+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I'm having the same issue... Xbox360 NA server. Season 2 Defiant Pursuit... no foreman. I haven't tried the workarounds yet.

Come on defiance team. Fix this bug!!! Yeah i'm friggin yelling. Bad enough in game chat is completely useless to me. I can't duel with anyone. Tried waiting for someone. I see the damn guy when i'm outside the circle then he just disappears when i get close. Been stuck on this for a month!

I want the bug fixed too (it's ridiculous since the NPCs on the first leg of the mission are always around even during incursions why is the code different?) but in the short term if you're on an NA platform just PM me to schedule a time and I'll be there.

I've provided plenty of visual proof of the areas behavior on one on my YouTube channels, as part of the standard content it should be a priority over nerfing weapons and copy/pasting events.

Buy, sell, trade and socialize at the Hulker Cafe

My newest baby toon had this problem yesterday. Never a problem on any other toon, but they all completed season 2 pursuits prior to the shrill and grid sieges. ( It seems the bug popped up when these were introduced into the game. )

I could not get the foreman, there was an active siege. I jumped servers and went to crystal springs and got her no problem.

When I got to Aftermath, I initially got the blue gateway thingy to activate. I made it into arkfall only to instantly get shocked as if hit with electric nano,followed by auto extract to outside with mission still active but on yellow mission icon instead of blue gateway thingy. I quit mission , restarted mission, and returned only to have yellow mission marker.

This was on ps3 na.

Johnny Gatt Ps3 NA 6000 Clan Defiance Terminators
    Howie Felt 360 NA 6000 Clan Legendary Guns
    Howie Felter Ps3 NA 6000 Clan Defiance Most Hated
    No Slack 360 NA 6000 Clan Legendary Guns
    Molly Bushwhacker 5304 Clan Members Only

I just got home from work and restarted the Aftermath mission. Instead of teleport in to water temple I tried driving there from Port bruno. There were no sieges or arkfalls active at crystal springs when I arrived. The interactive blue thingy was there, so I entered the arkrise. I did not wander this time, but turned around and went straight down corridor and dropped down to interior. It seems if you are lucky to get in, and wander near walls at start point, you get auto extracted and re entering is glitched and impossible.

Once I dropped down to interior, the rest of the mission progressed as normal. I never died without a selfie, so am not sure what happens if you have to extract.

This was on ps3 na

Johnny Gatt Ps3 NA 6000 Clan Defiance Terminators
    Howie Felt 360 NA 6000 Clan Legendary Guns
    Howie Felter Ps3 NA 6000 Clan Defiance Most Hated
    No Slack 360 NA 6000 Clan Legendary Guns
    Molly Bushwhacker 5304 Clan Members Only

I'm playing on PC, I have no option to jump servers anywhere I can see. I tried to do this myself for a week straight, 90% of the time I visited there was nothing going on in the area at all, no sieges or events anything, but the Foreman still would vanish when I got close to him. If there were any events happening I'd go out and make sure they were finished, come back and try to get to him for 30 minutes after (going back and forth into his area, logging out a lot, dropping and restarting the quest from scratch, etc) and never could get to him.

Eventually I did find a workaround to pass the Foreman myself without someone else, but it only works on the Foreman part and not the door that you have to go in a few missions later. That workaround will only work if you have a way to briefly "unplug" your internet and get it back on quick enough (I did this on a hard wired PC and just unplugged the ethernet cord). So I unplugged my internet as I started to run towards the foreman, then he didn't vanish as I got closer as long as it was unplugged. Then I plugged it back in as I was spamming E to talk to him. You have to do this all in a very quick time before the server disconnects you, and you still may have to try a few times as I did it twice before it worked for me.

I felt super happy and proud until I hit the door a few missions later that this wouldn't work on.

Anyway there's a spot up on a northwest little clearing where you can be fairly close to the Foreman before he vanishes and it was where I did it from.

This also means if you've got a laggy connection that isn't responding too well the quest could work for you and you don't realize it's only working because you're lagging. He only vanishes if you've got a good server connection going at the time (or a speck of data gets through to tell him to vanish even if it's a bit spotty).

Sadly this only works at the Foreman. Two quests later when you have to do the door, it's holding down E instead of just having to click E and that's a whole different monster. You can lag force the door to stay there but you can't hold down E on it after, the door needs to be there the entire time with the server responding in order for you to hold down E and so the unplugging option won't work. Dueling as others have mentioned works for the door there in Crystal Springs of course, so you'll have to use dueling against someone else to get past it.

I'm wholly confused as to how and why a series progression stopping bug is still there in the game after this amount of time...

Another easy workaround::

The Dueling workaround works (sorta). Sometimes the doorway 'flashes' and doesn't give you enough time to interact (foreman takes less time).

Instead, start the mission (accepting it from the ego hologram), and then switch phases by going to a friend in a different one. Tested this over and over. Even if a Siege was ongoing in the new phase, the doorway was there, and accessible to me.

This also works on the Foreman. While you still need to have a friend/clanmate online, you don't need to see if they have time to go there and duel you. Also, the doorway no longer 'flashes' but is always steady and accessible.

Hope this helps new (and old) players, as well as MAYBE giving the Devs a clue as to how to fix it (one can always hope).

Evolution or Extinction

Just helped another player complete this mission after trying for months . Thanks to the suggestions here and choosing to try the DUEL option it worked but the person needed to talk to only appeared as a flashing orange dot when the one doing the mission is shooting the other person. Gotta be quick about it though. Also this was completed while an arkfall and incursion were active.

Well, it's February 2017 already and they still haven't fixed this bug, is Trion even reading these forums or we're just writing for nothing here?