+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonka View Post
    Thanks for the explanation.
    I'm stuck in the mission where a door is supposed to appear on Crystal Springs.
    I went there (where the yellow-meters triangle points) with several different Clanmates, and we can't duel there.
    I thought it was a joke on us, that's why I felt Rick Rolled.
    Still no idea on how to finish it.
    That mission can be worked around as well. If you cant get the duel trick to work, you can simply force your way into the associated coop through the matchmaking coop menus. Just gotta match the season 2 coop with your "current active" mission and it will complete it when done. The bad part is it scales like coops which makes it harder than it should be for a mission...

Guess I should start making some online friends if I need a duel buddy to get through some of these issues.

And yes, both issues at Crystal Springs happened here. The foreman one....support progressed me by the issue. And the next, entering the ark....well....I will try all listed on this post first since I am currently dealing with this issue.
    This has been very good info.Thanks to all.

I don't play with anyone online. To be honest, I don't want to. It's bad enough I spend 10 mins. snipping from a ridge to clear out an area, and some idiot with his friends come trouncing in and blow through the rest of the mission, single shot killing everyone and I'm left shaking my head. Now, I have to rely on these same people to get through 2 missions? No thanks, there's a reason I play by myself, I like to move at my own pace and not rush through any of these. Guess I just won't do these ones.

I was having both these issues myself.

The duel workaround was successful for the Foreman, but not for the entry point for the Aftermath mission. It blinks in and out again, but you need to be able to hold the interaction button, so it doesn't work.

However, today, around 12:00UTC, the entry point naturally spawned without issue. Could be a stability thing.

Note: If there is a Shrill/Grid siege, the mission will actually tell you that you have to break the siege first.
    Former Dust Bunny

I can now confirm this BUG on all three platforms. While on Xbox 360 NA I got lucky by going to look for the Foreman before starting the mission the same trick hasn't worked.

My characters Ambassador Skye on PS3 NA and clubside on PC NA are both stuck, unable to complete this mission. Just now I had clubside not find the foreman, leave for a Warmaster, come back to the area with no events anywhere close to it, yet no foreman. I tried going to the closest emergency up above the area near the extraction point, cleared it, and as I came down the mountain I saw the foreman flashing but as I got closer they disappeared. Repeated, two NPCs were walking around, both disappeared before I could get close.

This BUG has been reported here multiple times over the last few months, it is a SHOWSTOPPER. Why isn't it being commented on by Trion support or community leaders much less fixed?

Other Silicon Valley NPCs are always around even during incursions, why isn't the Foreman always around?

Buy, sell, trade and socialize at the Hulker Cafe

I captured some video on the PC version showing the Foreman being there until you get anywhere close. Notice they return if I run back up to the extraction point, can be seen flashing indicating interactivity, yet even maintaining them in my sight they disappear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVEn2E0igQ4

Clubside, duel someone at that point. During the duel, the Foreman will flash in and out of the area, you can talk to her during this time to complete the mission.
    Former Dust Bunny

Thanks Yiazzy, I'd actually seen that advice, unfortunately despite repeated attempts I couldn't get anyone to duel. As much as that's a nice "workaround" this fits the definition of a SHOWSTOPPER when it comes to debug testing, so it really needs to be addressed, not by fighting a glitch with another glitch. Related to my situation follows in my answer below.

Yes Bentu, the site has remained up even after I quit following DLC5 two years ago. People even continued to use it up to a year ago it seems from the last postings. I haven't done a full run-through but am currently on a new project for the site and I will do that testing to make sure everything's working. Once that new project is ready and I've cleaned up some things I will make an announcement here.

I'm in an odd situation compared to most Defiance players. I bought six copies of the game and six season passes, three physical copies (including one Ultimate and one Collector's Edition) and three digital for an end result of three PC NA accounts, two Xbox 360 NA accounts and one PS3 NA account. I have 5000+ EGO characters on nearly all of those accounts. Many are part of a clan of one, me, for testing and building features for my site which I worked hard on to give back to the Defiance community.

My oldest character, clubside, hadn't been used since DLC2. He's part of the clan Children of Gallifrey, which was big "back in the day" but appears to be dead. I could quit the clan, join another and find someone to duel with to break the glitch. My PS3 character is part of a testing clan so there's no way for me to have her reach out to someone to come duel. I've had other players in the vicinity but they've ignored duel requests.

Though this current project won't be all that exciting as a long-running player Bentu I hope to get your advice on a few things once I unveil it. Suffice to say at this point I have captured dozens of hours of video and a few thousand images and I have to organize and edit a lot of things but in the end I hope it will be a great resource and a fun project for me. After the long break once I heard the show had been cancelled I was curious about the game. I found busy servers across all platforms so as long as people are going to keep playing, and I still love the core shooting experience, I figured I'd dive back in.

Clubside, if you can get onto EU PS3 servers, I'll duel you.
    Former Dust Bunny