of weapon xp

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenic_Touch View Post
    It gains a random bonus stat and you stop gaining experience towards your skill level with that type of gun. So you'll have to salvage it, sell it and find a new one if you wish to continue gaining skill experience.
    Yes i just recognized this today and its ******ed! You spend hours to find a very good weapon - you add slots and good mods and then - after exping out this weapon you have to use another one to gain progress in your skill level?! ***in ridicilous.

what happens if you max a weapon out and give it to another player? When they max the weapon out will it add another bonus? And what if they give that weapon back to you to use on an alt? Same thing, another bonus?

I see how many of you make a good point about the weapon leveling stopping the skills leveling but can I atleast have a bank to hold my guns I've been spending the last few days getting green stuff and keycodes to outfit my weapons I really like and now I find it's for nothing because I won't be able to even use these guns again until I max tht skill out so lame I want my time back thx for the heads up on tht game =P

Using the same ar for almost whole game now just thought my ar skill was glitched and it'd catch up after you guys would fix the error. My bad =<