+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58
  1. #21
    Member Kuroro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    3,338
    btw about swords,i just made a thread showing someting very interesting.all pvpers on ps3 NA will notice it http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...-at-this-video
    Danchou - mdarkraciel

  2. #22
    Member r1p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,759
    The game may be rated M for mature but these forums are not so can we please keep the discussions about sword fighting to a minimum? Thank you.

  3. #23
    Member DEATHBRINGER210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    12,580
    Quote Originally Posted by r1p View Post
    The game may be rated M for mature but these forums are not so can we please keep the discussions about sword fighting to a minimum? Thank you.
    ohh myy lol

  4. #24
    Member The Lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    PS3 NA
    Posts
    939
    Come on now we know how you boys are when it comes to playing with your swords.
    PSN bearbug74

    PS3 IGN The Lady74
    Ego 5700 (Hard Way) 5700 - 5810 (Trion) 5810 - 5991 (Hard Way) 6000 (Trion)
    Clan 187 Syndicate

    PS4 IGN The Lady
    Ego 50
    Clan Here2***ShtUp

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    UK - South
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lady View Post
    Come on now we know how you boys are when it comes to playing with your swords.
    Haha! Swish, swish, flick!

    ...or something to that effect
    Former Dust Bunny

  6. #26
    The fix is not a complicated idea. It's call roll swords back as they were pre-buff. Fix the weapon directly.

    I don't get this idea to change others things to continuously accomadate the stupid game play mechanics that unbalance the game.

    Boomers and a few other weapons are greatly over powered? Let's flip PvP on its head in attempt to balance them instead of directly balancing the problem itself.

    Swords have become way over powered with the new update and has proven to be a mistake in buffing them? Let's change other things and **** all that up to try and balance them instead.

    This whole long awaited PvP update has been ruined by swords and the freak amount of disconnects is god aweful. Can Defiance get a break?

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    the beach
    Posts
    10,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    The fix is not a complicated idea. It's call roll swords back as they were pre-buff. Fix the weapon directly.

    I don't get this idea to change others things to continuously accomadate the stupid game play mechanics that unbalance the game.

    Boomers and a few other weapons are greatly over powered? Let's flip PvP on its head in attempt to balance them instead of directly balancing the problem itself.

    Swords have become way over powered with the new update and has proven to be a mistake in buffing them? Let's change other things and **** all that up to try and balance them instead.

    This whole long awaited PvP update has been ruined by swords and the freak amount of disconnects is god aweful. Can Defiance get a break?
    You get a break every 30 mins or so.

  8. #28
    Community Team CM Kiwibird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In the ceiling.
    Posts
    3,035
    Hey there y'all, Rarnok has an update on PTS coming out for us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rarnok View Post
    Hey everyone,

    An update to PTS is going to be released this afternoon to address some of the issues we have seen with the current state of PvP. If the PTS is ready in time, we will be running a few matches at 5 PM PT. Here is a list of the changes in this first update. They will remain on PTS until we feel they are ready for release to live.

    - Crit Multiplier increased to 2.5x (up from 2x)
    - Electric damage vs health increased to 65% (up from 50%)
    - Incendiary damage vs shields increased to 65% (up from 50%)
    - Melee weapon damage decreased by 25%
    - Grenade damage increased by 15%

  9. #29
    Member r3VCoCCoBeLLo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ITALY,SICILY,PALERMO
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStrike View Post
    -Remove the lunge/leap/teleport or whatever that is.
    -Reduce the damage and radius of the jump stomp.
    I don t know , maybe PC player with better aim obviously can counter really easy who use sword , in my videos i ve used melee weapons too and like it , remember that you need to be really close to enemies , so it's like only one chance to kill .
    Now by myself playing with sword i know how to counter a melee , just jump and shoot to avoid the automelee grab , even with new patch add spread when jump u will hit enemy on head and it's all done . Btw play with logic , try to avoid closes spaces like in monterey , or just remember to put dmg spike and nearly one shot a melee player , so they don t need to fix it , if they do it sword will become again useless , they are already useless on shadow war cuz the open area .

  10. #30
    Member WhiteStrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    [2050]PC-EU (Inactive)
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by r3VCoCCoBeLLo View Post
    I don t know , maybe PC player with better aim obviously can counter really easy who use sword , in my videos i ve used melee weapons too and like it , remember that you need to be really close to enemies , so it's like only one chance to kill .
    Now by myself playing with sword i know how to counter a melee , just jump and shoot to avoid the automelee grab , even with new patch add spread when jump u will hit enemy on head and it's all done . Btw play with logic , try to avoid closes spaces like in monterey , or just remember to put dmg spike and nearly one shot a melee player , so they don t need to fix it , if they do it sword will become again useless , they are already useless on shadow war cuz the open area .
    The lunge is complete broken. I was bluring away from a sword user when he was trying to slash me and the sword teleport was making him follow me. He was not even blurring but just by maashing R1 he was following, due to how bad stability is on consoles.
    I jump around them but the can still slash me in the air due to their connection.
    And they're not close. You need to be closer to deal damage with a sawn-off than with a sword. Seems illogical to me.
    Ever since swords sere buffed, 90% of the matches I play make me run out of grenades halfway through simply because most of the time that's the only way to kill a swordsman.
    Removing the lunge would simply add skill to swords and nerfing the jump attack would stop it's constant spamage when blurred.
    Right now, nearly half the server is using swords simply due to how broken they are.
    Defiance is gone. Gamigo has been "not neglecting" the game for over a year, yet there's nothing new except for low effort arkfalls and bitshop items.
    I know it might be hard to quit a game you loved for years but you have to understand that it won't get better. Ever. If you like the game in it's current state, then sure, keep playing it. You're enjoying yourself after all. But if you aren't, don't hope for a better future for Defiance. Because it won't come.


    Spoiler:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts