+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Dueling a friend in the area resolved it for me, the foreman and gateway showed up once the duel invite was accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentu View Post
    Dueling a friend in the area resolved it for me, the foreman and gateway showed up once the duel invite was accepted.
    Any idea if you can duel in SV again?

Edit: sorry, was asking for PS3.
    Character name: Wonkh.
    Clan: Supreme Hive.
    PlayStation 3 - NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonka View Post
    Any idea if you can duel in SV again?

Edit: sorry, was asking for PS3.
    You should be able to Duel in Sv at any time near these locations, except during a major arkfall that covers the areas or a siege. (Idk if it's 100% the same on ps3 but it should be)
    GT-Kkdubz25
    IGN's--
    kkdubz (e6000)
    Rub Dubz (e6000)
    Rubadub Dubz (e6000)
    Dubzster <- Next 6k (200e left)
    Dat Dubz
    The Dubz

Xbox 360 NA
    Clan:Sugar House Gang

Quote Originally Posted by Bentu View Post
    While this brings the marker up, it blinks and after 15 minutes of trying to complete the "E", I gave up. I got to maybe 80% twice, after probably 100 attempts.

I tried standing still, the guy dueling me tried standing still, we tried moving around, he even killed me hoping the next round of the duel might stabilize it. I tried moving into different distances, right on top of it, as far as you can get and still activate, points in between. I crouched, I tried coming from above (too high).

Sometimes it would blink in and out so fast you couldn't even begin to click E. There was no pattern, sometimes it'd blink 6 times in 10 seconds, sometimes it'd go 10 seconds and you'd not see it.

This was at least 30 minutes after the last siege at Crystal Springs, which I participated in and we won. No other sieges started, and no arkfalls overlay the area during the attempt or since the siege.

Quote Originally Posted by montaillou View Post
    While this brings the marker up, it blinks and after 15 minutes of trying to complete the "E", I gave up. I got to maybe 80% twice, after probably 100 attempts.

I tried standing still, the guy dueling me tried standing still, we tried moving around, he even killed me hoping the next round of the duel might stabilize it. I tried moving into different distances, right on top of it, as far as you can get and still activate, points in between. I crouched, I tried coming from above (too high).

Sometimes it would blink in and out so fast you couldn't even begin to click E. There was no pattern, sometimes it'd blink 6 times in 10 seconds, sometimes it'd go 10 seconds and you'd not see it.

This was at least 30 minutes after the last siege at Crystal Springs, which I participated in and we won. No other sieges started, and no arkfalls overlay the area during the attempt or since the siege.
    I have yet to see this problem on xbox 360 NA. When you bring up the duel, can you try to end the duel to see if the marker stays after the duel has been ended? Also what platform are you on? Also, if you finish a siege, teleport out (like to water temple) and come back, having the siege just completed without you leaving could have also been a problem for some reason. I will keep trying to look into this the best I can but I'm a player just like you lol. I hope it works the second time!
    GT-Kkdubz25
    IGN's--
    kkdubz (e6000)
    Rub Dubz (e6000)
    Rubadub Dubz (e6000)
    Dat Dubz
    The Dubz

Xbox 360 NA

Quote Originally Posted by kkdubz View Post
    I have yet to see this problem on xbox 360 NA. When you bring up the duel, can you try to end the duel to see if the marker stays after the duel has been ended? Also what platform are you on? Also, if you finish a siege, teleport out (like to water temple) and come back, having the siege just completed without you leaving could have also been a problem for some reason. I will keep trying to look into this the best I can but I'm a player just like you lol. I hope it works the second time!
    I had left & came back because my armour was down and I wanted to repair the plates. However, someone was already there waiting for the entrance. He left after about 15 min at which time I got someone to come to start the duel after explaining how it was supposed to work.

Once I ended the duel, via forfiet, the blinking stopped and it was back to normal - that is, the orange marker was still there and there was no entrance.

I'm on a PC. Maybe it works for the Xbox but that's a solution I'll have to live without.

I typically have checked the site 4-5 times over the times I play each day. Times when the coast is clear, it's just not there.

What's funny is I first encountered this problem about a month ago, when trying to get the foreman to appear. A few checks and one time he was up, the entrance wouldn't show up, then a day later it was up. Unfortunately I was sub-1000 ego and the map was a pain in the *** and I quit right at the end out of frustration and decided to try again with higher ego. Now I'm at 3k ego and I cant' get back in.

Same issue here

Same issue here. Im on the X360 NA. Tried all the above you did, and more. The dueling workaround kinda works, but fades out much to quick for holding in the x button to take affect....dissappers again. I tried this for about 2 hours with a friend. Rebooting, reloading defiance, after, during, and with no incursions etc in area.
    I have put in a support request to advance me past this mission in order to continue on with missions. I was told to abandon mission and try again. Ive done this 1000 times already.
    If support reads this, please help and advance me past this mission. I cannot continue on without advancement.

Quote Originally Posted by VITCHLER View Post
    Same issue here. Im on the X360 NA. Tried all the above you did, and more. The dueling workaround kinda works, but fades out much to quick for holding in the x button to take affect....dissappers again. I tried this for about 2 hours with a friend. Rebooting, reloading defiance, after, during, and with no incursions etc in area.
    I have put in a support request to advance me past this mission in order to continue on with missions. I was told to abandon mission and try again. Ive done this 1000 times already.
    If support reads this, please help and advance me past this mission. I cannot continue on without advancement.
    I know that the formane fades in and out. The door may have done that to me too, but I got in no problem the first try. So heads up, you have to enter the door during the duel. It will go away. Confirmed for me at least.

However, remember there is another way, just a tad bit harder. You have to manually enter matchmaking and choose the mission you are on. Completing this map will complete the mission. However, the threat level will be at whatever you choose (3 for standard), so being lower ego will be harder so grab a friend to run it with you in a group. Let me know if that works.
    GT-Kkdubz25
    IGN's--
    kkdubz (e6000)
    Rub Dubz (e6000)
    Rubadub Dubz (e6000)
    Dat Dubz
    The Dubz

Xbox 360 NA

I know that the formane fades in and out. The door may have done that to me too, but I got in no problem the first try. So heads up, you have to enter the door during the duel. It will go away. Confirmed for me at least.
    It wasn't even up when not during duel, and during duel it blinked too fast to enter - confirmed by me!

However, remember there is another way, just a tad bit harder. You have to manually enter matchmaking and choose the mission you are on.
    You can't enter a map you haven't done before, at least not by EGO 3000. Maybe if you were in a group and one of the group members had done it, you could then do it for them and maybe this would work.

At any rate, for some reason the entrance was visible when I logged on today and it was still visible after I completed the instance.

Congrats Montaillou; Im extremely Jealous!!
    And your correct, I have tried to this mission manually, but it is in "RED" and cannot do manually. Good thought though. I check everyday to see if the gate is there; maybe Ill get lucky too. But am hoping that Support advances me past this mission soon.

+ Reply to Thread