+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Had the same problem with the foreman, who didn't show up when I came to meet him. The area was deserted and there were no activities in the area. The solution is pretty simple, all you have to do is keep checking the area from time to time. What you have to look for is for the site security to start walking around. If they show up the foreman will show up too. It probably helps if there are no activities near by. Encountered the bug yesterday and completed this mission the next day.

I got same issue bug, accept these NPC disappeared when I gone my second goal, I mean littery disappeared and I was like wtf.

No need to duel people, just teleport to someone nearby or in another instance of the game world come back to the site and it works. Worked for me even during an arkfall. Same for the aftermath mission there.

Quote Originally Posted by YYAndy View Post
    The foreman appear when you are far but when you go near it will dissapear
    well it took me a week to complete this part , u see these ncp walkin around but they disappear if u come closer . I abandoned the mission several times and one day it worked . now I cant enter the ark like the guy did here https://youtu.be/r_PsmFaNXcQ?t=1m18s

A "fix" for this is the same as for the "missing foreman". Accept the quest, then use your Friends List to GoTo a friend in a different phase. Enemies and mission will be there now.

I believe the switching phases works because the handoff from one phase to another resets whatever parameters the server looks at for your character. A minor observation of this is that when you switch phases, you always wind up holding the first weapon in your loadout. Even if you had the secondary equipped. By switching phases, you force the server to "redo" all your current "settings".

And I'm not super tech savvy, so my explanation terminology is probably waaaaay off. But ya'll get the gist.

Evolution or Extinction

Quote Originally Posted by vengeance22 View Post
    No need to duel people, just teleport to someone nearby or in another instance of the game world come back to the site and it works. Worked for me even during an arkfall. Same for the aftermath mission there.
    So this is how I fixed it and got into the ark . Had this quest on , invited a friend to my group and it finally worked . We bother enter the ark and completed this mission .

it's March 2017 and it still isn't fixed!

It seems pretty clear that Trion has no intention of ever fixing this bug, even though people have been complaining for almost a year.

And there are other similar numerous mission-stalling bugs which have gone unfixed and (as far as I can tell) unacknowledged for 2 years or more.

Looks like Trion has essentially abandoned Defiance: there's been no substantial new content (apart from trivial events like the periodic new synergies added to try to milk money from the item store). I went through the patches for the last year: no new content, no new gameplay, no bugfixes, nothing but the money-harvesting new synergies). In fact, they've actually removed content and functionality from the game, i.e. the Auction House.

I'd spent hundreds of dollars in the item store before I realized that the game is essentially dead, and stopped wasting my money. Because of this bug preventing my progression I haven't played for about 9 months: I just log in occasionally to see if the mission is still bugged, find out it is, then leave for another few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryim View Post
    A "fix" for this is the same as for the "missing foreman". Accept the quest, then use your Friends List to GoTo a friend in a different phase. Enemies and mission will be there now.

I believe the switching phases works because the handoff from one phase to another resets whatever parameters the server looks at for your character. A minor observation of this is that when you switch phases, you always wind up holding the first weapon in your loadout. Even if you had the secondary equipped. By switching phases, you force the server to "redo" all your current "settings".

And I'm not super tech savvy, so my explanation terminology is probably waaaaay off. But ya'll get the gist.
    Hmm ... I'm only and occasional/casual player, so I have no in-game friends. Not sure how I'll get past this.

Assuming I do find someone to help, you mentioned a different phase. Do they have to be in a different phase of the same mission, or will it work with anyone not in the same place/mission/mission-phase?

Still experiencing this. This is continuing to cause issues for our community can we get a fix for this mission please?