+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ventilator

Ventilator

Just got this from Crystal Springs, seems to be a pretty decent weapon. Mag Size of 42 with 4 Rolling Thunder synergy mods on.

Is this weapon any good for PvP?
    Former Dust Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by Yiazzy View Post
    Just got this from Crystal Springs, seems to be a pretty decent weapon. Mag Size of 42 with 4 Rolling Thunder synergy mods on.

If you supreme it and get a good dmg roll it'll be decent.

It dropped as an Epic so it'll only go as high as Legendary
    Former Dust Bunny

Not a good PvP weapon. The damage is too low and you run out of ammo extremely fast.
    Defiance is gone. Gamigo has been "not neglecting" the game for over a year, yet there's nothing new except for low effort arkfalls and bitshop items.
    I know it might be hard to quit a game you loved for years but you have to understand that it won't get better. Ever. If you like the game in it's current state, then sure, keep playing it. You're enjoying yourself after all. But if you aren't, don't hope for a better future for Defiance. Because it won't come.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStrike View Post
    Not a good PvP weapon. The damage is too low and you run out of ammo extremely fast.
    Even with the Mag at 42?!
    Former Dust Bunny

Even with the Mag at 42?!
    You have 45 rounds on your reserve pool. The damage is too low to kill highly tanked players and the can usually escape which means that you can waste a high amount of rounds trying to kill someone only for them to escape and you walking around low on ammo.
    Defiance is gone. Gamigo has been "not neglecting" the game for over a year, yet there's nothing new except for low effort arkfalls and bitshop items.
    I know it might be hard to quit a game you loved for years but you have to understand that it won't get better. Ever. If you like the game in it's current state, then sure, keep playing it. You're enjoying yourself after all. But if you aren't, don't hope for a better future for Defiance. Because it won't come.

Spoiler:

Guess I'll have to see what I can do to improve it's performance. I don't have any Blast Rifles or Charge. Lades, so I'm making do in PvP with a Tachmag Pulser and Blur. Isn't too bad.
    Former Dust Bunny

Guess I'll have to see what I can do to improve it's performance. I don't have any Blast Rifles or Charge. Lades, so I'm making do in PvP with a Tachmag Pulser and Blur. Isn't too bad.
    Almighty Wall of Text

My advice for you would be avoiding any OPed weapons in PvP, such as the Blast Rifles and Charge Blades that you mentioned. One thing that I've noticed is that players that only use those weapons get used to their power and usually can't use other weapons properly. However, players that use non-OPed gear can get quite good skill growth, to the point that they can kill well with nearly every weapon. By following this method you will get your ass handed to you quite often. However, it will compensate. I made the mistake of choosing the easy way early on and when I tried dropping my Piper, I got killed much more often even though I rarely got killed when I had my Piper equipped. As such, I realised that I didn't really have any sort of skill and that it was just an illusion. As such, I traded my Piper to a friend of mine and started to use balanced gear and only when I did that was when I experienced my greatest evolution.
    Back to the topic, if you're lacking in gear, try the secret vendors. They sell some weaponry that isn't totally terrible and the vendor specials have 2 weapons instead of just 1.

Spoiler:

Interesting. My playstyle is more suited to SMG/LMG or Snipers tbh. I've had a fair few melee kills. Could be fun to see if I could ever get kills with the Ventilator though, or even better, a BMG.
    Former Dust Bunny

It dropped as an Epic so it'll only go as high as Legendary
    Guns that drop as epic can usually be upgraded twice so they can become supreme, exception being warmaster guns that simply can't be made supreme