+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jackleg Joe

Jackleg Joe

Okay, so I reached ego 4500 and with my ego grid almost completed, decided that it was time to farm Ego from pursuits.

I'm now stuck at ego 4830ish in Marin because I have to help Rosa kill Jackleg Joe. Getting to him is a snap, offering no difficulty whatsoever. It's a lot of fun. I can manage to just barely not one-shot the flamethrowing midgets, and send them burning off to interrupt Joe's invulnerability, with his magic shield down, exposing his normal shields.

I then unload my legendary assault rifle into him. After 15 or 20 bullets from my 30 round magazine, He goes back to invulnerable status. I wondered if there was some sort of max damage threshold, so I switched to a purple LMG. Much lower damage per bullet, maybe the change in dps would prevent his shield from cancelling out. I can get him down to a very low amount of shields, but it's hard to tell exactly, maybe 20%?

No matter what though, they ALWAYS instantly recharge to max power before I can get any HP damage.

The spawns are a snap, I don't even care about them, I'm effectively invulnerable to their pitiful weapons, and leisurely slaughter them when convenient.

I tried a grenade launcher for high instantaneous damage, but it seems like it doesn't help either, I can't seem to get a direct hit.

Is this a glitch? Why can't I damage him? Is there a time limit to his shield drop? If so, it looks like his shields only drop for 2 seconds or so. Just another 2 seconds of vulnerability would let me at LEAST chisel away at his HP, but I CAN'T DO ANY DAMAGE TO HIM AT ALL.

I have to ask because after running out of bullets the 4th time in one attempt, I know something isn't right. I've checked google, and there are a few discussions and videos (that was a waste of 13 minutes of my life) from 2013.

After 2000 bullets, something is wrong. Anyone have anything recent on this at all?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKam View Post
    Okay, so I reached ego 4500 and with my ego grid almost completed, decided that it was time to farm Ego from pursuits.

I'm now stuck at ego 4830ish in Marin because I have to help Rosa kill Jackleg Joe. Getting to him is a snap, offering no difficulty whatsoever. It's a lot of fun. I can manage to just barely not one-shot the flamethrowing midgets, and send them burning off to interrupt Joe's invulnerability, with his magic shield down, exposing his normal shields.

I then unload my legendary assault rifle into him. After 15 or 20 bullets from my 30 round magazine, He goes back to invulnerable status. I wondered if there was some sort of max damage threshold, so I switched to a purple LMG. Much lower damage per bullet, maybe the change in dps would prevent his shield from cancelling out. I can get him down to a very low amount of shields, but it's hard to tell exactly, maybe 20%?

No matter what though, they ALWAYS instantly recharge to max power before I can get any HP damage.

The spawns are a snap, I don't even care about them, I'm effectively invulnerable to their pitiful weapons, and leisurely slaughter them when convenient.

I tried a grenade launcher for high instantaneous damage, but it seems like it doesn't help either, I can't seem to get a direct hit.

Is this a glitch? Why can't I damage him? Is there a time limit to his shield drop? If so, it looks like his shields only drop for 2 seconds or so. Just another 2 seconds of vulnerability would let me at LEAST chisel away at his HP, but I CAN'T DO ANY DAMAGE TO HIM AT ALL.

I have to ask because after running out of bullets the 4th time in one attempt, I know something isn't right. I've checked google, and there are a few discussions and videos (that was a waste of 13 minutes of my life) from 2013.

After 2000 bullets, something is wrong. Anyone have anything recent on this at all?
    look on youtube there is a trick to it

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    look on youtube there is a trick to it
    Um...
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKam
    I've checked google, and there are a few discussions and videos (that was a waste of 13 minutes of my life)
    Please tell my you're not referring to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEZ29nhWr8c
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I also watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftk-bC3G39o

At 1:02 you see that jackleg joe has taken health damage. THAT PART DOESN'T HAPPEN. I can't get through his BLUE shields. His gold invulnerability shield does get dispelled by the flaming midget explosion.

you have rinse and repeat with the smelter . when u hear his shield is down is the only time you can cause him damage . use a boomer or a ground pounder

Well, thanks for the advice, Deathbringer. The answer in my case was bolt action sniper. It did enough damage to break through his shields. None of my grenade launcher attempts worked, he just never suffered enough damage.

i always used a big boomer det, put all dets on him THEN break his shields
    gotta use another weapon other than the det to break his shields. when they go down swap to det and blow em up

Yep I went with GP one hit after shield down hes gone

Oh yeah forgot you can bring a friend to help since its a coop mission

When you hear- shield is gone use mass cannon or ground pounder -3 shots and he die

Has anyone been able to take him down recently?
    Watched the videos bunches of times, no idea what we are doing wrong... it looks like he is supposed to jump off the balcony at around 50% hp but instead of doing that, his shield regenerates & hp bar regenerates & he stays up there refusing to jump down to us O_o