+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Unable to complete pursuits that end in Crystal Springs SV

This pertains to Pursuits that have goals in Crystal Springs, Silicon Valley.

On two characters. I am unable to complete some Season 2 Pursuits. Defiant Pursuit. I am unable to Speak to the foreman. He simply never shows up in the yellow circle. In fact there are no NPCs in the area.

On another toon. Season 2 Aftermath. The entrance to the arkfall never shows up.

This is an issue on both characters over multiple accounts.

I have Abandoned and restarted the missions and logged in and out of Defiance.

Is anyone else having this issue.

If there is a arkfall, siege or incursion in the mission area it will stop you from finding your mission objective (same with data recorders). You'll need to either wait until the arkfall/siege/incursion ends then leave and reenter the area to do the mission or phase hop to another phase w/o a siege/incursion in your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Xellia View Post
    If there is a arkfall, siege or incursion in the mission area it will stop you from finding your mission objective (same with data recorders). You'll need to either wait until the arkfall/siege/incursion ends then leave and reenter the area to do the mission or phase hop to another phase w/o a siege/incursion in your way.
    There are no other events happening at the time I try to complete the mission. Map is clear.

A Simple Workaround

What's needed?
    A clannie or a friend who's willing to lose about 5 secs. of her/his time.

Hi, y'all.
    I and another player discovered a workaround for the two missions in said area.

We just duelled where the icon (golden star inside pentagon) is and the foreman, for instance, will show up.
    The mission point should be inside the duel area, not just near it.

Same thing worked for the other one where the teleporter (bluish circle thingy), where you would interact to go inside the structure, will show up.

Remember that you can't duel when the mission point is within an arkfall or siege.

I think the problem here is that the mission points always consider the area "unsafe," and duelling means that the area is presumptively "safe," so maybe that's why it works.

I hope it works for you guys and gals too.
    Happy hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Horo Satre View Post
    A Simple Workaround

What's needed?
    A clannie or a friend who's willing to lose about 5 secs. of her/his time.

Hi, y'all.
    I and another player discovered a workaround for the two missions in said area.

We just duelled where the icon (golden star inside pentagon) is and the foreman, for instance, will show up.
    The mission point should be inside the duel area, not just near it.

Same thing worked for the other one where the teleporter (bluish circle thingy), where you would interact to go inside the structure, will show up.

Remember that you can't duel when the mission point is within an arkfall or siege.

I think the problem here is that the mission points always consider the area "unsafe," and duelling means that the area is presumptively "safe," so maybe that's why it works.

I hope it works for you guys and gals too.
    Happy hunting!
    Nice work around and thanks for the post! Helped a clanmate through the mission using this info.

A few notes to add: The NPCs seem to phase in and out, so you have to follow the foreman around spamming the X button to interact.
    Another is that there cant be an Arkfall overlapping the area either...if its in a red circle, duels are disabled.

this mission does seem completely broken... there is now a good number of posts of people having issues with it, i'm glad to here this work around / tip for mission, i'm going to try it but i wish the mission would get fixed its seems its totally broken...
    IGN - David Irwin - Terry Darlington * PSN - cruxkilla *

Kinda felt Rick Rolled with this
    Character name: Wonkh.
    Clan: Supreme Hive.
    PlayStation 3 - NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonka View Post
    Kinda felt Rick Rolled with this
    I do believe some others did that workaround too before me, just didn't spread the word; or worse, it didn't work for them either.

I assume that you're currently dong the "Speak to the foreman" part?
    When you duel in the mission area, only he will spawn.
    If you look at the map while doing so, you'll see a yellow dot blinking - that's him - 'cause he's gonna phase in and out as Crack here said.
    There should be other NPCs walking around there too, but they won't show, just the foreman.
    That's how exactly it happened to me.

In the next mission, when you duel, the tele will show no matter what.
    It won't phase in and out.

Are you sure there's no major arkfall or siege that just happened there too?
    You'd have to wait for about five mins. or so, if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Horo Satre View Post
    I do believe some others did that workaround too before me, just didn't spread the word; or worse, it didn't work for them either.

I assume that you're currently dong the "Speak to the foreman" part?
    When you duel in the mission area, only he will spawn.
    If you look at the map while doing so, you'll see a yellow dot blinking - that's him - 'cause he's gonna phase in and out as Crack here said.
    There should be other NPCs walking around there too, but they won't show, just the foreman.
    That's how exactly it happened to me.

In the next mission, when you duel, the tele will show no matter what.
    It won't phase in and out.

Are you sure there's no major arkfall or siege that just happened there too?
    You'd have to wait for about five mins. or so, if so.
    Thanks for the explanation.
    I'm stuck in the mission where a door is supposed to appear on Crystal Springs.
    I went there (where the yellow-meters triangle points) with several different Clanmates, and we can't duel there.
    I thought it was a joke on us, that's why I felt Rick Rolled.
    Still no idea on how to finish it.
    Character name: Wonkh.
    Clan: Supreme Hive.
    PlayStation 3 - NA.