+ Reply to Thread

Reputation Pursuits/Contracts

According to KiwiBird, these were supposed to be fixed with event patch... I have 3 factions, Tarr Family, Topnotch, and Seventh Legion which still can't progress as they're maxed at less than 1500

Is this being addressed?... need I submit the dreaded ticket?... this stuff is getting oh, so old

I have issues with reputation, I am stuck at 1100/1100 and not advancing at all. o I need to file a ticket or just to wait a few weeks till it is eventually fixed (or may be not)?

My understanding of how this works (and I could be wrong) is that the maximum amount of spendable reputation points you can earn (i.e. max reputation points allowed for level 6 is 1300) is based your current reputation level. The reputation level is based on the cumulative (lifetime) total of reputation points you've earned (and is NOT reflected in the current amount of reputation points you have). Unfortunately there does not appear to be a place where you can see your current lifetime (cumulative) rep points. Let's say you’re at level 6 and you have 1300/1300. As you complete more contracts you continue to accumulate lifetime points but your point limit will not go up until you reach 4600 lifetime rep points to reach level 7.

Level Max Rep Points Lifetime Points
    5 1200 2100
    6 1300 3300
    7 1400 4600
    8 1500 6000
    PS4 NA
    IGN: Jimmie Mac
    Clan: Terminators

PS3 NA
    IGNs: Jimmie Mac / JimmieMac Junior
    Clan: Defiance Terminators

That's exactly it, your rep cap is based on your level which is based on lifetime rep earned. I was a little confused at first as well because it looks like a rep gain bar to level it up, where as it;s really just showing how much you have vs your current cap.

If you are at cap you need to spend some, otherwise you are just wasting it. It takes 6000 lifetime rep gain to get a cap of 1500, so you'll max it out several times over before you get all the way to max rank.

Thank you very much for explanations of this new non-intuitive system

Quote Originally Posted by Fauxknight View Post
    That's exactly it, your rep cap is based on your level which is based on lifetime rep earned. I was a little confused at first as well because it looks like a rep gain bar to level it up, where as it;s really just showing how much you have vs your current cap.

If you are at cap you need to spend some, otherwise you are just wasting it. It takes 6000 lifetime rep gain to get a cap of 1500, so you'll max it out several times over before you get all the way to max rank.
    if this is the case, I'd like to have been told as much... by the folks that operate Defiance, I mean... is this speculation, or is it written somewhere?... I appreciate your opinion and the fact that you shared it... or, if it is fact, would you share a link?

thanks

The patch notes showed how much lifetime rep you needed for each rank, Jimmie listed them above.

thank you, sir